Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't gotten my lap band yet, but I'm planning to sometime in June. Because I know it's right around the corner, I have been eating like a crazy person!! I swear I have a bottomless pit, which brought me to need lap band in the first place, but I also eat tons of fast food and all kinds of other awful, yet very tasty, foods.:) I know this is so bad of me...I need to be preparing myself to cut way back, but instead I'm eating even more because I know I won't be able to later. Also, I've actually GAINED weight because I know during the liquid diet I will lose it all and with the lap band I will lose even more so it's like I'm having a major binge...that's never ending!! I am screwed up in the head!! Did anyone else go through this before you got your lap band or am I the only one who's jacked up???

OMG-I did the same thing! It was crazy eating-I bought 2 little pints of Ben and Jerry's and had them gone in no time! I eat so much that when it was time to do the preop diet I was actually looking forward to flushing out my system. For me I think part of it was nerves and the other part just reckless abandonment!! I can wait until I no longer feel comfortable eating extreme amounts of food!! I definitely have a lot of respect for the people who have had this surgery-it's a lot of work and sacrifice...but it will be worth it!

I think it's normal because you know what's coming ;)

I'm glad I'm not totally alone. But I am going to have to change some things before I bust out of my clothes! :) I'm so ready for my band!

My surgeon had said that she would not do the surgery if I gained more than five pounds between the orientation meeting and my surgery date. Be sure yours doesnt have the same guideline!

No, you are not alone. Three days ago I decided I need to get real with myself. I need to learn how to manage my life NOW. My banding date is June 17, but I rationalized that I need to get started on this journey now instead of "later." Why? Because as you and I both know, with us, "later" never comes. That's why we are in this boat. I decided to forgive myself for past and move forward. I am working on eating like I will eat when I get banded. Maybe this will work for you. Good luck and start now.

I think they call it "last supper syndrome" lol. I totally did this in February and my surgery is May 31 so you see how long I went. I gained 15 lbs in the process. It gets better I promise but you can't think about never eating (name of favorite junk food goes here) start thinking about it like next time I have it I will only be able to have this much of it. You will make it!

I started this process in October, 2010 with the 6 month supervised vists, etc. You know what, in some ways it has been a long, long binge! You can't lose too much or you may not qualify. It really endorsed the old binge today attitude and behavior. Not particularly a good experience in this regard. Can't wait to move on.............

my nutrition couselor told me about a male patient (she didn't specify whether he was planning a band or gastric bypass) who gained 30 POUNDS between the first surgeon consult and surgery. He claimed he went on a "goodbye tour" of all his favorite eating stomping grounds - Golden Corrale (huge buffet) being his favorite and a frequent goodbye spot during this period. I have caught myself eating much more liberally than usual although I wouldn't call it an out and out binge. That is scary about the surgeon not doing the surgery if the patient gained more than 5 lbs between consult and surgery - but it's a GREAT deterrant to keep on track before surgery. My packet is being submitted for insuranc approval tomorrow - WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!! =)

I also justify eating whatever I want because my BMI is 33(it use to be 36 a couple years ago) and it can't get below 30 or I won't be able to get the lap band. (Although I could still stand to lose 20 pounds and still qualify) But instead it has kinda become a license to eat whatever I want. Livingmydream, you are so right! I need to start changing my ways NOW! Plus, I think my husband looses some respect when I'm talking about getting lap band and how skinny I'm going to get while I'm stuffing my face with a cheeseburger and fries!!! i can't blame him, it is pretty crazy! Thanks for everybody's words of wisdom! I KNOW what I have to do, now i just need to DO IT!!!