Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all I just got banded on 4/8/11 and i am 5 weeks post op have NOT had a fill yet i have lost 18lbs gained like 4 back since eating real food again I am very discouraged which makes me eat bad ... I have not lost any weight since surgery that was all from my liquid diet. I also feel like i can eat way more then the 5oz of food they want you to eat now i wish i didnt even do this surgery im excercising and eating pretty healthy .. ugh Help !!!!!!!!!!!!!

DONT GIVE UP YOU CAN DONT IT! Its not a over night fix . Give it time you have to adjust to it and learn how it will benifit you. YOU CAN DONT IT! By the way im Shonda7911

Don't quit. Just keep it up. Keep busy, plan your meals, exercise. Remember u didn't get over weight in 5 weeks so don't get so discourage and do the best u can. You have invested a lot of time and money into this, you can make it work. Give it all you've got.

hi to everyone,

hope you doing well n so the OTHERS,im pearl 85,i do had the same problem i had the surgery on 17 march n not a pound have lost thro gained weight hope everything will be fine has the time goes i had resurgery i had this band in 2007 n lost from 119 kg to 72 kg but after my pregnancy i gain almost the same 117kg n wen i started to infated i lost 9 kg after few month i had leek in my band so again i gain wieght to 114kg and had a new band hope to get back to the normal routine ....bit worried n depress y m i not losing weight or feeling band tight i had 6cc fill on saturday i had a appoinment with doctor hope for the best for the check up ...mean time u all takecare

any one from dubai...

regards

pearl

I was banded last monday. I was feeling really good restriction until yesterday. I am managing to only take in about 1000 calories per day but it's hard, especially now that I don't feel full as quickly as I did a few days ago. I'm supposed to be on full liquids this week but I have been cheating and eating soft foods, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing, as long as my calorie intake is not too high. I get really encouraged by speaking with others who are on this journey.. get a Facebook page and join all the support groups you can find! I found a band buddy and we share recipes, and stories about how we are feeling. They say the people that have the most support are the most successful. I haven't told many people in my real life, but I am getting advice daily from people all over the world!

Hang in there! choose the right foods, avoid too much cardio exercise for a while try more resistance training. Weight loss doesn't happen instantly.

I couldn't agree with 4anewme more. I am just starting this journey. My surgery is scheduled for May 16th. At first I kept thinking that I would have the surgery and magically drop weight; however, the more I thought about it and talked to different people, I realized that I didn't gain all of this weight overnight and it would be unrealistic to think I could lose it overnight. With that being said, hang in there. Every day will not be a bed of roses but with determination and consistency, you can and will reach your goal. Good luck!

My husband and I are trying to do this together. I only have the sleep Dr. left, and 4 more classes. I'm diabetic and have anxiety attacks. I have a defiant streak with diet- as soon as I think about it I eat. I really want to do this,but I think about never having bread, pizza, cake, or even a soda discourages me. My husband like to drink beer so thats his issue. I was just wondering if anyone else feels like I do? I need encouragement.

I am a bit on the sad side to on the no bread and cake thing too. But there are so many things that we can have still just in moderation. I am determind to do this and do it right .

I am in the journey from consult to approval. I have completed the supervised weightloss, the Phys Eval, the Nutritanist, now my PCP is wanting me to have a sleep study, which I am not looking forward to. After the sleep study is done, and I will have to wait for insurance approval. During this time, I have been trying to cut out caffine and COKE. I dont think I will miss any one food, but I will miss my morning COCA COLA....any suggestions?

Ty all for the encouraging words I need it I am gonna stick with orbit I read so many good things prior to surg. Now that I've had it I'm finding more and more people that have lost some to no weight ? That just frustrates me I know it won't fall off over night but a pound here and there would be nice :) ok nice to meet all of u getting use to this site also how do I fine peps on Facebook cuz I'm on there way more thank you