Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all! Anyone up for sharing recipies yet? I've discovered roasted veggies and OH WOW....yummm. (I never ever thought one of my favorite foods would turn into VEGGIES!!!) I'm even getting ready to plant a vegetable garden. :D

My 2nd fill seems to also be a good place for me right now, keeping me full for 4-6 hours.

hope you are all doing great!

;);) I've been doing terrible! I weigh the same thing I did a month ago. Surgery was march 7th, quickly lost 20-25 pounds and no more. Even after my first fill. The 3 weeks since has made no difference. I am so mad at myself because I am eating good foods but apparently too many calories to go below the original loss. I feel like I have been here so long this is my fat self :-( and I will not lose weight! I called the doctor after a week of the fill and they told me to go ahead and wait for May 12th to come back.

Once I saw I had no problem swallowing anything I admit I ditched the Soups and mushies and eat regular food. It has been stressful because of an elderly mother in law having to move into a nursing home but then I always have an excuse to eat. This is why I chose to have lap band because I admit if I could eat less by will power I would have done it years ago.

My Breakfast is usually egg omelet with cheese in it and 2 thin strips of bacon. lunch is a sandwich (which I can eat a whole sandwich) supper is veggies and chicken breast or cheesburger patty. snack during the day may be a string cheese and an atlkins bar. A treat I have at night is luigi's frozen ice. Now that I write it down it is a lot but still its 1/4 of what I used to eat! Oh and I drink skim milk. I think I just told you all why I am not losing weight! I just have to vent. Confession is good for the soul. :blink:;)

Trying cutting the carbs, you can eat more and lose weight :)

Trying cutting the carbs, you can eat more and lose weight :)

OH GREAT! this is the first day I decided to have whole grain Cereal for breakfast instead of the low carb! I agree, I have been having too many carbs and will try to make the rest of the day Protein. Thanks

weight.png

[/url]

I added a new photo and put a made a ticker for my weight. How do I get it to show up?

Ok I guess I have to copy and paste the html on every post??? That can't be right. I want to make it part of my profile. Plus I can't see my photo.

weight.png

[/url]

Jealous that I must be the last one to get a fill. I go next Friday and when I stepped on the scale this morning haven't lost a thing.

I dont go for my first fill until May 10th! I haven't lost anything in the last week. I can tell that I am getting hungry, eating a lttle more at meals. I think with me it's the fat, not the carbs. I also last night increased my walking - well maybe better said - started my walking more seriously.

Any comments on FitBit? I saw it mentioned somewhere else and was wondering if anyone else thought of it.

I did get "tap & track" for my phone. It keeps count of my Protein intake. It also has a database of grams of fat, carbs, Protein, kcal for foods and restaurant foods. I am hoping this makes me more conscientious of my choices.

Amy

weight.png

[/url]

Just checking in. How are you all doing? I had my 2nd fill last week and feel like I'm in my sweet spot. Going 4-6 hours between meals, not hungry, and am eating way smaller portions.

My surgery was on March 29th, first .5 cc fill on April 12th, no big deal, told the doctor what I had planned for the next couple of weeks and he said fine, just watch what I did and be careful .Went RVing for 4 days, watched what I ate basically soft foods, then took off for another trip with a group of friends for wine tasting in Paso Robles, tasted a few different wines, had some regular food at meal time, ( one cup, took my measuring bowl) and was very careful with the chewing, examples: meat sauce without the Pasta, cheeses, soft part of the enchiladas one evening with a small amount of Beans, very small med rare burger in a lettuce wrap instead of bun. Scrambled eggs for bkfst and of course plenty of Water and Protein drinks when hungry! I haven't gained any weight, have most definately lost inches (clothing becoming baggy !) Go tomorrow for my first real fill, time to start the cycle again...proteins and soft foods. I'm really excited, people have already noticed a big difference in my weight and inches lost. Bought a couple of new tops to get me through the next month or so ! I am hoping the good times keep coming !! I do have times of mood swings but it is a life changing process

:rolleyes:

I don't get a fill until may 11. Up until the last few days it's been easy to stay at around 1000 cal but now I am getting hungry every 2 to3 hours. I really want a fill.

hi....I have been banded on 17th march....56 yrs old..with arthritis...lost 15lbs..but now Im not loosing since 10 days...:huh:getting slightly depressed....

but all say body is getting adjusted....I do want to loose a lot of weight and be active..

Please friends help and guide me..

hi....I have been banded on 17th march....56 yrs old..with arthritis...lost 15lbs..but now Im not loosing since 10 days...:huh:getting slightly depressed....

but all say body is getting adjusted....I do want to loose a lot of weight and be active..

Just checking in with everyone. I was having a good day until I had some running around to do and got overhungry. And then of course the DH has to throw a wrench into dinner, giving the boys a hard time about not getting up to have dinner with us (third night in a row) Zach starts crying-he wants to see his dad and all daddy wants to do is sleep. Do not get me wrong-I have the greatest of sympathy for those working the night shift (did it myself for 22 years) but somehow moms can cope on minimal sleep, do laundry and tend to the kids where as daddy just wants to sleep 10-12 hours a day after work. He did get up but then we headed off to pizza Hut, and in sure aggrevation overate all the stuff that I should not have. I really wish that I could make myself throw up now, but never have been able to do that. I have absolutely no restriction and ate like there was no tomarrow. I am so disgusted with myself. Have been doing so well, and then to fall off the band wagon. Sorry that I am venting on all of you. Not sure if I want to cry or what at this point. Have a great evening everyone.

Have you had your first fill yet? DId you discuss it with doctor at that appt? Walk. I started walking at night and it has helped me - drop weight again but also with feeling better, exercise raises the spirits.