Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Girl, I couldn't do anything but hug the bathroom sink and pray that that thing would come back up!!! It was horrible… I'm never getting stuck again!!! I'm so careful now!!! I'm sorry you had to go through that too!!! smile.gif

Gika, I had mine last weekend. I was so panicky. I was sweating and at home alone. I went online. I walked up and down the step from the landing on my staircase, stomping with my arms raised. Gone within a few steps. I read somewhere that jumping was helpful. I didn't want to jump. (Hurts my girls when I jump).

I am so glad everyone is doing so well! I am scared of getting stuck, so scared!! I am going to do everything to avoid it. Right now i find myself eating a little fast, even though I chew a lot! That is not going to fare well when I have a fill. I am a little tight still from the surgery I guess because stuff hurts sometimes going down even now. I haven't had a fill and I am supposed to go on Wednesday to get one. I'm not sure I need it. I am wondering if my doc is going to do it regardless. I was banded on March 29 and I have lost 30 pounds. I can only eat like 3 ounces of Protein at a time, no more. I get a "soft stop" signal when I burp. Then I know it's time to stop! I haven't felt real hunger yet and I get in anywhere from 600-800 calories a day and at least 80 grams of protein.

I'm also kinda afraid to move forward to ALL foods. Does anyone else have this same kind of fear???

hey all had my fill on the 14th, they only put in 3cc, since i had problems in the beginning as many of you know. it did not feel like there was anything in there...so I went back on the 18th and they gave me another 1.5cc...which made a huge difference. Got on the scale today and have lost 45lbs!!! I am below 250 now, which means I can now go zip lining or horseback riding if so choose to. Had Passover this week and did just fine...and we have Easter today....I will do fine as long as the chocolate does not stay in the house....I think we will donate all of the kids chocolate to the children's unit at a hospital nearby. I go back for my 2nd fill on 5/25. People are really noticing the weight drop off....need to get some new work slacks asap!

awinner-what wonderful news!!! Keep up the good work.

Elizabeth-have you gone and done your shopping yet for your new clothes for when you see Mickey??

Marcy=boy do I know how you feel, took my 86 year old dad shopping to the "Broadway Market" (it is a big thing here in WNY) and he fell, has already had 2 hip replacements, and is legally bling. The DH and the kids were all off this week for Easter break-totally disrupting my routine, the basement flooded with all of the rain that we have had this week aaaughhh

And of course the Easter rabbit had to wake me up at 2am when hiding the baskets (in some ways it will be easier when the boys no longer believe) that Zachary's basket fell over when being hidden and fell behind the dryer, with the large chocolate bunny going down the hole in the floor where the exhaust goes out. Too bad it was really me doing the hiding and I couldn't find a flashlight, or figure out where the hole in the floor comes out in the basement, so had to wake the DH for help. Well needless to say broken bunny in the basket, piece of coffeecake eaten (and boy do I feel like garbage right now) looking like it is going to be a wonderful Easter.

On a good note, even though the scale has not budged much since surg. I tried on a pair of embroidered capri's in a size 16W and they fit!!!!!!

For those celebrating Easter today have a wonderful day, and for those just enjoying another day in bandland give yourself a hug and a pat on the back for taking care of YOU!!!!

I took my zoloft pill on an empty stomach at 5pm...got int he car to drive to work and 10 minutes later wanted to die. It got stuck. I had to pull off the road twice to retch, stopped at Starbucks for a hot coffee and even that hurt to take sips...it's 2:30 am and I'm just now able to take bigger sips and eat soem soft foods. It sucked.

I forgot to mention this as I have not seen it here yet...if food gets stuck, the doctor recommended as well as tons of people in my support group is to get papaya enzymes....they have them as trader joes.

Hi all! I was banded 3/29/11. Can't wait for my first fill! Not sure how much I've lost since then. I feel like I'm struggling with this "head hunger" stuff even though I don't feel hungry myself.

Hey all!

Well, I made it thru Easter dinner. I had about 4-5 ounces of plank-grilled salmon, 1 small serving of potatoes (think scalloped), about 1/4 cup of fresh veggies, and my favorite Jello salad (also bout 1/4 cup) ... and a tiny piece of custard pie without crust. and, I was full. I recall looking at my plate and realizing that the servings were wayyyyy smaller than pre-band, and I didn't do seconds. I hadn;t slept in almost 3 days, so just had about another 1/4 cup of Jello salad and 2 cubes of beef Jerky for dinner. Sucess!

How are you all doing?

I'm scheduled for fill #2 tomorrow but have bene debating going or not. the past couple days I've stayed full longer and hve eaten smaller portions, but I htink it may be hormone related tightness. Is it silly of me to go in and request just a small fill, half a cc or so? Today's portions have still been better, but I'm hungry after 2.5-3 hrs. (and the hormone surge is ending...the joys of ovulation)

I see from your other post that you did end up with another .5cc's of fill. I hope this is going to work for you!

I went for my first post-op yesterday and ended up not getting a fill. I can't eat more than 3-4 ounces of Protein at a sitting so my surgeon decided to forgo it. I lost 30 pounds in 29 days, I'm guessing that I'm doing okay without the fill. I made an appointment for 3 weeks from yesterday as he suggested. I will see if anything changes during that time. He said I have a 14cc APL band and he was surprised that with no fill I was feeling full. That just goes to show you that everyone is different in this journey!

How are you all doing?

I'm scheduled for fill #2 tomorrow but have bene debating going or not. the past couple days I've stayed full longer and hve eaten smaller portions, but I htink it may be hormone related tightness. Is it silly of me to go in and request just a small fill, half a cc or so? Today's portions have still been better, but I'm hungry after 2.5-3 hrs. (and the hormone surge is ending...the joys of ovulation)

wow!!! I think I found my "green" zone, and only with 2 fills..!

now all I have to learn is to stop sooner, I had 3 episodes where I had to through up!!! Not good, but not for being stuck, but you know, that one last bait that puts you over the edge!!!

Any ways, Today I'm a little stomach sick!!, but I'm happy with my restriction, It's helping me learn to work with the band ….biggrin.gif

Hey all!! Hope everyone is doing well. I went for my 6 weeks post op visit yesterday and all is well. I thought I may be getting a fill but I didn't because I told her I was going on vacation in a week and a little nervous about having one done before hand and she agreed. So we scheduled my first fill for May 11th!! I was nervous about getting one then going away simply because I won't be within 15 minutes of my surgeon if something went wrong. I also seen my nutritionist yesterday and she gave me some good tips on still eating healthy in Disney! I'm also hoping that this will be my first vacation that I go on and actually lose weight (lots of walking, lots of sweating AND eating healthy). I have not gone clothes shopping yet but will be going tomorrow and for once I'm actually excited about it. Glad to hear everyone is doing well and some are even onto their 2nd fill, congrats!!! Talk to you all soon!!!

Hi Elizabeth, I get my first fill on the 11th as well. I'm a bit worried about how I'll feel afterward but I'll survive. In the first month I've lost 28 lbs and I'm down to a size 16. I feel great and my blood sugar is wonderful.I am so glad I did this. Last weekend I purged my closet of all the clothes that are too big. I kept wearing them and they looked terrible. I can't wait to see what next month brings.

I'm about there, my favorite jeans are now too big, and I need to donate them our throw them out. Promised my husband I would when I kept all my skinny clothes. After my fill it's much harder to eat, haven't throw up yet but been very uncomfortable. Not sure how my weight is doing, forgot my scale web we moved. ;)

Jealous that I must be the last one to get a fill. I go next Friday and when I stepped on the scale this morning haven't lost a thing. Watching Protein intake and portion size, need to get in more Water though. Have a great weekend all.