Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am so happy to see this post...you have no idea. Not that I'm glad you feel bad, don't get me wrong but I'm a prebander and so dreading the liquid diet. My husband is already telling me that I'm going to regret this surgery and I've told him for the first month I'm going to cry and wonder what the heck I did to myself. I am glad to see the same emotions are running through someone else and I'm not alone. I will do my best to follow the instructions but darn it....you get hungry and if you aren't "feeling bad" then you are going to want something to eat. Maybe they should give us a pill that will give us the flu for about two weeks, then we wouldn't want to eat anything but Water and crystal light. I will just keep in mind that the first month is the hardest....if I can get through that it will be worth it. I'm sure you aren't the only one who wondered "what the heck" you did to yourself. I'll be saying those words on April 19th and April 20th but I'm hoping by June 20th, my 40th birthday, I will be a size smaller and feeling better.

Good Luck to you, take it slow, do the best you can and you'll feel better soon. Everyone says so who has been there, so hang tight...the light at the end of the tunnel is coming.

Rachel,

You have normal feelings, we all had the same. I was supposed to be on liquids for 2 wks as well, and I graduated my self on to mushies and softies as I could tolerate. I have had some restriction the whole time. (I started with 5cc in a 10 cc band). So far, I have 30 lbs ( banded 1/20). Listen to your body, if you are hungry, than eat, the band isn't supposed to bring misery, it is there to help, if we were perfect, we would all be a size 2. will do great, use your Drs. orders as a guideline, but listen to your body. Good luck, skinny girl, you will do great!!!

Sara

I am so happy to see this post...you have no idea. Not that I'm glad you feel bad, don't get me wrong but I'm a prebander and so dreading the liquid diet. My husband is already telling me that I'm going to regret this surgery and I've told him for the first month I'm going to cry and wonder what the heck I did to myself. I am glad to see the same emotions are running through someone else and I'm not alone. I will do my best to follow the instructions but darn it....you get hungry and if you aren't "feeling bad" then you are going to want something to eat. Maybe they should give us a pill that will give us the flu for about two weeks, then we wouldn't want to eat anything but Water and crystal light. I will just keep in mind that the first month is the hardest....if I can get through that it will be worth it. I'm sure you aren't the only one who wondered "what the heck" you did to yourself. I'll be saying those words on April 19th and April 20th but I'm hoping by June 20th, my 40th birthday, I will be a size smaller and feeling better.

Good Luck to you, take it slow, do the best you can and you'll feel better soon. Everyone says so who has been there, so hang tight...the light at the end of the tunnel is coming.

I feel so much better. I am having trouble getting in all the Water with the Protein shakes but to be able to eat even the full liquids is heaven. I knew it would be bad at first. the first few days after surgery I didn't feel like eating--heck, I had trouble getting in the water I was suppose to. But, those hunger pangs come on quick. I am glad I did it. I have lost weight already. It will be well worth it. It is hard but I am lucky to have supportive people in my life and on line. It will be so worth it.

Rachel,

You have normal feelings, we all had the same. I was supposed to be on liquids for 2 wks as well, and I graduated my self on to mushies and softies as I could tolerate. I have had some restriction the whole time. (I started with 5cc in a 10 cc band). So far, I have 30 lbs ( banded 1/20). Listen to your body, if you are hungry, than eat, the band isn't supposed to bring misery, it is there to help, if we were perfect, we would all be a size 2. will do great, use your Drs. orders as a guideline, but listen to your body. Good luck, skinny girl, you will do great!!!

Sara

Thanks!!

Rachael, glad you are feeling better now that you have some substance. I remember after just 3 days of Clear Liquids I was ready to eat my dog I was so hungry. Luckily for him he could move faster than I!

When my doctor called in to check on me I told him I was very hungry, so he moved me along quicker than he originally told me.

Of all the choices you could have made, SF pudding was a good one. It isn't like you chose something very hard to digest or very hard to chew.

I got banded MARCH 24 and I have been on a liquid diet for almost a week and at least for me I have been able to eat some Jello I don't eat it often but it is a nice change. It sucks to know that everyone else only has to be on Clear Liquids for a few days and my first week check up will actually be in about 2 weeks and I'm not sure if i should try creamy Soups or if I should wait for the OK.

It is okay...YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!! I was allowed to change from liquids to full liquids to mushie food to full food sooner than a week. If you had a pudding, that is fine. It will not disrupt anything. Drink lots of water...the main reason is to allow your bvody to heal and not to disrupt the band as the swelling goes down. Soft smooth things will be okay so don't beat yourself up. Mistakes are going to happen all through your life...just get back on the horse ane enjoy your losses and find ways to fill your days as you won't spend so much time eating!! Walking is wonderful as it gets you out of the house, gives you exercise at a pace you can set yourself and allows you to expereince nature, fresh air aned have time to think or vicsit with a friend. It is a great way to avoid food, too. I am hoping our weather will allow me to start walking later in the week!! Just do your best each day to follow the rules and you'll see the weight melt away. I have lost just over 100 in a year and a half with some definite ups and downs but it all works if you work it! Good luck to you!

I was so hungry this morning that I ate a sugar free pudding. I feel like such a failure. I couldn't hold out two more days on clear liquids. I was banded on 3/18/11. Any advice would be appreciated. Right now, I want to get this band removed. Is it really worth it to be this miserable? I am not sure I can do it.

Rachael

hold out a few weeks and you will feel much better. honestly, i am 7 wks post op and i feel like i can eat everything. so i have the opposite problem. just follow the liquids, you dont wanna stretch your pouch and see where you are at in a few wks. you have no idea what will happen. TRUST ME. it changes to much its not even funny and if you REALLY hate the band, have your Dr take all of the Fluid out. after all of your swelling goes down, and you have no fluid, you might eat the same as you did before the surgery. its a bumpy road!!!