Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Well, today is day 26 of being banded. *feb 25/11* I lost about 11lb with in the first 2 weeks of being on Clear Liquids then lost about 3 more lbs over the last two weeks. I have ben discouraged because I am not losing pounds. I know this is normal and I can tell my clothes are falling off and it feels great. However, I am getting in 60-80 Protein and 40-60 fat and 700 -800 calories and 20 -50 carbs. Most carbs have been thru mash sweet potato or yogart. This has been shedding the inches but not weight. Today I decided to start the Atkins induction phase. NO SURGAR and NO more than 20 carbs for 2 weeks. I am very nervous because I am still on the mushy phase of my band so I have little choices to go by. But I am hoping it jump starts my weight loss again. DOES anyone have any other ideas??? Please if you do let me know! LOL I would love to do somthing other than eggs all day! haha I do walk atleast 10 min a day and most of 3x a week I walk 45 min a day. Im up for anyones advice. Also does this sound like it should work?? :blink: Im going crazy here!

You're still within the 6 week healing period and in all honesty weight loss is not your biggest concern right now, and it shouldn't be. Why don't you wait until after 6 weeks to jump into dieting? Depriving your body of carbs and the nutrients it needs to heal right now is not ideal, at least not in my books. Focus on your Protein, Water, and healing, then when you're on solids decide on a diet plan.

Weight-loss is important of course, but you said you're losing inches, which is better than a number on the scale. :)

I agre with you Reverie. I am on week 4 post op and I am still really sore around the port area. I was told not to concentrate on the calories and thinking of this as a duet. Think of this new journey as a new lifestyle. It is really hard to change years of bad programing but we can do it.

Good luck.

At this point stop getting on the scale, heal and start your stragtegy of what you are going to eat when you can eat real food and mashed potatoes should not be one of them. Good carbs should come from vegetables not potatoes.