Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

band slippage "Im scared "

I was told by dr today that my band needs to reajusted before it slip off hhe took all the Fluid out and i have to wait 1 mth until he see me again has anyone had a slippage or reajustment done?

I am going through the same thing, I had a small slip and my doctor took all the Fluid out of my band. I had to wait to weeks to see if it moved back into place. When I went back in 2 weeks all looked fine so he added some fluid. I had to go back a week later to check the band again, this time the band had moved again and he stated that I would need to have surgery to correct it. So now I'm just waiting on the insurance company to approve the surgery.

IF IT ISNT APPROVED THEN WHAT HAPPENS?

I am going through the same thing, I had a small slip and my doctor took all the Fluid out of my band. I had to wait to weeks to see if it moved back into place. When I went back in 2 weeks all looked fine so he added some fluid. I had to go back a week later to check the band again, this time the band had moved again and he stated that I would need to have surgery to correct it. So now I'm just waiting on the insurance company to approve the surgery.

When I got banded (4 years ago) my surgeon said he folded a flap of my stomach around my band and sutured it to hold the band in place and prevent slippage. Did anyone else have that done?

Are there symptoms and/or pain involved with slippage?

Honestly I haven't really thought about it not getting approved, just waiting on my doctor's office to schedule my surgery date. I've switched insurance companies since I had my original surgery, and my new insurance does cover it.

As far as any signs, I really didn't have any pain, I didn't even know that I had slipped till my doctor showed me on the xray. I do recall being able to eat more than usual so I made an appointment to get a fill. He said that it was a small slip and wanted to correct it so I wouldn't have any problems in the future. I was able to see my before and after x-rays and you can tell that it is not in the same positon.

So now my band is pretty much empty and I am working out like crazy so that I don't gain to much weight.