Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fake Sugar

Good Morning All

I am new to this, I was banded Friday 6,2006 by Dr Spiegel. I have never been much of a sweet eater my main problem is at meal time when I just can't stop eating. I am not having much of a hard time with this new life but I can't stand the way all these drinks taste with artificial sweeteners in them. Does any one have any suggestions on different drinks?

I use a product called Water sensations I get them at Target. They are added to water and have no sugar substitutes in them. You can get more information at www.watersensations.com I also do a slpash of lemon or lime in my water for a change. ~Mandy

I use Splenda and I also use Water sensations faithfully...thanks again Mandy! I have no problem getting my water in. I am trying not to drink too much ice tea, because I am afraid the tannen in the tea may be contributing to me retaining water.

I gave up sugar in tea and coffee when I was about 18 (geez, that's 20 years ago), and I've NEVER drunk calories - everybody knows that makes you fat, roflmao!! So yep, I'd eat McDonalds but always with a diet coke. For some reason, I havent drunk diet soft drinks for about 10 years now, we used to go through a lot of diet coke. Now I cant bear the taste of it, like a bottle of chemicals, ugh. I have a bit of a hang up about artificial sweeteners, and chemicals on foods and the like so I dont touch anything artificially sweetened. I just drink Water - oh and the occasional glass of wine - and nothing else. We dont even have juice in the house because the kids guzzle it. You get used to it. With regard to yogurt and the like, I prefer to eat smaller amounts of the real thing - full fat yogurt (not usually sweetened though), and I"m like that with all things really, dont like low fat foods either and dont believe they really achieve much.

I was a real paradox before surgery - family diet totally healthy and usually organic and shoving down a load of crap on top of that, lol.

I know this sounds crazy... but all I drink now is Water... and to treat myself I have iced tea, but I crave Water now.

You can never drink too much!

I'm the same way. The more water you drink, the more you will want it.

A splash of lemon and a sprinkle of Splenda or Swtnlow and instant lemonade. Really hits the spot too. I always order lemon with my Water, but at home I just use a little sweetner. Take the bla taste away, LOL.

I am going to be getting some Stevia sweetners for my Water here shortly. Sweet Leaf makes them, and they come in a variety of different flavors.

Here is a little blurb from their site:

SteviaClear™ Flavors

We've taken our best selling SteviaClear and added delicious natural flavors to create the world's most amazing and versatile zero calorie, zero carb dietary supplement. Add nutritious SteviaClear flavors to coffee, tea, milk, sparkling Water, club soda, herbal infusions, Protein shakes, smoothies or plain water. Try it also in ice cubes, yogurt, whipped cream or your favorite desert recipes.

Hey, we said it was versatile and amazing!

And here is the link to their site:

http://www.sweetleaf.com