Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does Hunger Feel like to you?

Hey, everyone I'm just curious what does hunger feel like to you? Do you rely on your stomach growling to tell you when to eat or some other physical sensation? How do you deal with headhunger?

Tummy growling. Head hunger is when I'm bored and need something to do so I think about food.< /span>

That is one of the strangest thing. I feel my tummy growl but then I don't feel hungry...I definitely know when it's head hunger, and I try to read or call a family member/friend. But going back to knowing when to eat, I've just been eating small amounts at meal time to get a little nutrition...but it is strange not feeling that same empty feeling.

Hey, everyone I'm just curious what does hunger feel like to you? Do you rely on your stomach growling to tell you when to eat or some other physical sensation? How do you deal with headhunger?

It is extremely rare to feel my stomach growl anymore. I just get that empty "out of fuel" feeling. Weak, irritable, lack of energy.

The biggest contributor to head hunger for me is eating just a little junk that I know I shouldn't. Processed junk food, white starches and too much sugar get my blood sugar levels spiking and then I crave more. Fresh meats, colorful non-starchy veggies, unprocessed dairy, fresh fruits and fresh whole grains will keep you full and not add to head hunger.

Stress is another contributor, when I am stressed and I feel like eating I take a walk. Just a short walk does wonders.

I don't feel hunger anymore either - I do just kind of run out of gas. And I REFUSE to give in to head hunger, I just fight it. At this point, I know that if I am "hungry" and feeling okay, then it is in my head.

i rarely feel hungry anymore either so i just usually eat at the same time each day to make sure i get in enough calories and Protein.

on the rare occasions that i am hungry, i can just tell that my stomach is empty... and i feel empty.