Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well today was the day I have been waiting for. I got my first fill this morning and it was such a neat process. I had no idea what to expect and I am sure all doctors are different. I will tell you how my appointment went for those of you waiting for your first fill.

First off I was weighed and I was down 3 lbs since the last time I was there 2 weeks ago. Not bad for having ZERO restriction. Also, I have lost 3 inches on my waist so that was also exciting. So from there they took me in to the room where this giant machine was and I had to stand in front of the xray machine and the doc looked at my belly and explained he was going to put the needle in my port and fill the band completely. So he uses freezing spray and puts the needle right in my port as I watched on the screen. I didn't even feel the needle going in thank god! He then has me swallow some barium and I watched as that trickled down my throat and stopped at the band. He then pulls saline out just enough that it trickled through my stoma. That was it. He was able to put in 3cc's today, and said he had left 1cc in my band at surgery. So I have a total of 4 cc's in my band. It was kind of exciting for me being a newbie and not knowing what to expect. So for all of you out there who are nervous about getting your first fill, don't be! It was NO BIG DEAL! I am on liquids today, mushies tomorrow, soft foods the next day and then on to regular food! So the journey finally begins!:P

I am right there with you. I just got my first fill Wednesday and had no idea what to expect. My doctor did not do the x ray and have me drink that stuff. He said for the first one he was just filling 2cc and my apt. in another 6 weeks he would do the x ray with the barium.

I am sure they all do different things. I am on the liquids like you for today yet, then soft tomorrow. I have to can I can feel a BIG difference. Do you feel that as well???

I tried my Protein powder and Water and blended with a banana, and I could not get it down well. I then switched to Enchure Protein Drink and that works.

Cid

Well today was the day I have been waiting for. I got my first fill this morning and it was such a neat process. I had no idea what to expect and I am sure all doctors are different. I will tell you how my appointment went for those of you waiting for your first fill.

First off I was weighed and I was down 3 lbs since the last time I was there 2 weeks ago. Not bad for having ZERO restriction. Also, I have lost 3 inches on my waist so that was also exciting. So from there they took me in to the room where this giant machine was and I had to stand in front of the xray machine and the doc looked at my belly and explained he was going to put the needle in my port and fill the band completely. So he uses freezing spray and puts the needle right in my port as I watched on the screen. I didn't even feel the needle going in thank god! He then has me swallow some barium and I watched as that trickled down my throat and stopped at the band. He then pulls saline out just enough that it trickled through my stoma. That was it. He was able to put in 3cc's today, and said he had left 1cc in my band at surgery. So I have a total of 4 cc's in my band. It was kind of exciting for me being a newbie and not knowing what to expect. So for all of you out there who are nervous about getting your first fill, don't be! It was NO BIG DEAL! I am on liquids today, mushies tomorrow, soft foods the next day and then on to regular food! So the journey finally begins!:P

I can feel a difference. I have had a cup of coffee and I am drinking Water now and I am not hungry in the least and I was hungry going in to my appointment so yes I think the swelling has begun and I am all good!! They made me make 3 addtional appointments for 3 more fills. So I go back on April 19th for my second fill. Then 5 weeks after that and then another 6 weeks after that one. I have to say I am finally getting excited about this. I had lost enthusiasm for this the last 2 weeks since it felt like I was just on another diet. Now just have to get busy on the exercising!!!

I am hoping i may just be able to keep where I am and not fill at each visit. I do not go back for 6 weeks, but I would like to see if this will be where I can stay for a while.

I am having a hard time getting into an exercise routine as well.

Are you feeling tired at all. I have to say I am feeling very tired the last couple days??

I can feel a difference. I have had a cup of coffee and I am drinking Water now and I am not hungry in the least and I was hungry going in to my appointment so yes I think the swelling has begun and I am all good!! They made me make 3 addtional appointments for 3 more fills. So I go back on April 19th for my second fill. Then 5 weeks after that and then another 6 weeks after that one. I have to say I am finally getting excited about this. I had lost enthusiasm for this the last 2 weeks since it felt like I was just on another diet. Now just have to get busy on the exercising!!!

Why do you want to not get fill's? At my office they say it is pretty typical to need a3-6 fills to achieve the "sweet spot", but everyone is different. My nutritionst said today that one patient she has lost over 100lbs in a year with only 1 fill but that is not typical.

My energy level is actually pretty good. You might ty and up your Protein intake. I am eating mostly protein and for the first time in a long time I feel like I am getting my swagger back! LOL Just have to put that energy in to some exercise now and I will be good to go!

I guess just reading thur these posts I am hearing so much of people get no fill's or just one and are good to go. They are changing there way of thinking about food and changes your way of life around food.< /p>

I guess my though is you can only go so tight so if I keep losing weight at this size, down the road when I hit a time I am not losing I will then get another fill. I do not know really what will happen. Just reading and learning about all this stuff.

I am drinking the Protein drinks now. Tomorrow I will be back on soft food so maybe I will feel a little more "peppy"

Cid

Why do you want to not get fill's? At my office they say it is pretty typical to need a3-6 fills to achieve the "sweet spot", but everyone is different. My nutritionst said today that one patient she has lost over 100lbs in a year with only 1 fill but that is not typical.

My energy level is actually pretty good. You might ty and up your Protein intake. I am eating mostly protein and for the first time in a long time I feel like I am getting my swagger back! LOL Just have to put that energy in to some exercise now and I will be good to go!

Today was my first fill.. I only had 2cc's.. My surgeon had me swallow a full 16 oz bottle of Water. I didn't have to vomit.. I only felt extremely full.. I wanted 3-4 cc's, but he thought it would be tight... I am still a little hungry.. This lap band isn't working for me!!.. I am thinking I should have tried gastric by-pass... We will see!