Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

<br />Got banded yesterday! surgery pain is not so bad the worst pain comes from gas. my shoulder is swollen and really hurts alot. The incisions do not hurt so badly, i feel the most pain where the port is located. I am only able to have 3 or 4 ounces of Clear Liquids at once so hopefully i will start losing some weight soon. Congrats to all those who are getting banded in june ang best of luck.<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Hi I'm exactly the same, i got banded on the 25th, a little bit sore but the gas is worse!.Pains in my shoulder and under my rib cage, everything else healing well. I feel as if my port is rubbing of my ribs, but nurse said its normal so im calm about it. Finding it hard to get food(liquids) into me, like actually wanting to eat!!! WTF its like, is this really me or did they change me for an alien in theatre????? I'd normally eat the hand off ye!!!

Anyway good luck to all thats getting banded, its not anywhere as bad as you think, the worse thing i found was the youghurt and milk pre op diet!!!

Well done to all thats come through it and best of luck with the rest of our soon to be skinny lives xxxxxx

I'm in the hospital right now, had my surgery yesterday. I'm in a lot of pain...a lot of gas pain like others have said. They didn't do my surgery for the band laproscopic so I think my incision pain is pretty bad. Overall I'm doing alright though. I had my swallow test this morning and I get some liquids later. YAY. Yesterday after surgery was only ice.

<br /><br /><br />

Hi I'm exactly the same, i got banded on the 25th, a little bit sore but the gas is worse!.Pains in my shoulder and under my rib cage, everything else healing well. I feel as if my port is rubbing of my ribs, but nurse said its normal so im calm about it. Finding it hard to get food(liquids) into me, like actually wanting to eat!!! WTF its like, is this really me or did they change me for an alien in theatre????? I'd normally eat the hand off ye!!!

Anyway good luck to all thats getting banded, its not anywhere as bad as you think, the worse thing i found was the youghurt and milk pre op diet!!!

Well done to all thats come through it and best of luck with the rest of our soon to be skinny lives xxxxxx

Got infomration on June 13th, banded on June 23rd.

Get to start mushy food tomorrow yeaaaa

Banded yesterday! Can't believe I am actually banded! Insane. I, like you, am shocked that an ounce of Water makes me feel "full". All ice chips yesterday, and so far only 1oz of water every 15 minutes. And even that I couldn't do right away, because I had to swallow about 2oz. for the swallow test and it left me pretty full. I just got my first "real" meal - a little beef broth, jell-O and an ounce of cranberry juice. So far the beef broth has been good, and I don't seem to be having any issues.

It is interesting to be so in touch with what's going on inside - feeling the water sit there when I've had a little much, or feeling my port site - which is REALLY sore and easily the hardest part of my recovery so far. My gas has been expelling so I'm grateful that I haven't had too many issues with gas pain. I got to read the surgical report, which was a lot of physician medical speak, but I did figure out they put a "large AP band" on me, and that he filled it w/ 2oz of saline so far. Glad he gave me a little fill. :) My first real fill will be August 1.

Very excited to be on this journey! The support system here at the hospital has been fantastic. I'm rooming w/ a gastric bypass patient so it's been nice to have someone to talk with about our issues, pains, etc. :)

YAY! :)

Hi

I was banded on 17th of June 2011.

I was banded June 27th and I love love the band so far! I can only hope my appetite continues to be so depressed! Ha Ii lost 11 lbs pre op and 5lbs post op.Happy happy!

weight.png

[/]

It's July now, and I wanted to give an update. In five days is my one month bandiversary. I am serious; this is the best decision I have ever made. I think part of what has helped me is that the only expectations I am placing are on myself to work with the band, and not on the band to help me. (Hope that makes sense). My weightloss had slowed down this week from 2 pounds a day (water weight), to about 5 pounds over the whole week. I am running 2.5 miles a day instead of walking now, and doing yoga for an hour and a half; plus I've been a ton more social and wanting to go hang out with my friends more often.

I am sure that I'll come to some roadblocks and have some challenges at some point, I imagine everyone does; I'm trying to be realistic... but at this point, it's all good; and I'm LOVING it. I can't wait to go for my 6 week follow up soon.

One really great thing that I want to share is that my partner Greg was very worried about the surgery and thought I would get an infection or would throw up all the time, or that something bad would happen, he was upset that I would look different, etc; but now he LOVES it, and he's really happy about the health that I'm achieving. He's even started exercising in the morning with me (He's got about 40 to lose himself). I'm just thrilled.

I sincerely hope that everyone else is doing well. Congratulations to all of you for giving yourself the gift of health. ♥

Oh, and my next short term goal is a BMI in the 30s. I haven't been there in a LONG time.

I was banded June 27th and I love love the band so far! I can only hope my appetite continues to be so depressed! Ha Ii lost 11 lbs pre op and 5lbs post op.Happy happy!

weight.png

[/]

HELLO APPETITE !!!! It has returned as predicted one week out! Here's where things will get real interesting !

smiley-eatdrink051.gif

Oh, and my next short term goal is a BMI in the 30s. I haven't been there in a LONG time.

That is. my first short term goal as well .

smiley-char026.gif

I FEEL LIKE MY PORT IS RUBBING TOO!

Ugh- Your nurse says its normal?

Mine doc has been off since Thursday :(

I'm in the hospital right now, had my surgery yesterday. I'm in a lot of pain...a lot of gas pain like others have said. They didn't do my surgery for the band laproscopic so I think my incision pain is pretty bad. Overall I'm doing alright though. I had my swallow test this morning and I get some liquids later. YAY. Yesterday after surgery was only ice.

I was also banded on June 20th. How are you doing?

I will be banded June 20. We're both June banders!!!

Would love to keep us with your progress! :)

How exciting for you~ And your weight loss in 1 month is outstanding! Congrats - I am right behind you Banded JUne 8th

weight loss

It's July now, and I wanted to give an update. In five days is my one month bandiversary. I am serious; this is the best decision I have ever made. I think part of what has helped me is that the only expectations I am placing are on myself to work with the band, and not on the band to help me. (Hope that makes sense). My weightloss had slowed down this week from 2 pounds a day (water weight), to about 5 pounds over the whole week. I am running 2.5 miles a day instead of walking now, and doing yoga for an hour and a half; plus I've been a ton more social and wanting to go hang out with my friends more often.

I am sure that I'll come to some roadblocks and have some challenges at some point, I imagine everyone does; I'm trying to be realistic... but at this point, it's all good; and I'm LOVING it. I can't wait to go for my 6 week follow up soon.

One really great thing that I want to share is that my partner Greg was very worried about the surgery and thought I would get an infection or would throw up all the time, or that something bad would happen, he was upset that I would look different, etc; but now he LOVES it, and he's really happy about the health that I'm achieving. He's even started exercising in the morning with me (He's got about 40 to lose himself). I'm just thrilled.

I sincerely hope that everyone else is doing well. Congratulations to all of you for giving yourself the gift of health. ♥

Congrat.ations Roziecakes on your amazing persistence and healthy new life!

smiley-eatdrink004.gif