Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you hit it?

What I personally mean by swelling.. the kind I CANT deal with, is the kind that has me choking or having chest pains on my own saliva.. I wouldnt complain about anyother kind, as I like to be as tight as possible with out risking my band,

Niche, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'd liked to have seen more drastic results - I'm sure most people, who are honest with themselves, feel the same way ( those who haven't had drastic results).

I find it harder to understand the people who seem to have found it easy to change their attitude to food. I mean, we're here because we have a history of bad eating habits. I don't think enough emphasis is put on psychological change before we are given the op.

Best wishes, Rachel.

I reached my sweet spot after about 7 mths or so I think. I have had 9 fills and 9.6mls in a VG band. My band is fickle day to day, but most days I am eating smallish type meals and can eat most foods. I am on reflux meds so I really dont want to go any tighter so will try to work with what I have. I generally find that after a few months and some weight lost that I lose restriction also, but hasnt done it after this one ...touch wood :)

Well, I had a fill Tuesday and at 1.75, I cannot eat the way I could before the fill. I have trouble eating even fish (horrible pbs last night. *shiver*). I'm going to give it 2 weeks, and see how it is but like Nykee, I might be swelled still. If I am, let the swelling continue lol.

My calories are down from 1400 a day to right around 1000 a day with the fill, and even then I barely hit 1000 Wednesday and only hit 800 last night (After an hour of pb-ing, I gave up dinner).

Here's hoping this is it for now :)

yeah.. after my perfect fill, I couldnt eat anything solid for 3 weeks... and after that solids to me was sherbert and cheeetos.....then after about 6 weeks, it was fish flakes that seemed to go down the best..

Good luck, just try try try, not to let your self PB..

My rule (but I guess my only rule) is not to let it happen and do far it hasnt. I am so scared with all the erosions and slips to irritate it at all.

I cant wait for my fill next week, I just HOPE HOPE HOPE it is a good one and one I need so bad to start losing again.

yeah.. after my perfect fill, I couldnt eat anything solid for 3 weeks... and after that solids to me was sherbert and cheeetos.....then after about 6 weeks, it was fish flakes that seemed to go down the best..

Good luck, just try try try, not to let your self PB..

My rule (but I guess my only rule) is not to let it happen and do far it hasnt. I am so scared with all the erosions and slips to irritate it at all.

Yea. I tried fish again last night, but at the first sign of discomfort I stopped and went back to instant potatoes :/ I'm fine with that, actually, as since the fill I've dropped 4 pounds. I know I gotta get back on normal food soon, but til then, I'm back on Protein shakes and bars (chewing them into MUSH), and going to leave the solid food alone for a few more days.

I still have no idea what the "sweet spot" is. I'm not losing, but I'm special :)... I would like to be just a smidgen tighter, like maybe .1cc, but it could be because my sense of proportions is probably out of whack. I can almost eat a "normal" portion of food, so I freak out and think I'm eating WAY too much.

I might be at a sweet spot now, because I am very satisfied with the amount of food I'm eating, and I know it is much less than what a "normal" person eats, that is, I eat around 1200 calories, and I'm satified with it.

i really need to see how many calories i am eating

the thing about fitday is it never has the foods i eat

i've had my band for 3 years and the process has been slow..stop..slow for a while now. i finally have hit my sweet spot at 2.1. at first i paniced and almost drove myself back to dr's office twice (2 hour drive) but took anxiety pill and chilled it out. i think it was swelling and anxiety at finally not being able to eat as much as i had in the past. i mourn loss of large quantities of foods sometimes. i can't believe how much of a stress/boredom eater i was/am. i can't eat any solids before 11 am and stop at 7 pm to avoid nightime coughing, possible acid reflux. i drink lots of Water and eat mostly salad with chicken/seafood and a small dinner.

so far i'm very happy at this restriction level. at one time (pre 2.1) fill often considered getting as tight a fill as possible but thank God I was wasnt' that dumb because i can honestly say that is no way to live.

ana

dr kuri 1/25/03

242/190/150

I did a quickie on fitday and got an approximation of 2400 calories..

and almost 300 carbs.. gawd

I need a fill.. is what I say,.

But really, I need to eat right..

I been drinking alot of chocolate milk and candy.. whenever I can.

STUPID.. I am soooooo lazy, I wont even have Soup as often as I can...

Whatever.. I will get this fill and then see.. i sure need to shape up.

I PLAn on making a huge batch of potatoe free (low carb) chicken Soup with onion, celery and carrots..and chicken stock.

I will freeze some broth only bags... some NON chicken mush bags and some regular soup with the chicken.

INSTEAD of tomatoe tomatoe tomatoe soup.. I will have the broth..

Instead of KFC mashed potatoes and gravy, I will have the mush

AND instead of my nighttime snacking, I will (TRY TRY TRY) to fill up on the hearty and Filling LOW fat, LOW carb chicken stew..

I am not one to care about variety.. or quantity... so, whatever.

The other things I will have on hand is low sugar sherbert (my favorite)

and lite grape juice and skim milk (both of whitch i am addicted to)

asn throw away the giant nesquick I bought at costco a couple months ago.

I lost 30 pounds in two months with a good fill and I am so ready to do that again.. but be alittle healthier about it..

my first fill was 2.2 ccs in a 4cc band. I don't feel restriction. I can't wait to feel the fullness some of you are writing about