Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yeah they're back to their obnoxious selves. :-) Oskar had to sleep with a pair of underpants and folded over toilet paper on his head that night, leg holes tightened with packagint ape, so keep some pressure on it otherwise the swellign was causing the blood drop to not clot. He thought that was pretty cool (the underpants on the head).

Had a tough food day yesterdayw ith snacking and overeating at meals. Have done better today. This is a struggle.

Ok! Now I'm happy… Went to my first fill 4/12 and didn't fell much of a difference so I called them and they said I should go back , cause some of the swelling from surgery was probably down, So yesterday they fill me a little more, and NOW the band is actually working with me!!! I'm REALLY happy, that now I can eat a lot less than before, since yesterday I lost 4 pounds!!! But I'm on liquids so… but I'm very HAPPY!!!!laugh.gif

WTG Gika!

I've stopped losing and can tell I'm ready for another fill. I know the 4 pounds I'm UP re Water weight, so I keep drinking water to flush it out but it's slow going. I'm scheduled for the 27th for my next fill.

We hve our bible study group tonight (potluck) and the main course is baked potatoes, so I think I'll take my own meal. Or at least a main course alternative. I know it's ok to eat one in moderation but it's high carb and I really want to get back to losing.

Hey all! Just checking in. Happy to hear about everyone fills, can't wait to get my first one on Wednesday. Glad to hear your sons are ok Marcy!!

2 weeks from today I'll be in Disney, yay!!!

I'm still kicking too. Looks like we are all doing very well. I'm pretty happy with the process/progress so far. NSV this week, I'm comfortably in size 24 bottoms and 26/28 tops. Down from 28 bottoms and 30/32 tops. I will be honest in saying that these sizes were a little loose, but that's how I preferred my clothes and I definately didn't fit into the 26's! I'm pretty damned excited by this actually :)

As for the flying thing, I have had to wear an extention for years (I travel a lot for work) and look forward to the day when I don't have to ask for one and to be able to sit comfortably in the seat and not have someone upset that they have to sit next to me (which as horrible as it sounds, I can understand. Those damned seats are pretty uncomfortable to begin with, but toss in a large woman beside you who is spiling over into your space and it's just damned unacceptable :( ) and being able to actually sit there and use the drop down table and possibly even my laptop etc.

So anyway! I hope we all continue to do great and keep your chins up guys. We will all have set backs from time to time, but just remember to just take a step back and try again! This is a life long journey that includes a lot of learning and trial and error! No matter how much research or teaching/classes we went through, nothing can or could fully prepare us for what we have embarked on!

Marcy, I was soooo frustrated that 5 days after my first fill I called them, cause I felt almost like they had taken Fluid out!!! I thought they were just gonna tell me to suck it up! But they were really nice and I think they heard my frustration… unsure.gif Now I can say that the band is really working… you know you hear people saying that they lose a huge amount of weight in a very short time with the band and the reality is that not every one is the same, so it was great that I went back because not only I got the extra fill that I wanted I also got to talk you the nurse (she had lap band 16 months ago and lost 52 pounds so far)

and she calmed me down, and really made me understand the process, and thinking positive !!!

So it was great for a number of reasons!!!

I hope you have the same experience as far as the next fill goes!!

Good Luck!

biggrin.gif

Easter just around the corner-made 6 placek and 5 butterlambs today. More to be made tomarrow, and I have absolutely NO interest in eating it at all!!!! I guess some things do change. Have a great evening everyone and a good nights rest.

Well today I started out real bad ...... was unwrapping the bunny to put him in the center of my chocolate cake and the ears broke down.............and so did I.

I ate the whole thing and felt so miserable, I thougt I had eaten 1000 calories.

Went out and bought a new one and this time the wrapper stays on. Somebody else tomorrow night can unwrap it.

We're having an early Easter seeing my kids will be out of town on Sunday.

For the rest of the day I'm happy to say that I've worked with the balance of calories left for me to eat.

Now I have to get through tomorrow night. Wish me luck. I can do this!

Wanna

OK! Just had my first "stuck" moment!!! It was the most scary, painful thing I ever went through !!!

I'm here writing and crying, Had to trow up, It was horrible!… I'm scared to eat know!!! sad.gif

I'm kind in loss of words… Gosh that was BAD!

2:20 am : one of our cats, Buttertime, woke me up wanting out of the bedroom. I get up and notice the hamster is not in her cage and realized I didn;t fully latch her door when I fed her at bedtime. Found her in the boys bathroom cowered behidn the trash can, our other 2 cats just watching her. She was 100% unharmed.

8:50 am : I got home from dropping our 2 oldest boys off at the school bus, to find the bird cage torn fromt he hook in the ceiling and both parakeets got loose.

9:00 am: I went out to the car to grab a recipe for bread, and locke dmy keys in the car.

AAA got my keys out and finally I have both birds back in their cage. That was not easy. Bread is baking. I ate Breakfast way later than I should have so my meals times are off.

Yesterday I managed to strain a muscle in my back really badly and I work tonight. Hoping to catch a nap soon.

To those who Celebrate, happy Good Friday!

I went for my first fill on Wed, but the dr said I had a hematoma beneath my port, and he couldn't get it right, so this first time, (and hopefully the only time) I am going to have to go and have it done at the hospital with the xray thing,,, But I had lost 21 pounds since my surgery. I am getting hungry between meals, but am really trying to ignore it! If I get hungry and it isn't time, I will drink extra Water. The dietician asked me if I could eat more than a cup and a half per meal, and I told her I didn't know,,, the book they gave me said not to, so I make sure I usually only have a cup. My daughter had bypass surgery a couple of years ago, and the weight just fell off her... but I know this is going to take longer,,, but that is fine,,, I have plenty of time! Thanks to everyone that shares out here,,, it is soooo nice to know that I am not going thru this alone...I am about 110 miles from my clinic, so going to a regular support group really isn't possible!

Have a great Easter every one!!!!!

Rosie

Had my first fill yesterday, he had to poke around a little so not very comfortable. He said I had 3 and he would put 3 more but the Water got stuck and he had to take out .5 cc. So far so good, said just to have liquids for lunch, which was fine. nothing stuck so far but feeling fuller faster, which is great. lost 19 lbs since surgery, but I'm sure bring sick for a few weeks helped.

Hi all, as of right now I've lost 40 lbs from my first visit with my doc. So yesterday I treated myself to a hair cut. The people at my church are the best! They have all been so nice. Some of them told me they didn't even recognize me! even my best friend. It's weird, I don't normally get compliments on how I look. I love reading all your posts. Cyber hugs for everyone!

Gika, I had mine last weekend. I was so panicky. I was sweating and at home alone. I went online. I walked up and down the step from the landing on my staircase, stomping with my arms raised. Gone within a few steps. I read somewhere that jumping was helpful. I didn't want to jump. (Hurts my girls when I jump).