Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Michael Feiz - Very Dissapointed

I had my surgery done with Dr Feiz in May 2010 at his Encino Office. I never really went to check out any other Dr but him. I was referred to him from Family so I just trusted them and went to him. Because I wasn't too overweight to get qualified by Insurance I had to pay cash. So after the seminar I went to within one week I had my surgery and paid CASH for it as well. It's been almost a year and I've lost 40 pounds. Very happy for that I can say. Since my surgery I've had adjustments done by Larry his Assistant which I Love going to because he is very caring for his patients unlike the Dr himself which I've seen once after my surgery to this date. A month after my surgery I referred a cousin of mine to have surgery with him and she had it as well with Dr Feiz.

About a month ago a few weeks after my last adjustment I woke up on a Sunday morning feeling very nauseas and vomitting uncontrollably!!! Had severe shortness of breath and major pain in my throat from vomitting. I decided to call Dr Feizs office since I didn't have his direct cell number. I left a message with the after hours operator telling her what's wrong with me and within 5 minutes he called me back and advised me to go to my nearest ER which was Tarzana Hospital. He then gave me his cell phone numb and told me to have the Dr in the ER to give him a call when I am there. So I go to the ER vomitting the whole way there and as soon as they see me they took me straight in and hooked me up to an EKG to check if I wasn't in the midst of a heart attack. It wad so bad because I couldn't breathe well. I was fine from that end so they gave me xrays to chk my lapband was ok and it looked fine but I was still very sick. I got hooked up to IV and the ER DR said that I might just need to re adjust my lap band and open it a bit so he said to call my Surgeon. He called Dr Feizs cell and he did not answer!!! He and I kept calling and his cell phone was completely OFF!!!! I kept all the logs of how many times k kept calling and he didn't answer! So I called the after hours and left another message for him and he still did not call back me nor the ER DR. So the ER DR at Tarzana prescribed me a prescription to help me with my nausea and vomitting which really did not help much. After 6 Hours in the ER that basically did NOT get me nowhere but a HUGE bill from Blue Shield I go home. First thing in the morning I call his Beverly Hills Office and explain what happened and the lady advised me to come to his office by 10 am. At 9 45 am I was a few min to his office when I call again because I forgot the building number . Another lady answers and says to me that the Dr will not be in today!!!!!! I was in tremendous amt of pain and all she said was if I'm in that much pain I should go to the ER!!!! R u kidding me???!!!!!

At that moment I call the Dr directly on his cell and he finally answered!!! I told him who I was and why he never answered me or the ER Doctors calls the day before and he denied us calling...remind u guys that I had saved all the logs of the numerous calls I made to him without him picking up!!! He then said he was in a meeting and advised me to come in at 1 pm that day or go to Cedars ER!!!! I was so upset!!! I drove home about 30 min drive dying of pain take a short nap get up at 12 15 to leave again when I get a call from his office that Dr can't come till 3 30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 2 small kids to pick up and couldn't wait till then .... Was still nauseas and vomitting I told her so they advised me to go to his Assistant Larry at the Pasadena office and had told them to take me as the first Patient right at 2! So I had a 40 min drive to that office and when I get there I wait 35 min in waiting room and I see they took another patient before me!!!!!!!!! I was soooooo angry I called BH told them and they had to advise this office to take me in!!! Horrible!! Very bad staff!! Nobody knew what was going on!!! As soon as I go in Larry made me feel so good and relaxed!! Did my re adjustment for me!! Took less than 5 min after over 24 hr in excruciating pain!!!

What kind of Doctor advises their patient to go to the ER and then fails to answer their calls and on top of that the Dr doesn't even follow up with that patient to see what happened????? If u know ur patient is going to the ER wouldn't u in ur right mind call ur patient and see how they r doing??? If he was a caring Doctor he would but not Dr. Feiz. I will never recommend this Dr in the future. U need a Dr who cares for his patient and will always b there for u..he's certainly not the one I can say.

Oh Wow! That is horrible! I wonder why the ER Physician didn't take some out since your Dr. wouldn't answer the phone? I couldn't imagine going all night like that! I would have made somebody get it out of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you handled it well because I would have been acting up in his office the next day lol! :o

Oh my goodness. what a nightmare. I am so sorry this happened to you. I am also wondering why the ER doc did not take any Fluid out of you. :( Hope you're doing better now.

Hey guys ... I'm doing better now thank God!!!! But the reason the ER DR didn't take some Fluid out himself was because he never had experience in it and at that Tarzana Hospital they don't have any Bariatric Surgeons... That's why.....I can't stand going to that Office now...

Hey guys ... I'm doing better now thank God!!!! But the reason the ER DR didn't take some Fluid out himself was because he never had experience in it and at that Tarzana Hospital they don't have any Bariatric Surgeons... That's why.....I can't stand going to that Office now...

Isn't that the worst feeling in the world, when you have to go to an office that you don't want to go to? I have the same feeling with my family doctor sometimes, not necessarily her but her secretary whom you never know if she is going to say hi back to you on any given day - so uncomfortable. The clinic that I went to for my band surgery i met the doctor for about 2 minutes and he had absolutely no bedside manner - i felt disappointed and this was minutes before going in for surgery. i have never seen him since and have only met 1 nice fill nurse there whom luckily i've had for fills the last few times. This certainly is a money making don't give a hoot about the patients business. I am still glad i have my band - the doctor who did the operation has a good reputation but i don't care if i never see him again.

I feel the exact same!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad I have my band but honestly I can care less to see Dr. Feiz anymore . This is truly only a money making business that's all!!! He got 15k cash from me .....was 5 hours late to surgery...only saw him 30 min before my surgery and that's all. Just glad to be skinny and feeling much better!!!!!! Just hope I never have to go thru something like that ever again!!!! Worst experience ever!

I learned my lesson to choose my Doctors wisely next time.

I would document every thing and contact the county medical association. This is abuse and malpractice.