Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Everyone!! I have lost right at 60 pounds (I was 202 this morning so onderland is coming!!!) But do you ever still feel like you are huge??? I just was looking in the mirror this morning and I still feel like I am the person i was when i started this journey. Don't get me wrong, I am excited over my weight loss! I started out a size 22 and now I am in a 14 but I still feel like i have this big belly <_<..... Just curious if it was just me or if anyone else feels like this at times...

Definitely, I feel the same way at times.. I also started in a 22, and now am in a 12/14... I have not seen a size 12 since high school! But, yet still look in the mirror sometimes, and feel like I have accomplished nothing... It is definitely all mental. It is just a process to work through.

I feel that way all the time when I look in the mirror. I started out at a tight 26, and I'm down to a size 16 pant/14 dress, and I feel huge all the time. My belly seems like it is the same size. It really is vey frustrating. And it is very much a head thing. Because I have also looked in the mirror wearing certain clothes, and thought," wow I actually look kind of skinny."

It takes time for the mind to catch up to the body. The psychologist involved with my lapband office told me 2 things to do. One is to take a picture once a month. I do it in my bathing suit and it really helps me see my body changing. Also, save one set of "fat clothes". You should get rid of the rest because you'll never need them again. Hope this helps.

Oh yeah, for sure. At the moment, my BMI is 19, I'm skinny as, but I dont see it. Its partly due to a surgery and chemo, and my oncologist and surgeon have both expressed concern over my weight and advised me to gain a few pounds and my band is unfilled. That freaks me out, the thought of deliberately gaining weight. Anyway, today I am up to 132lb, having put on 2lb over the past week - I am defnitely having a fat day. I'm mentally planning all the ways i can cut back, how I can fit in more exercise in my already tough exercise schedule, there's no difference in the fit of what I'm wearing, but I'm freaked over 2lb. Its seriously insane - I have always thought I had no eating issues but I realise I really need to work on this. My figure has its faults, like anyone's and it has some flab and those faults bother me, I also cant seem to stop trying and plannign to lose more weight (never manage it though, there's no more left to lose!). What do I think will happen when I'm seriously underweight- that my life will change? Dont get me wrong, I'm in control of this, its not serious stuff that i would act on - but there's still PLENTY of headwork to do when the weight is gone. Accepting yourself and letting go of your overweight person/always on a diet mentality is not easy.

I'm wearing 2s, down from 20s and I definitely still feel fat. It's crazy and definitely a mind game.

I am 20ish lbs from goal and I still feel fat. Actually I had more "I feel skinny" days when I was 40 lbs from goal then I do now.

Now I look at myself and think I look fat but then I have to remind myself that those really tiny jeans I never thought I could fit into ever again are now too big so that means I am small.

It is hard to overcome that and feel thin. Good luck!

I am so glad I found this thread as I was just sitting here thinking the same thing. My issue is the clothing sizes not going down like I think they should. I've lost 80 lbs. and have gone from a 28 to a 22. It seems like I should be in a smaller size than that at an 80 lb. weight loss. Ugh!

Yep I have the same problem. I am wearing some 4s and some 6s in jeans, but I still feel huge. I don't like how I look in the mirror, and everyone says how good I look. I don't see it. Even my doctor told me I was looking skinny, and that it wouldn't hurt to gain some weight. I was like did he just say that. LOL.

I just had this conversation with my husband on Saturday, we were at the mall sitting on a bench, I looked down and all I could see is my stomach roll. He told me I was nuts, that I look great. Just about everyone I know tell me I look good. I have gone from 20/22 to 12/14 total of 70lbs so far, still have about 30 more for my goal. I know it is in my mind, but it is so hard to let go.

Same here. I just posted about how yesterday I was feeling short and fat -- I'm 5'8"! I started this journey in a size 26 pants and I am now a size 14. I was going to wear a dress to work this morning but when I looked in the mirror all I could see was this "short, fat" person. So I am wearing pants today -- all black -- I still feel short and fat. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Some days are better than others, and I know it is all in my mind so ....

~fran

My mother told me yesteraday that I looked to thin, but all I see is the same fat girl in the mirror. It is a mind game, but how do you overcome it. I still fill fat. I still look fat to me. I want to lose 30 more pounds, but I am scared to tell anyone, because they think I am fine as I am.

Thank goodness I am not alone!!! I am currently at 202 so I would still like to lose 60 pounds. I am now a size 14 but i still feel huge..> Sometimes even bigger than when i started surgery. Part of my problem is my boyfriend (of over 2 years) has ALWAYS dated VERY VERY small girls.... He was with me when i was at my biggest (260) but in my mind i cant help but think "why do you want to date the fat girl" and i always think about trying to get to the sizes of his past girlfriends.... I dont know how to make this feeling go away!!!! He will say "you look very skinny today!" and in my mind i'm thinking "probably not as skinny as you would like" It drives me insane!!! I wonder once I loose this last 60 if I will still feel this way!? I sure hope not!!!!

I have people calling me skinny all the time yet when I look in the mirror(naked) I see my stomach and it still looks huge. I have skinny legs, a flat bum, reasonable boobs but my stomach is still a mound and there seems to be very little definition at my waist. I have been told by my Dr not to lose any more weight although I think a few more kgs wouldn't hurt.

So no I don't think I will ever be perfectly happy with my body but I am now at the stage where I can accept that it is GOOD ENOUGH. Especially when I see other people my age or close - I definitely look a lot better than most of them.

True, true, I forget I'm 43. I compare myself to women in their 20's and 30's all the time, that's the age I feel. When I truly look at my contemporaries, my dear girlfriends whom I've had for years, I can truly appreciate that I am looking sensational for a woman in her mid 40's and apart from the minor detail of having had cancer, I am in amazing physical shape fitness wise, I can outperform women half my age easily. At a glance, I do look 10 years younger than most of my friends. So on the one hand, I *can* see it, and on the other I cant.

Someone said in another thread their goal was to be able to maintain within an 8 pound range. I have NO tolerance for gaining at all, my alarm bells ring at 2lb gained and I cut right back until its gone.