Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm on day 2 of being banded. Yesterday was gas pains from the surgery. Today my port site is hurtin so bad! I guess that's the tissue wrapping/scarring around it? I can't get up from a chair without looking stupid because it hurts so bad lol, I have to turn funny ways to get up! Can't bend over for nothing...Did you guys have port pain and if so how long does it last?

So I'm on day 2 of being banded. Yesterday was gas pains from the surgery. Today my port site is hurtin so bad! I guess that's the tissue wrapping/scarring around it? I can't get up from a chair without looking stupid because it hurts so bad lol, I have to turn funny ways to get up! Can't bend over for nothing...Did you guys have port pain and if so how long does it last?

Yes....I had the same problems and pains. I was banded on Dec. 29, 2010. Believe, this pain will subside over time. Just be patient....your body just went thru some huge changes. Keep your chin up and think positive. You will get over this, and be successful in your weight loss.

Takes a while. I'm oh... 10 days post op? Something like that and my port still hurts when I bend over or stretch a weird way. Or poke it.

I was banded on April 14th and still feel a little sore. At first I couldn't even get up without someone pulling me up. I couldn't even lay down in the bed because I just could move anywhere, I was sleeping on the couch because I could roll off the bed lol. It does get a little better and less sore everyday. Now I am moving around in my normal ways, but it still hurts to laugh, cough, sneeze, etc. It is sore, not sure when it will stop but it is MUCH better than before!

I was banded April 5th and last night my port was sore! It isn't every day anymore but just random days (and not all day).

I'm glad it's going to eventually going away! Thanks for everyone's input:)

I'm glad it's going to eventually going away! Thanks for everyone's input:)

Thanks great topic! I am on day 3 and it still hurts quite a bit!!

From what I have heard and read. Port pain is the last to go! It does get better and better with each passing day. My experience was that it took 4 months for the tenderness to go completely away. It doesn't bother me now at all now that I am 8 months out. Hang in there...it really does get better!

My surgery was yesterday also.......same exact experience. Yesterday was horrific with the gas pains and the port pain is quite bad also. I need help getting out of bed or a chair. Every once in a while today I will get strange pains, then pass gas and will feel better. liquids are going down good as well as my medicines. Shaky today, how about you?

Kelly

Yes....I had the same problems and pains. I was banded on Dec. 29, 2010. Believe, this pain will subside over time. Just be patient....your body just went thru some huge changes. Keep your chin up and think positive. You will get over this, and be successful in your weight loss.

Kelly I'm very shaky too! I'm trying to get all my fluids in...I just figured I was shaky because I haven't ate in a few days. I'm really hoping the port pain goes soon!

Kelly I'm very shaky too! I'm trying to get all my fluids in...I just figured I was shaky because I haven't ate in a few days. I'm really hoping the port pain goes soon!

Finally...I'm guessing that's your port. That's where mine is.

Finally...I'm guessing that's your port. That's where mine is.

You're ports are under your rib, on the left side. Mine is. I have 3 tiny incisions and my port is the larger one