Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am having my surgery on April 5th and I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and nervous. I am 100% positive I want this, actually I need this. Not only for me but for my children. I have a very supportive husband and family. Even some of my friends I assumed would be against it are on board with me. But I cannot help feeling like this change is too much. There are so many things that have to change, and I am so afraid that I am some how going to mess this up. Or maybe it wont work. I have spent years trying to get this weight off. I have become a pro at losing weight but have never been able to keep it off for long. I am terrified the cycle will continue. I cant go on being heavy like this. I lost my mother to weight issues and diabetes. I refuse to do that to my children. They are my life.

You sound like you are positive about your decision, you are just having nerves. So read some success stories. Imagine what your life will be like a year from now. Try to remember how excited you were when you first started out. It'll be here and done before you know it and even though there may be some hard parts (bandster hell!) you know it will be worth it. Just follow the rules and you'll do great. Congratulations on being almost there!

I am having my surgery on April 5th and I am starting to feel very overwhelmed and nervous. I am 100% positive I want this, actually I need this. Not only for me but for my children. I have a very supportive husband and family. Even some of my friends I assumed would be against it are on board with me. But I cannot help feeling like this change is too much. There are so many things that have to change, and I am so afraid that I am some how going to mess this up. Or maybe it wont work. I have spent years trying to get this weight off. I have become a pro at losing weight but have never been able to keep it off for long. I am terrified the cycle will continue. I cant go on being heavy like this. I lost my mother to weight issues and diabetes. I refuse to do that to my children. They are my life.

Mine is scheduled for the 6th of April. I'm nervous, not scared even though this will be the first time I have ever had surgery. Everyone throughout the entire process up to now have been very encouraging and tell me that I am an excellent candidate for success with this procedure. I am staying encouraged by reading some of the positive stories. And I tell myself that short term discomfort will be well worth it in the long term.

We can do this together :)

You will do fine trust me !

It's not that complicated of a surgery.

You will be glad that you have a new life to start.

Enjoy it.

Shirley.

I get my band on the 11th. YAY! I have been feeling all of the emotions that you described. I have found myself spending hours online reading everything. I then feel so much anxiety that I can hardly stand it. I recommend thay you go to youtube and search lap band. There are a lot of success stories on there. People have tracked their whole process on their. Between these 2 sites, I have found so much useful information and the anxiety has lessened, a little.

Good luck! We'll do great!

Look for skymoon1982 or bandedwendy on youtube. They have been such a help to me! Ive watched all their videos and they have amazing stories!! They give so much information and really tell it how it is, the good the bad and the ugly! Im sure they will help you as much as they have helped me! Good luck and remember surgery day is the first day of the rest of your life! Enjoy it with your family

I agree, I think it is nerves that is eating at me and making me worry so much. I am usually not so negative. I have spent months reading and researching. All the success stories is what ultimately made me decide this was the right choice for me versus the Gastric Bypass. Thanks for the encouragement, made me feel better. :)

You sound like you are positive about your decision, you are just having nerves. So read some success stories. Imagine what your life will be like a year from now. Try to remember how excited you were when you first started out. It'll be here and done before you know it and even though there may be some hard parts (bandster hell!) you know it will be worth it. Just follow the rules and you'll do great. Congratulations on being almost there!

Thanks everyone for all the support. I am feeling much better this evening about it. Still nervous but not so much about failure. Every time I look at my kids I think about what life with them will be like when I am healthier. I am ready to get this new chapter in my life started so I can spend the rest of my LONG life enjoying my family. Again thanks everyone!! :)

It is totally normal to have emotions/worries/fears about surgery. Yes, a band is a huge change but it is FOR THE BETTER! I was pretty teary the morning of my surgery. The nurses/anesthesiologist/surgeon were all very kind and understanding. It was over before I knew it. I think on the second or third day, I woke up feeling so upset that I had to have surgery to lose weight. However, four months and 54 pounds later - I am so glad I have done this. Sure, I have a couple of scars but I'm wearing American Eagle jeans again - size 16 no less and am not even half way to my goal. I guess my point is - there are so many people relying on you to have a healthy, happy life. Think of this surgery as a way to get there. You can do this - you will be ok - and you sound like you have made a thoughful and informed decision. Trust yourself. Above all, be gentle with yourself. It's ok to feel nervous.

Please keep us posted when you get home from surgery and let us know how it went.

I am having my lap band on the 5th also. I am having similar feelings, so nervous today. My main worry is the swallowing of all my medicines, what will I do.? However, I have no intention of not going through with it, just kinda scared.

Your Doc might switch some to liquids, and you can invest in a Pill Crusher, Pill Splitter, and Pill Carrier Combo.

They are on ebay, and they are priced fair. You just have to look threw them for the best price.

Also my husbands is round. Every section is round, and it is stack able. So you can get all you need in One package Deal. They have them on ebay also.

Just take your Meds to your Surgeon, and he will decide what you will do. They do this all the time.

Shirley.

First off good luck to all of you getting banded this week!! How exciting.

I remember how I felt the day before my surgery and I was NERVOUS as hell. I am going to be banded 3 weeks tomorrow and honestly I haven't regretted it one day so far! It definitely sounds like you are doing this for all the right reasons and it's just nerves that you're feeling. When I walked into the operating room the morning of my surgery I'm not going to lie, I was going make a run for it but I didn't and I'm glad I didn't.

Just like some previous posters said, read some success stories, check out youtube videos and think about how different your life is going to a year from now. Again good luck!!!