Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!!! I ate too much, 3 weeks banded and was doing great!

I don't know what came over me. 3 weeks banded today. Lost 26lbs so far. Feeling restricted and pretty good so far. Ordered pizza for the kids and their friends tonight. Had not eaten dinner so heated up my first piece. Wend down fine, no crust. 1/2 hour later, heated up the second piece in a pan so nice and crispy. Went down fine, no reprocussions yet. What is wrong with me other than will power. Why was I able to get this down when feeling otherwise restricted from other foods?? Feeling so guilty!! Did anyone else do this?

The first day I could eat mushies I ate 6 little cups of apple sauce and thing of yogurt. Before would you have stopped at at two pieces? Don't beat yourself up too much. You said you hadn't eaten dinner andj I think that's maybe where you could change something in the future. Before the pizza arrives make sure you eat you 3 to 4oz of lean Protein, then when the pizza gets there you wont be so tempted. Keep in mind that the band won't make the right decisions for you. You have to do that. At the beginning it can be hard to tell head hunger (or the little food addict in you head) from physical hunger. Head hunger is what we need to resist. All that said, we all slip. If you beat yourself up about it you can get discouraged and give up. Like Scarlet Ohara said, Tomorrow is a new day.

thank you for your reply!! will def do that next time and not wait. just was not feeling hungry before the pizze came but will be sure to fill up before tempting foods come in to play. Pizze being my biggest downfall!

The first day I could eat mushies I ate 6 little cups of apple sauce and thing of yogurt. Before would you have stopped at at two pieces? Don't beat yourself up too much. You said you hadn't eaten dinner andj I think that's maybe where you could change something in the future. Before the pizza arrives make sure you eat you 3 to 4oz of lean Protein, then when the pizza gets there you wont be so tempted. Keep in mind that the band won't make the right decisions for you. You have to do that. At the beginning it can be hard to tell head hunger (or the little food addict in you head) from physical hunger. Head hunger is what we need to resist. All that said, we all slip. If you beat yourself up about it you can get discouraged and give up. Like Scarlet Ohara said, Tomorrow is a new day.

I havent even had my operation yet & I feel better. I need to keep you around. :)

Don't beat yourself over it too much! Today I had some sausage egg mcmuffin from McDonalds and I have been kicking myself for it all day. And to make matters worse, my stomach is reminding me of my screw up....I haven't been able to eat much at all since Breakfast at 9am today and I'm sad

that I didn't control my temptation to not have some... We all go through it honey and I am so glad that you were able to reach out to us and not be ashamed. I'm sure some will judge us for this, but just gotta pick ourselves up and continue.

I typically dont have a problem with pizza, try to stick to just 1 piece but it doesn't always happen. We all have those days, can't beat ourselves up over it, just do better the next day. Unfortunately Pizza is one of those temptations that will probably never go away. Unfortunately the good for you foods, like chicken, are the ones that usually get stuck.

What you said, 'I am so so glad that you were able to reach out to us and not be ashamed". Such a lovely thing to say. And so important to remember and be able to do. You're right, we've all been/will be there, and we all know what it feels like to be judged. Always, the only thing to do is to keep on trying.

Don't beat yourself over it too much! Today I had some sausage egg mcmuffin from McDonalds and I have been kicking myself for it all day. And to make matters worse, my stomach is reminding me of my screw up....I haven't been able to eat much at all since breakfast at 9am today and I'm sad

that I didn't control my temptation to not have some... We all go through it honey and I am so glad that you were able to reach out to us and not be ashamed. I'm sure some will judge us for this, but just gotta pick ourselves up and continue.

I don't know what came over me. 3 weeks banded today. Lost 26lbs so far. Feeling restricted and pretty good so far. Ordered pizza for the kids and their friends tonight. Had not eaten dinner so heated up my first piece. Wend down fine, no crust. 1/2 hour later, heated up the second piece in a pan so nice and crispy. Went down fine, no reprocussions yet. What is wrong with me other than will power. Why was I able to get this down when feeling otherwise restricted from other foods?? Feeling so guilty!! Did anyone else do this?

I happen to have a different view. if you didn't have "will power" you could not have lost 26 lbs so far. I think we all have MORE than average will power. It just cant overcome some times the physical addiction we have. Same addiction that druggies and alcoholics have. The only thing wrong with you is you have to recognize your addiction! and learn to manage it. I am still trying and failing on a regular basis but you cant let it defeat you. tomorrow starts out perfect with a clean slate. You can do it!

"Bad" food goes down so easy. That's why so many of us cheat every once in a while. Don't beat yourself up! Today is a new day. I hope you enjoyed the pizza!

I think if none of us ever ate anything we enjoyed again, we'd all go insane.

I had another thought, what about the pizza do like best? The cheese? The pepperoni? Whatever it is why not incorporate that in your diet more? Then you will feel less deprived and you can skip the calories of the rest of the slice. I really like BBQ sandwiches, so I get the meat by itself and skip all the sides. On pizza I like the crisp pepperoni, so I could get some on the way home and put that I. A pan for myself. I am craving antipasti today.

They always say junk food will go down, and it does. Tomorrow is a new day. Just try to stay away from the things that you crave. I know that's hard, but it's true.

I'm amazed that you could eat 3 peaces ! Just wondering if you need a fill.

On my best day I couldn't do that.... So,,,, It's got me thinking...:rolleyes:

Hope it was good.

Shirley.

Thank you, Bug! This is a place we seek refuge during our times of need. We are already around those who either don't understand how our lifestyles are and those who simply are nasty about us bandsters. We gotta stick together :)