Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How much protein am I suppose to have in a day?

I keep reading that I need to make sure I have enough Protein, but how much is enough?

It's hard for me to find stuff, I'm a vegetarian. Someone said I'm to have 160g a day! Holy shmoly!!

Help please!!

I'd say 60-80g minimum; I eat no less than 130g a day.

Good luck!

My doc says 60-80 g a day. I know some people do more, I'd imagine that'd be fairly hard as a vegetarian without ODing on soy!

The ARNP nurse at my surgeon's who does my fills is pretty smart about ths stuff. He says 10% of your daily calories should come from Protein. So if you're eating 1000 calories a day, that's 100g of Protein. That's about what i'm eating, and it's working pretty well for me.

Dave

Soy Beans are the only complete Protein. They taste great and are very easy to eat.

:P

I'd say 60-80g minimum; I eat no less than 130g a day.

Good luck!

Hi I was looking at your weight loss with NO fill ??

Do you mind if I ask what you eat and how much have you in the band now and how have you lost the weight..

Can you advise me on what you are eating? Are exercising. much??

I am maintaining but my Doc wont put any more in the band he says its at the right limit. But to lose I have to go below 500 a day I cannot exercise much I have a bad back Swimming is my ownly Option..

I wonder if you can help???

I tend to eat high protien Lo Carbs ..

So in a Day to lose I would eat a sachet portion of Porridge with Skimmed Milk one tblsp cream /splendor Art Sucrose.

lunch High Protien chocolate shake.

Ryvita Apple and Chedder cheese 50 grams Protein shake.< /p>

No hot meals only once a week. chicken veg and or sometimes Spanish Omlette.Mainly Protien again.

HELP!!

Cheers Dawn :)

:P

Hi I was looking at your weight loss with NO fill ??

Do you mind if I ask what you eat and how much have you in the band now and how have you lost the weight..

Can you advise me on what you are eating? Are exercising. much??

HELP!!

Cheers Dawn :)

Correct, no fill. I don't ever want one either lol. I don't have anything in my band, it's completely empty. When I first started my journey I did high protein/low carbs which is when I lost most of my weight. Nowadays I eat whatever I want so that won't be of much help to you, lol.

I exercise every single day; no excuses. I think it's been key to my weight loss. I exercise a good hour+ except for Sundays. Swimming is great exercise and if you can do it each day, go for it. I think it'd help a lot.

Correct, no fill. I don't ever want one either lol. I don't have anything in my band, it's completely empty. When I first started my journey I did high protein/low carbs which is when I lost most of my weight. Nowadays I eat whatever I want so that won't be of much help to you, lol.

I exercise every single day; no excuses. I think it's been key to my weight loss. I exercise a good hour+ except for Sundays. Swimming is great exercise and if you can do it each day, go for it. I think it'd help a lot.

Thanks for that at least it gives me a good starting point!

you have done really well..

I will start Swimming I think this is key to get the metabolics going as well as watching what I eat..

Thank You!

D :D

I keep reading that I need to make sure I have enough Protein, but how much is enough?

It's hard for me to find stuff, I'm a vegetarian. Someone said I'm to have 160g a day! Holy shmoly!!

Help please!!

Thats crazy! I am a vegan and have had no problems with Protein - I get around 50-60g a day. My shake in the morning has about 22gs and then the rest of the day I'm eating beans/tofu/kale/ spinach/tempeh/quinoa and have been fine.

There is protein in all types of veggies too. The shake that I make every morning is: 4oz soy milk, 4 oz organic apple juice, 1 scoop vanilla spirutein (soy based not whey), 1 scoop green vibrance, and a half cup of frozen blue berries.

I have tons of recipes too if you are interested. good luck!

Hiya,

did they add any fill to your band during surgery? I had my first fill today and found out I already had 4ccs in my 10cc band :)

Zoebug

Hiya,

did they add any fill to your band during surgery? I had my first fill today and found out I already had 4ccs in my 10cc band :)

Zoebug

Hi there!

I had 5mls put in during second round of Surgery...My port flipped over had to have it resited...

Doc says I dont need another that people dont lose any more weight if they are too tight!.. I have to do some work to help myself with the weight Loss so the Exercise and cutting down the portion size and lo carbs is hopefully gonna work!

D :huh:

The ARNP nurse at my surgeon's who does my fills is pretty smart about ths stuff. He says 10% of your daily calories should come from Protein. So if you're eating 1000 calories a day, that's 100g of Protein. That's about what i'm eating, and it's working pretty well for me.

Dave

I'm having a little trouble with this.... 10% of 1,000 calories is 100 calories, not grams. If you figure 4 calories per gram of protein, the actual amount of protein is about 25 grams.

Hiya,

Zoebug

Nope. Empty.