Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded Feb 9th, 2011. I lost a total of 15 lbs with the band and 19 before being banded. The past two and a half weeks I have flipped flopped between 224 and 226. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I exercise and eat MUCH smaller portions...I go for my first fill on the 22nd but If I don't start loosing after my fill I don't know what I will do. I am so disappointed and depressed. Old habits are starting to sneak up on me again since there have been no 'rewards' of my work. Has anyone else had a plateau so early on? What did you do to make the weight come off? HELP please...I just about giving up.

I was banded Feb 9th, 2011. I lost a total of 15 lbs with the band and 19 before being banded. The past two and a half weeks I have flipped flopped between 224 and 226. I AM SO FRUSTRATED! I exercise and eat MUCH smaller portions...I go for my first fill on the 22nd but If I don't start loosing after my fill I don't know what I will do. I am so disappointed and depressed. Old habits are starting to sneak up on me again since there have been no 'rewards' of my work. Has anyone else had a plateau so early on? What did you do to make the weight come off? HELP please...I just about giving up.

Dont give up! I know the feling right now im 3 weeks post op and. Am stuk at 246 and 346.6 for a solid 6 days now. I asked so many peopke and nutrtionist wat to do. They say dont panic. Get ur Protein and Water in snd wait for your body to heal. I get my first fill the 29th and almost get mad thinking i may stay this weight till then. But keep strong there are other people going thru same thing. We didnt go under the knife for nothing!!! Stay positive.

There will be weeks sometimes months the scale wont move you cant give up and I had to stop weighing myself everyday it only makes things worse. I didnt lose for six months and that was with fills. You body has been overweight for so long it has to adjust and sometimes it just stalls itself out because it was so use to consuming large amounts of calories now it is starving and doesnt want to let go of the fat. keep doing what your doing it will move eventually. Is it frustrating hell yes but we didnt gain it all in three months either. You cant take off 10 to 30 years of weight gain in a few months it doesnt work like that.

It is normal, I plateued after my first week post op to when I finally started eating normal at week 5. I was frustrated, but I pushed through. Now it seems I lose one week then maintained the next and so forth. It is kind of annoying, but I know I am doing the right things and this might be how I lose. Just keep doing the right things and you will lose

I was banded the 25th of Feb. I lost 10 lbs right after surgery and the scale hasn't moved since! I am guessing this is very normal. When I saw my dr. Thursday he said I am doing great. He also said the next 6 weeks before my first fill (he doesn't do a fill until 9 weeks out) I may stay the same or even gain a lb or two. I personally don't even understand how I am maintaining because I am eating so much less then I was before but like the people before me say I think it does have something to do with the shock to your body and your body hanging on to everything it can. Don't give up...you came this far just ride the wave it will get better!!

Thank you all for your replies. I am so happy that I have found a site like this and can vent these stresses away!!! It is wonderful to know that I am not alone in this fight!!! I will keep it up as much as I can.

You really want to hear a sad story? I had surgery Dec 29 and lost 19 pounds in 10 days. I have NOT lost any pounds since. No, I'm not kidding. I had a fill Feb 11 and still haven't lost any pounds. I've lost inches and have some clothes that I cannot wear anymore. You can look at me and tell that I'm losing, but it doesn't show on the scale. I have another fill next week. I'm praying to God that I can start losing some pounds.

It is frustrating, but what else can you do? (other than cry, kick and scream) LOL. Hang in there. For your sake and mine, I have to believe it will get better....eventually.

You really want to hear a sad story? I had surgery Dec 29 and lost 19 pounds in 10 days. I have NOT lost any pounds since. No, I'm not kidding. I had a fill Feb 11 and still haven't lost any pounds. I've lost inches and have some clothes that I cannot wear anymore. You can look at me and tell that I'm losing, but it doesn't show on the scale. I have another fill next week. I'm praying to God that I can start losing some pounds.

It is frustrating, but what else can you do? (other than cry, kick and scream) LOL. Hang in there. For your sake and mine, I have to believe it will get better....eventually.

well we need to keep each other updated!!

How many calories are you eating? If you don't track it, try doing it for a couple of days. It is possible that you aren't eating enough. I had a stall at about the same point and was only eating about 800-900 calories. When I bumped it up to 1,000 I started losing again.

If that's not it, try shaking it up some other way...lower your carbs, kick up your exercise, etc. Sometimes you just need to change things up to get the scale moving again.

Also, find other things to motivate yourself other than the scale - are you down a size, are your clothes looser, can you walk longer, do your knees not hurt anymor, etc. Those sort of NSVs keep me going when I don't see movement on the scale.

Good Luck!

punk.sauce, you have lost 34lbs, it is VERY normal to have a plateau after that much loss. I don't know how much you want to lose over all but if it is anything around 100lbs you are a 1/3 done......doesn't that sound better :)

punk.sauce, you have lost 34lbs, it is VERY normal to have a plateau after that much loss. I don't know how much you want to lose over all but if it is anything around 100lbs you are a 1/3 done......doesn't that sound better :)

it does! thank you!

Over six months I've averaged 1 pound a week; some of us are slow losers.

I am in the exact same boat! I was banded feb 10th. I have lost 37 total but keep playing with the same 2 pounds. Can seem to keep them off. Getting filled tuesday. Hope that helps.

I know exactly how you feel, it is very frustrating. I was banded on Dec 15th and lost 20pounds. I have had 2 fills and I still feel like I can eat anything. I just want to scream. But we have to hang n there and in the end it will all work out.

Lets keep our head high and on the prize!

Over the last 17 months I've averaged about a pound a week. That doesn't mean I lost 1 lb every week. That's just what I averaged. Sometimes I'd lose 10 pounds in a month...but I'd pay for that by not losing for a month or two. I once went 4 months without losing *anything* and yes it is very frustrating.

If you want to have stay positive and motivated, take your focus off the scale and put it on your health. Choose a diet...WW, low carb, low calorie, whatever...and then stick to it. Monitor everything you eat in something like fitday.com so you can look back and not just have a 'belief' that you did well, you'll have the facts. Then pay attention to your body and the way your clothes fit. That generally changes faster than the scale and is a far more reliable indicator of how we're doing.

If you *consistently* do what you're supposed to, the weight will come off. Keep in mind though that if you're a slow loser like many of us, one slightly off week can undo an entire month.