Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Okay people, let's make a cookbook!!

Tasty Green Tea Protein shake

1 cup Tazo Matcha Green Tea (liquid)

1 cup 1% organic milk

1 cup ice

1 cup Water

2 scoops vanilla whey Isolate

1 shot Starbucks Melon Syrup

Throw it all in a blender until smooth.

This gives you around 350 calories, is very soothing, and tastes as close as I can get it to a Starbucks Green Tea Frappucinno. The volume is enough that you can carry it with you all day, and get at least 1/2 of your day's required Water.< /p>

Enjoy!!

This is one of my favorite low carb meals! If you're a bandster that can't do steak, just eat the chicken part. YUMMMY!!:hungry:

COBB SALAD-HOLD THE salad

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

2 tablespoons grill seasoning blend (recommended: Montreal Steak Seasoning by McCormick)

2 tablespoons hot sauce, eyeball it

4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it

4 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus some for drizzling

2 pounds flank steak

8 pieces "thin cut" chicken breast cutlets

2 slightly under ripe Hass avocados – dark skinned, but still firm

2 vine ripe tomatoes cut into wedges

8 strips bacon, thick sliced

1 lemon, zest and juiced

Salt and pepper

1/3 pound blue cheese, crumbled (recommended Maytag Blue)

Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill to high heat.

Mix garlic, steak seasoning, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Whisk in the extra-virgin olive oil. Divide the mixture between 2 shallow dishes. Add the flank steak to one and the thin chicken cutlets to the other. Toss to coat all of the meats thoroughly and marinate for 5 minutes.

While the flank steak and chicken are marinating, cut the avocados in half lengthwise cutting around the pit. Separate the halves then, using a spoon, scoop out the pit, then use the spoon to scoop the avocado from its skin. Chop the avocado flesh into bite size pieces add to a mixing bowl. Add the tomatoes, watercress and crisp chopped bacon. Dress the salad with the juice of 1 lemon and a generous drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill flank steak 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Grill the thin cut chicken cutlets 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Remove both meats from the grill to a cutting board to rest for about 5 minutes. Thinly slice the flank steak on an angle, cutting the meat against the grain. Cut the chicken into thin strips. Add both meats to a platter or dinner plates. Top the meats with a mound of the salad. To make the dressing, combine in a small bowl the lemon zest and juice, salt, pepper, crumbled blue cheese, whisk in 3 tablespoons olive oil. Pour the dressing over the salad. Eat and enjoy the lack of lettuce getting in your way!

So easy, healthy, and delicious!:clap2:

chicken TACO Soup

5-6 boneless frozen chicken breasts

2 cups diced onions

2 (15 1/2-ounce) cans pinto Beans

1 (15 1/2-ounce) can pink kidney Beans

1 (15 1/4-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes

1 (14 1/2-ounce) can tomatoes with chiles

2 (4 1/2-ounce) cans diced green chiles

1 (1 1/4-ounce) package taco seasoning mix

1 (1-ounce) package ranch salad dressing mix

Corn chips, for serving

Low fat Sour cream, for garnish

Low Fat Grated cheddar cheese, for garnish

Chopped green onions, for garnish

Dump all ingredients into a large slow cooker or a stockpot. Cook in a slow cooker on low for 6 to 8 hours or simmer over low heat for about 2 hours in a pot on the stove. Just before serving, remove cooked chicken breasts, and shred into bite sized-but hearty pieces. Then add back into Soup. To serve, place a few corn chips in each bowl and ladle soup over them. Top with sour cream, cheese, & green onions.

YUMMY!!!!:wow2:

I've actually been working on something like this with my own recipes.. but if you need help on actually making the book let me know (katie@griffonco.com) Maybe I can just convert my personal work in progress to the LBT book since its already started hehe im also including a lot of info related to eating and the band since i was plannign to give this to a couple girls in my support meetings. But basically will have stages, broken up to what stage your on from pre-surgery to years post op.

I have made several cookbooks for family / friends that I've printed and bound with table of contents, pictures etc. I can even help with pricing. Laminating is VERY expensive, so i stopped doing that awhile ago... plus several of the books we did revisions about every year or so adding new recipes etc so they just got a new copy! My dad used to be a head chef and he had me make a book that was about 250 pages catagorized etc.

anyways if you need help let me know.. i have all the software needed to make any type of professional looking designs (I'm a professional graphic designer btw) and if we set it up right we could very well make it a website out of it.. (professional web designer too) I actually also have a ton of ideas

I've got a binding machine and can generally get the materials fairly cheap. Depending on the size of the book prices vary but the large book that i did for my dad came out about 20 bucks each (including ink, full of pictures, front back covers and the binding) but we didnt make very many of them (just for family) so obviously the more you do , the cheaper it will be. im also able to work out deals with print shops to get cheaper stuff like copies and cutting etc

Anyways.. lemme know if you need help perhaps we could set something up to where we sell the books at cost, or perhaps slightly over and we give away prizes from the proceeds with contests nstuff (did i mention i know alot about marketing?) haha so yea email me if your looking for some help

hows the cookbook going? im excited for it to actually happen! its a great idea please keep me posted!

low fat turkey chilli:

&1/2 lbs. 90% lean (or leaner) Ground Beef, browned and drained (if you really want to cut fat, use turkey burger)

1 large onion, coarsely chopped

3/4 cup diced green peppers

28 oz. canned diced or stewed tomatoes (your preference)

16 oz. no-salt added Tomato sauce or puree

2 16 oz. can kidney Beans, drained

1/2 tsp. garlic powder or 2 garlic cloves, crushed (or equivalent minced garlic)

1 cup Water

2 Tbsp. mild chili powder

1 - 2 tsp. cumin (to you taste preference)

1 tsp. dried basil

1 tsp. seasoned salt or table salt

1/2 tsp black pepper

Low-fat grated cheddar cheese (topping)

Fat-Free Sour Cream (topping)

PREPARATION:

Ideal slow cooker: 5 quart or larger

Brown meat in skillet, add onion and green pepper halfway through browing process, Drain, pour into crock pot

Combine all other ingredients in slow cooker/crock pot (except cheese and sour cream toppings)

Cook on low 8 - 10 hours, or high 5-6 hours

Serve in bowls with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream (if desired) with a side salad.

Nutritional Value: Calories, approx. 265 per serving, Total Fat: 6 g, Carbohydrates: 17 g, Dietary Fiber: 4 g, Sugars 8 g, Protein: 18g.

someone posted it the other day on the site and its AWESOME!!!!!

Nykee, those Spinach balls are making me cry. I'm so hungry.

On a topic way off LBT low cal food, can anyone PM me the name of an old granny cookbook, the kind with really fattening fudge and goodies? I have the Betty Crocker and Pillsbury books, but hubby doesn't like the recipes. He wants old fashioned goodies with extra goop and too much butter.

Well then make some! lol

They arent so bad.. in fat and calories. the balls are bigger than a meatball..

I dont cook, so I cant help you on the old fashion goodies

Mom's Yummy Salmon

The best way to do this is to have a fish griller. I don't know what they are really called, but it's a metal wire thing that you put the fish in, so that it doesn't fall apart all over your grill and get lost.

Use salmon filets. Spray the griller with Pam, or something nonstick (or else it's going to be really obnoxious to clean the thing). Place the salmon on the griller skinside up. Squeeze some lemon on it (all of the spices are to taste, there's no amounts), put some chopped garlic on it, salt, pepper, and some cajun spice. Spread some mayo over it (not a whole lot, but it locks everything in and keeps the moist. I've NEVER had a problem with mom's salmon post band). Close the fish griller and flip it over, open it and do the same thing to the other side of the fish.

If you do this over plastic wrap, after you get the fish already, you can just put plastic wrap over the griller and shove the whole thing in the fridge and it'll be all ready for you when you are ready to cook. Mom usually does this the night before so that everything can mesh together.

Over warm coals (not super hot), grill the fish about 5 or 10 minutes on each side (a little longer if you used more filets and had to jam them in together). When you poke the salmon with a fork and turn it a little, it should be flakey when it's done.

I have zero nutritional information on this recipe, but the biggest things are the salmon and the mayo, and the mayo is going to be the most calorie dense thing. You CAN do this recipe without it, but the fish will be dryer, and you will lose some of the flavor. You only need enough to just coat the outside of the fish. And even if you don't like mayo, it really cooks off the fish while you are grilling it, so you wont taste it.

Protein shake - Peanut Butter

1 scoop whey Protein Powder (vanilla or chocolate)

1 cup Skim Milk

5-6 Ice Cubes

1 TBSP Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)

1 tsp cocoa powder

1 tsp instant coffee

1 tsp vanilla

1 pkt Splenda

Mix in Blender 30-45 seconds or until smooth.

SMOOTHIE:

Omit peanut butter , coffee and cocoa and add 1/2 cup fresh or frozen fruit. Can also substitute 6 oz fat-free yogurt for milk and use vanilla whey Protein Powder instead of chocolate. Makes two 10 oz. servings. :clap2:

Here is a quick and easy favorite at home.

-4 chicken breast boneless, skinless

-1 jar of your favorite spagettie sauce. (there are some very good low fat ones out there.)

-1/2 cup of grated parmasan cheese

-1/2 cup shredded motzerella

Put chicken breast into a pyrex (or any glass dish baking pan). In a seprate bowl mix parmasan cheese with spagettie sauce. Pour mixture over chicken. Bake at 275º for about 30 min. Sprinkle motzerella cheese over baked chicken and volá all done.

*there is usually enough sauce left in the pan that can be spooned over Pasta. We usually serve this with a nice italian salad (kinda like they serve at olive garden)

Bom apetite! (Portuguese not Italian!)

Rootbeer Float 1 scoop of vanilla Protein powder(Designer whey) 1/4 cup semi- frozen skim plus milk 3/4 cup skim plus milk 1 1/2 teaspoon rootbeer extract more or less to your taste. Add everything in a blender blend .

Great idea Teresa, sorry I'm so late.

Hummous Recipe - Very low fat and low calorie

Ingredients:

2 14oz cans of Garbanzo Beans or Chick Peas

2 tbs. tahini or sesame paste

1 garlic clove (minced)

5 tsp. of lemon or lime juice (I prefer lime)

1 large red pepper (chopped)

Directions:

Place all ingredients in blender and mix well. Makes a blender full, enough hummous for all! Eat with veggies, or low fat wheat crackers. If you like garlic, this recipe is for you !! Hummous keeps in fridge for 1 week. Enjoy !

Here is my chicken recipe:

Make some Breaded Chicken Cultlets:

I use

Egg, Progresso Italian bread Crumbs, Italian cheese, salt, pepper

Lightly fry in some oil, or Bake on Cookie Sheet you dont have to fully cook cutlets.

Layer Cutlets in Pyrex dish

Cover with ripe Plum Tomatoes or a Can of whole Plum Tomatoes (drain juice)

Add fresh Basil leaves to top of tomatoes

Add Fresh Mozzarella cheese or low fat cheese that melts

Bake at 325 until hot (tomatoes will be juicy and cheeses is all melted)

Enjoy!!