Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you get your powdered protein to dissolve?

Hello folks, Can you please tell me what you've had to do to get your powdered Proteins to dissolve? I can't stand the lumps now and I'm not banded....getting banded and having lumps YUCK won't work for me. I need an easy solution that I can use at work for my Breakfast and lunches without making a mess. Has anyone used that mixer thing called a bullet? The fork method doesn't work for me lol

Sherry - I use a blender for mine. A little skim milk, then add the powder, mix, then add a little ice and a teen bit of artificial sweetener and mix again. Also I found that 1 1/2 scoops works better than two for me - cuts down the Protein, but at least allows me to get it down. Plus - thank goodness, after surgery the other day I bought 2 more jugs of the shake stuff. The last one I got was called Myocel - just about made me throw out. The new stuff they gave me this time is called ReclaimRX. Calories = 195, Fat =7, Protein = 21. I find this MUCH better! I haven't tried the vanilla yet, but the Divine Double chocolate is really not bad - almost like a milkshake! I can't imagine trying to mix with a fork - ugh - try the blender - or a wand would work, too! Good luck with the upcoming surgery!

Unjury protein! Itdoesn't taste too bad, and I can use an egg whipper if I don't feel like a smoothie from the blender! My trick for actually somewhat enjoying the shake is adding sugar-free chocolate Syrup "stuff". They have it at Walmart, and it only has like 15 calories for a serving! It is well worth the calories for me!

I have just recently added benefiber unflavored to my shake "concoction". I was not getting much Fiber in my diet. The powder dissolves completely & is tasteless!!

Invest in a personal blender, some sugar-free chocolate syrup, and enjoy!!!

Good Luck!

~cheri

Hey, Girl

I have a stick immersion hand blender from Braun. I use a tall plastic cup from like 7-11 and add Water + powder and whisk. Rinse the blender and throw it in the drawer. My Mom bought me this one 20 years ago and I recently found a back up one at a thrift store for $3.00 (I did the happy dance). If you use a typical kitchen blender you will be washing it alot... and I for one hate washing things. Were we any help? :rofl:

I have one of those stick blender things..ummm somewhere heh heh. I moved last march and still haven't unpack everything. Thanks all for the advice. Surgery is 2/13 so I'm trying Protein Shakes now. Any brands in particular that don't have an aftertaste that people like? I have one by ProtiDiet thats a liquid concentrate so no mixing problems there but, I need something with substance to hit. These are like drinking Water.< /p>

Thanks very much for everyones input :rofl: Now if you can lead me in the direction of flavorful ones I'll be in great shape with this.

Hugs to all

OK,

I'm gonna teach ya how to make a shake... says the girl who fasted for 7 months(years ago).

You must learn to dr up these packaged things. The program I was on was called HMR and you can still buy it. I get my cup, fill with 6oz of Water, empty the envelope and blend. I add 1/4 cup of half & half or I used to use cream when doing low carb and enjoy. My favorite flavor is vanilla and at night I would blend add a teaspoon of SF vanilla pudding mix and put it in a latte mug, microwave and sprinkle nutmeg for eggnog. If you are a chocolate fan just use Carnation Instant Breakfast add Whey powder to buffer in some Protein, half & half and you're good to go! Da Vinci makes coffee syrups in thousands of flavors and you need to try at least one(sugar free) to get your varities going. I have stuff like hazelnut, kaluha, raspberry and coconut just stashed in my cupboard and I buy them for a discount at... get this "Ross dress for less" and "Marshalls" in the gourmet cooking aisle. Whey powder comes in Vanilla & chocolate and Walmart carries. Taste is personal but recipes are endless. food for thought -- hope this helps :rofl:

Ohhh these recipes sound good. Certainly sounds like the peanutbutter and the sf/ff pudding mixes will help take the edge off some of the odd tastes of the Protein Drinks. Definately need to try these. Thanks folks! I truly appreciate your help.

I got the best electric shake maker thingy from Walmart for $13.88 (by Hamilton Beach.) It's got measuring lines and a sippy-cup cap. The cup goes right on the base, so you make your shake, pull it off the base, stick in a straw and take it on the road.

I could never hand-blend a shake. Any blender, Magic Bullet, etc. will do, and I've tried them all. But this little Hamilton Beach guy is the best, easiest, takes up little counter space, tiny little thing that's awesome!

Hey Sherry, I got the magic bullet for cmas, I did not think I would use it much, because it is like every other kitchen toy I have, must have and don't use much, (except my George Foreman, I use every other night. lol) but I use the bullet every morning to make my shakes. The possibility are endless, when making shakes. I like fruit in mine. You can take almost any smoothie recipe and add your powder to it as long as it is vanilla or a fruit.Good luck

I have one of the Magic Bullets and absolutely love it. You mix right in the cup you drink out of so there is nothing to wash but the cup. It is fast and works great, definitley worth the initial cost. It was also handy for pureeing Soups. I got mine off eBay, but you can pick one up at Walmart for about $40. I spent $20 on one of the hand blenders and it wont fit into any of my glasses or coffee cups because the mixing end is larger than a standard glass. Someone mentioned the Unjury protien drinks, IMO they are the best ones out there. They only have 80 calories, 0 carbs, and a nice whopping 20 g protien. They make an unflavored one that can be mixed with Crystal Light or even stirred into soups. The DaVinci syrups are also excellent, I like to add some sugar-free Hazelnut or Amaretto to the canned drinks and it really makes them taste good.

Strawberries, ice, powder in a blender (the magic bullet is very good to imo)

I've read all the suggestions. I'll try some of them. My dietician said I only have 2 more weeks of Protein Shakes, but I absolutely abhor them.I have the Walmart chocolate and vanilla. I've never mixed anything in with them other than milk. I have left them off for 3 days now. Boost, instant breakfast, etc. have too many carbs. I don't go back to the dietician until 1/27. I know I need the Protein. Don't want to buy anything more since I am now so close to being done witrh them, but I can see that there might be occasions in the future where I need them. Is Peanut Butter about the best to mix with chocolate?