Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2011 Bandsters Report In

Awesome Feeling I am sure!!!! Congrats! I can not do Spanx either I feel sick to my stomach :(

Oh good, I thought it was just me. It's weird because I'm not clausterphobic (did i spell that right) but the tightness of spanx or anything else like that just makes me so sick to my tummy.

:)

Hello Everyone

I decided to check on the May bandsters. I'm so glad that I found this forum. I hope everyone is have a good Monday.

Just curious how all the May 2011 Bandsters are doing?

I was banded on the 20th and this is my 1st time in this group. So far I have lost 30 pounds and am scheduled for my 1st fill on October 12.

Have had to go through my closet and size all my clothes. I was wearing a 24 women's prior to banding but am happy to say those clothes are too baggy on me now. I'll soon be in a 22 women's but am not buying any new clothes just yet.

Hi, I was banded May 25, 2011. I have lost weight slowly. I think I am close to a good adjustment of my band. This last fill three weks ago is the first one where I get uncomfortable or pain when I don't chew well enough or wait between bites. I wish there was a way to know when things are right. I would like to lose more but I am happy to be losing a little instead of gaining a little. I don't PB or vomit. I have a few times when it hurts if I don't chew well.

Hi May bandsters. today is my 5 month surgiversary, so i thought i would check in. I have lost 70 pounds and I have had zero fills. I will see my doctor next month and then if everything is ok, i won't see him for another 6 months after that (unless i need a fill).

so far, I feel amazing, i reached twoderville and still have a loooooonnnggg way to go to get to onederland. i may never get there, but i'm so happy where i am that i really don't care any more. I can eat any type of food and have never been stuck or PB'ed or had any issues really. there were a few instances early on with nausea that we narrowed down to being caused by my time of the month and i take medicine for that now just a day or 2 before my period and it stops nausea in its tracks.

i hope everyone else is doing well and seeing lots of NSVs in addition to the weight dropping.

Dawn that's awesome! My five month is tomorrow, I'm barely into onederland and I'm going in today for my 7th fill ;) I can wear size 12 jeans which is the most amazing thing... And I just bought a Halloween costume that isn't a plus size so I'm super excited about that!!

Hi May bandsters. today is my 5 month surgiversary, so i thought i would check in. I have lost 70 pounds and I have had zero fills. I will see my doctor next month and then if everything is ok, i won't see him for another 6 months after that (unless i need a fill).

so far, I feel amazing, i reached twoderville and still have a loooooonnnggg way to go to get to onederland. i may never get there, but i'm so happy where i am that i really don't care any more. I can eat any type of food and have never been stuck or PB'ed or had any issues really. there were a few instances early on with nausea that we narrowed down to being caused by my time of the month and i take medicine for that now just a day or 2 before my period and it stops nausea in its tracks.

i hope everyone else is doing well and seeing lots of NSVs in addition to the weight dropping.

that's great news Zoe. congrats on wearing normal sized clothing. my next goal is really to lose 30 more pounds because i am going on a cruise next year and some of the weight requirements for various excursions are 30 pounds below what i currently weigh....soooooo i have a goal to keep me motivated.

i booked this cruise as a treat for myself when i lost the first 25 pounds...hopefully by the time it rolls around, i will have lost 100. fingers are crossed.

You will Dawn ;)

Fill number 7 is done, up to 7.4ccs in my 10cc band.

Hi Everyone! I was banded on May 4, 2011. I have not yet gotten a fill! I have lost 50 pounds as of last friday. I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow, and I think I am going to get it. I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to so I want to get one. I am nervous about it!

I cant remember the last time I weight this much, all of my clothes are too big, but im not buying new clothes just yet!

In the mean time, my husband and I have been struggling with infertility (not weight related) and we decided to sign with an adoption agency we have been waiting a year for a baby! Well we got the call about a baby girl born on August 21 and she was in our arms August 22. She is wonderful and her Birthmother is an amazing woman. We are in an Open Adoption and it is an amazing journey :)

Hi Everyone! I was banded on May 4, 2011. I have not yet gotten a fill! I have lost 50 pounds as of last friday. I am scheduled for a fill tomorrow, and I think I am going to get it. I feel like I can eat more than I should be able to so I want to get one. I am nervous about it!

I cant remember the last time I weight this much, all of my clothes are too big, but im not buying new clothes just yet!

In the mean time, my husband and I have been struggling with infertility (not weight related) and we decided to sign with an adoption agency we have been waiting a year for a baby! Well we got the call about a baby girl born on August 21 and she was in our arms August 22. She is wonderful and her Birthmother is an amazing woman. We are in an Open Adoption and it is an amazing journey :)

THAT IS SO EXCITING!!!!! Congratulations on the new addtion to your family!!! Children are just wonderful!

Also, congratulations on your 50 pounds! Its a huge milestone!!!

Hey May Bandsters...it's coming up on six months for us. today is my 6 month Bandiversary and I'm down 77 pounds with no fills.

report in and tell us how you are doing.

and..

happy 6 month Bandiversary everyone!

Hey all!!! my 6 month is coming quickly!! Nov. 24th! OMG I can't even believe it! Anyway, I''ve los 62 pounds and have had 4 fills. BUT the best part of all of this is what's happening at the clinic where I had my surgery!

My surgeon wanted me to have the RNY, he told me I would only lose about 50pounds (hah- proved him wrong!) and that I wouldn't be happy. I told him he was wrong and I would be successful! Anyway, he told me he was very proud of me and gave me a hug! wow. thats a lot for a doctor. then at our support group meeting, I was asked if they would show my before pic and let the people find me, I hesistantly agreed, and... no one knew who I was!!!! and finally, our leaders have begun to realize that our needs are different from those of the rny patients and have agreed to let us have our own meeting and are starting pod casts and asking me questions about my band! I'm becoming the expert (along with a very dear friend of mine)! It's a wonderful feeling to be paving the way for better support for us bandsters in this clinic. Also, my friend was told that only about 40% of band patients achieve their weight loss goals! well we all know that's so not true, but we're planning on proving it to them!

sorry for the soapbox, just some really cool things I get to be involved in and I'm really enjoying it!

Hello my May bandsters. I just wanted to give everyone an update. I had my second fill of 2 cc on November 15th under fluoroscopic. Hopefully, the next time, my doctor will be able to find my port in the office with more weight loss. I will not be able to return until May because I lost my insurance when I started a new job. I pray that my doctor is in the network. I would hate to lose her because she is a great surgeon and she keeps me motivated.

To date, I have 4 cc in my band and I have lost 60 pounds thus far. This past week has been tough for me. I have only been to the gym twice. I have to keep motivated during the winter months which is hard for me. I have about a 30 minute commute and after I pick kids up from activities, it is just easy for me to come home and relax instead of going to the gym like I should be. I set my weight loss goal for 25 pounds from November 15 - January 14, 2012. I don't know if I set my weight loss goal too high or not especially during the holiday season. I really want to accomplish it though which means I need to workout more. I hope to at least lose 10 pounds during December but it is going really slow.

The good news, I started out wearing a size 28 pants and now I'm down to a 22. My shirt size was 4x and now I'm wearing a 2x. I was wearing a 46DD bra and now I'm wearing 42DD. I have make some really great accomplishments and now I just have to stay on track especially since I'm will not receiving another fill. I'm good at where I'm at now and I don't know if another fill will be needed but time will tell. I'm really loving myself right now. I think my husband is feeling some insecurities but he does not have to worry because he is the one that motivates me to keep going.

After my second fill, I have been having some increased vomiting but I know what I'm doing wrong. I'm eating foods that I know that I can't have. After vomiting, I tell myself I'm not eating that again because I know that I can't have it.

Well, I have went on long enough with my story but this is my update. I'm just keep pushing and pushing Banane36.gif

Update - it's been a tough time since May 2011! I was banded and then got an infection in my incision- I ended up at a wound clinic and on antibiotics for weeks - it got worse and I had the lap band removed 4 weeks post op. In August the lap band was replaced and for about 7 weeks I had good restriction and lost a total of 80 pounds between my pre diet and November. I stayed at the same weight until March - no loss - no gain and then I began to gain - I went every month and got fills but my diabetes flared up and I had to increase my insulin- this made me hungry and so I ate more. At some point I just gave up trying. Today it's been 14 months and I have gained 20 pounds in the past 4 months. AAAAGGGG frustration! Today I returned to the doctor and got another fill - my band now has over 7 cc. I am frequently asked if I would do the lap band again if I had to do over -- I can honestly say NO! I feel like I wasted $16K and after a total of 5 surgeries still have a bmi of 46. My weight is the same as it was a year ago in July!