Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can you feel/see your port?

Hi there-

Can anyone see or feel their port? I can and it kind of creeps me out. Mine is just up and to the rt of my belly button. It's right under the skin surface and I can always feel it especially as I sit up close to my desk when working om my computer. My belly hits right up to the edge of my desk right at the port site. It doesn't hurt or anything but I can feel it and it's sort of uncomfortable. I can also see where it is. It's looks like a small 1/2 dollar sixe or so lump. I imagine it will only get worse as I keep losing weight.

Does this happen with anyone else? Or am I just being hypersensative to it...:unsure: :unsure:

Let me know.

Thanks!

Ally

i can feel mine, but I can't see it. Mine is in my upper left side of my chest though. My doctor believes its less distracting and problematic there. It is a little unnerving to feel it though. I don't know what I was expecting, but I don't guess I thought about that part.

I just had surgery last friday and at this point I havent felt mine. I am only guessing at this point where it is. I am still swollen but even my husband couldnt feel it. I hope that it stays that way. But if it becomes an "outtie" as I loose weight I am cool with that. It is a small price to pay to become healthier for me.

i can feel mine, but I can't see it. Mine is in my upper left side of my chest though. My doctor believes its less distracting and problematic there. It is a little unnerving to feel it though. I don't know what I was expecting, but I don't guess I thought about that part.

Mine is just under my ribs, i can fell it and if l eat too much or too quick it hurts. But it dose'nt stop me doing anything.

Mine is also under my ribs on the left side. I can feel it, but don't see it. It does not bother me. My dr said eventually it will become more noticeable. I don't really mind, It's not like I'll be running around in a bikini...

I used to be able to see my port. It drove me nuts. It wasnt that bad but you could see it ( photos on my blog).

When I had a Tummy Tuck I asked for my port to be moved. Now it is under my muscles. I can't see it and I can't even feel where it is sometimes. This is so much better.

Some people are bothered by the fact they can see their port, others aren't. You can do something about it though if it bothers you.

I had surgery on 3\3\2011 i can feel and see my port under the skin. I don't mind at all because i think i can monitor it myself if it is this way. One added benefit and this is my personal experience from me being a Registered Nurse and had the opportunity to access ports for Chemo, its better when it can be felt. The nurse can get to the soft part easier for the fills. Reading some of these blogs, and i admit i am new, but i think sometimes they are missing the port and the Fluid is going somewhere else for the fills. Accessing ports is a unique skill and it takes practice. So again my personal opinion its better if you can see and feel your port. Small price to pay.

My port is also under my left rib. I can barely feel it.. Sometimes when I lean up against my desk at work I can feel it. But it's really not bothering me. However..... I was wondering... hmmmmmmm what if i ever need the Heimlich maneuver or every have an air bag hit me???? I know it seems terrible to even think such things.... but ... wouldn't it dislodge my port or hurt it some how?? Was something I thought about and just wondered .... I guess I should have some sort of ID in my wallet to let emergency peeps know my situation. I'm sorry..... don't mean to get weird about this.

Anyone else have such things go thru their minds?

Hi there-

Can anyone see or feel their port? I can and it kind of creeps me out. Mine is just up and to the rt of my belly button. It's right under the skin surface and I can always feel it especially as I sit up close to my desk when working om my computer. My belly hits right up to the edge of my desk right at the port site. It doesn't hurt or anything but I can feel it and it's sort of uncomfortable. I can also see where it is. It's looks like a small 1/2 dollar sixe or so lump. I imagine it will only get worse as I keep losing weight.

Does this happen with anyone else? Or am I just being hypersensative to it...:unsure: :unsure:

Let me know.

Thanks!

Ally

I can clear as day. I have a big lump near my ribs LOL. I'm hoping to have it moved or removed altogether; time will tell when I have a TT.

I guess I should have some sort of ID in my wallet to let emergency peeps know my situation. I'm sorry..... don't mean to get weird about this.

I got an ID card when I registered with lapband.com. They sent me a printed card stating I have a lap band and it has my dr's name on it. I carry it in my wallet.

Hahaha, yes I can feel it... although I can't see it yet. It does creep me out a bit to touch it under the skin... at first when I would touch it and feel it I literally would get light headed and a little nauseous. I still feel creepy when I feel it with my fingers but don't get the physical symptoms anymore!

Hi there-

Let me know.

Thanks!

Ally

Hi Ally, yes, I feel my port and can also see its protruding bump when standing (in the nude). My port is located on the upper right side 1/2" away from my navel - sewen on the muscle. However, I've noticed that the more weight I lose the more prominently visible my lap band port will be. Once I hit goal, I shall have a plastic surgeon do a low profile port for me. I just can't bear the thought of "Quato" (Total Recall movie) exposing itself in an alien-esque-like manner out of my tummy, but primordially since I sleep on my stomach it's also VERY uncomfortable for me.

my port is in the same place as yours... and if i lean up against my desk, i feel it too. i don't look at myself naked often because i just don't like what i see (in general) but my port scar is pretty visible and i think it sticks out a little.

i embrace them though. when i need reassurance that i did the right thing, i reach for my port location and it makes me feel better. does that sound crazy?

I can feel mine too it is on the right side of my belly right below the ribs. It doesnt bother mr but I creeps out my hubby. I am an RN and all my fellow nurses want to see and feel it. Guess it is just a medical person thing.