Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I find it difficult to compare my weight loss with any other March bandsters and know that I should not even try.

For example: On the day of surgery I weighed 217 pds. I now weigh 202pds. My weight loss since being banded is 15 pds. I agree any weight loss prior to the lapband is a great achievement. However, I do not count that in my lapband weight loss, since it was weight loss I achieved, without the aid of the band.

Anyhow, it's all good as long as it's weight being lost, just gets confusing to me. :)

Lauren, try some hot tea/coffee/water in the mornings to see if that helps loosen you

Mel, congrats on the -15!!

I agree, ANY weight loss is super! If I look at my WL since band I'm around -20. Since the first month isn't even supposed to count, and I can't recall much loss there, I think 15-20 is right on track :)

Every pound I've lost I've lost since banding. I see the point but I'm just happy for anyone losing ANYTHING. A positive something is better than a negative nothing is my policy. So proud of everyone no matter how much or little they've lost it's a struggle we are in together. So proud of EVERYONE!

Tim

I find it difficult to compare my weight loss with any other March bandsters and know that I should not even try.

For example: On the day of surgery I weighed 217 pds. I now weigh 202pds. My weight loss since being banded is 15 pds. I agree any weight loss prior to the lapband is a great achievement. However, I do not count that in my lapband weight loss, since it was weight loss I achieved, without the aid of the band.

Anyhow, it's all good as long as it's weight being lost, just gets confusing to me. :)

Do you all have any summer activity goals (speaking of Tim's 5K goal)? These may seem kinda dumb, but here's mine:

hang as much laundry out as I can....goot to ge tme off the couch and decrease our power bill. (hubby just made and installed a line for me)

hiking with the kids when we go camping, vs sitting in my usualy camp chair eating.

just spend time outside...gardening, etc.

walk the dogs

Thanks everyone for the support. I definitely need to set some summer goals. I want to get out more and not stay in the house watching tv during my days off. I want to find various social events in the area to participate in. I will take some pictures of how I look now and put them on my profile.

I know what you mean! I am in the same boat and last month my band slipped so now I have to start all over again with liquid in my band. I can go from 184 to 172 in 1 day . Im still hungry and really try to stick to my plan and when I do I weigh 172 that day ....the days I go off I go back up to 184. Very frustrating......I feel like I dont even have a band in....but I guess thats because Im not at my sweet spot. HAve you gotten a fill yet?

I know what you mean! I am in the same boat and last month my band slipped so now I have to start all over again with liquid in my band. I can go from 184 to 172 in 1 day . Im still hungry and really try to stick to my plan and when I do I weigh 172 that day ....the days I go off I go back up to 184. Very frustrating......I feel like I dont even have a band in....but I guess thats because Im not at my sweet spot. HAve you gotten a fill yet?

I have had two small fills and have another post op appointment scheduled on July 11th. I stay hungry eating the recommended portion size(s). I have not been stuck or had any sliming episodes and hope not to! I guess I am in bandster hell and certainly not in my green zone. Since being banded I am eating smaller portions than I did pre-band, however the nutritionist recommended portion size is not keeping me full. I am biking or walking several times each week and considering purchasing an elliptical machine. We just have to keep on keeping on! LOL

Hopefully, no-one thought I was being critical in my earlier post, just stating my experience so far and trying to figure out how everyone is setting their ticker weight. I am thrilled for anyone's weight loss.

I am going in for my 3rd fill on Monday, but I am not looking forward to a day of liquids. I am hoping that my doctor is much more agressive this time around. I only have 2.6cc in my band since I have been losing preety steadily, but in the past month I have only lost around 8 lbs.

On the positive side it is giving my body a chance to catch up with the loss. I am very releived that my skin seems to me shrinking nicely. Also, the couple days after the fill serve as a nice reality check time for food since you have to progress slowly back to solids.

I would have to say that this has been such a positive experience overall. I nolonger have to take any diabetes meds, I feel health for once and I feel great about myself. I am going broke replaceing my whole wordrobe each month, but if that is the only downside then this is all worthwhile.

Oh MarcyLoo I am so sorry about your kitties. I agree with tntmom it wouldn't have mattered how much you weigh they are just so small. I've now lost 57 lbs all but about 12 of that after banding. I feel great and off all my meds. My dad bought me a bike when I lost 50lbs and I am up to 7 miles at a time. I also have a dog and walk her. Last night we walked 4 miles. I want to get up to 10 miles on my bike. People sometimes don't recognize me now especially people I haven't seen since the surgery. I wish I had done this years ago. I've only had one fill, 5ccs in a 10cc band. I don't get hungry any more very often. Overall I am very happy.

I took a few pictures of the improved me yestarday while at my brothers. The lighting was not cooperating so they are somewhat bright. I put them in a gallery on my profile if anyone is interested. I weighed in today and am down 109 lbs!

weight.png

feeling a little defeated lately. I thought it would come off a little faster but I seem to be at a stand still. I have 9cc's but still seem to be able to eat about 10oz . I even take 20 minutes to eat and Im still hungry. I haven't had any carbonated drinks since pre-op and Im not over eating so I dont think I've stretched my stomach. I go July 3 rd for another fill so I hope this next one does the trick. Just having a poopy day hoping tomorrow is better. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and hard work !

it is not you. I am in the same exact boat. I am not sure how many cc's I have but I dont think I have enough restriction. I am down 35 lbs. I keep flucuating between 250 and 255. I am hoping my next fill on June 30th helps. My starting weight was 285. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

feeling a little defeated lately. I thought it would come off a little faster but I seem to be at a stand still. I have 9cc's but still seem to be able to eat about 10oz . I even take 20 minutes to eat and Im still hungry. I haven't had any carbonated drinks since pre-op and Im not over eating so I dont think I've stretched my stomach. I go July 3 rd for another fill so I hope this next one does the trick. Just having a poopy day hoping tomorrow is better. Congrats to everyone on their weight loss and hard work !

it is not you. I am in the same exact boat. I am not sure how many cc's I have but I dont think I have enough restriction. I am down 35 lbs. I keep flucuating between 250 and 255. I am hoping my next fill on June 30th helps. My starting weight was 285. Just wanted you to know you are not alone.

Thanks Starimagine...It's comforting to know I'm not alone. Godd luck on your next fill hope it helps you..fingers crossed...lol! Oh they told me my band is the larger one it hold 14 cc's and they never go to that number. So I have 9 now I'm getting close to 14 .