Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi all I was banded on April 22nd and have had a very hard time lately trying to stay active. All I want to do is sleep because I feel weak. I take my Multivitamins and Calcium supplements daily. I was wondering if this is normal or has anyone experienced this? Not to mention I've been non stop cycling since the day of surgery which was odd because I had my TOM a week before surgery. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

My 4th day out I rode for about 8mi. So you might be ok there but just to play it safe remember it is ok to rest bcz you are

healing . Energy , yeah I do have my sluggish days but to help I drink lipovitan. Very good Vitamin drink. Been around since the 80s no sugars, no carbonation, no crash. no caffeine, drink it in the morning or else you.might not sleep. Look it up good luck...

Get back to me if you decide to try it.

Hi all I was banded on April 22nd and have had a very hard time lately trying to stay active. All I want to do is sleep because I feel weak. I take my multivitamins and Calcium supplements daily. I was wondering if this is normal or has anyone experienced this? Not to mention I've been non stop cycling since the day of surgery which was odd because I had my TOM a week before surgery. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MAKE SUR YOU ARE TAKING YOUR Vitamins OF COURSE BUT MAKE SURE YOU ARE GETTING ENOUGH Protein....iF YOUR NOT TAKING supplements YOU PROBABLY CAN'T EAT ENOUGH TO GET ALL THE Protein YOU NEED! TROPICAL smoothie CAFE MADE THIS WEIGHT LOSS PROCESS EASY TO STAY HEALTHY!!!

Hi all I was banded on April 22nd and have had a very hard time lately trying to stay active. All I want to do is sleep because I feel weak. I take my multivitamins and Calcium supplements daily. I was wondering if this is normal or has anyone experienced this? Not to mention I've been non stop cycling since the day of surgery which was odd because I had my TOM a week before surgery. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I was banded on April 20. My energy level is good. The first 6-7 days I was week but after that I felt better each day. I think you may be week from being on your period so long. Contact your DR ASAP!!!

My whole life, my periods were so regular I could set my watch to them! About a year after my lap band, it was practically non stop for almost 6 months. I discussed it with my primary and we decided to try endrometrial ablation. It's a very simple outpatient procedure where they burn the walls of the uterus. I don't know whether the problem was related to the weight loss or not. I was 49 but blood work showed I had NOT entered menopause. Within 2 weeks the bleeding completely stopped and I haven't had a period since (almost 2 years). Besides my lap band it was the best thing I ever did for myself, medically. I don't know how old you are or your plans for the future but this procedure also ends the possibility of pregnancy so it may not be right for you.

As for the weakness and depression, that's not normal. Make sure you're getting your Vitamins and Protein and talk to your doctor about it. As the weight comes off, you will find your energy level going through the roof!

Good luck.

Thank you all for your advice! I had a follow up appt. with my nutritionist and advised of her my weakness and constant bleeding so they ordered a CBC anemia lab and gave me some Iron pills to take in the meantime so hopefully that helps. She also recommended taking a B-complex and possibly having a D&C per the surgeon. On another note I'm excited to finally get to eat soft/solid foods. Thanks again for all your support as my journey continues.

i had serious issues with low energy and needing to take a nap every day for about 3 or 4 weeks after surgery. i asked my dr and he wasn't sure why since i was eating right and taking supplements and my blood tests were good. but ask your dr. i have heard that it happens to some people. my energy level normalized though and i feel great now.

Wow I just posted a similiar thing except my period is ok. I thought something was wrong with me because I had been sleeping so much. So maybe I'm ok if others have similiar symptoms.