Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried I've made an eating mistake

I was just banded March 10, and aside from feeling groggy and out of it for the first two days, I've rebounded totally nicely. Aside from the staples holding incisions closed on my tummy, it's easy for me to forget I was banded less than a week ago (I know from reading the boards here that I'm one of the lucky ones).

Here's my problem. I pushed the post-op diet and chowed down chicken breast and veggies that were in a Soup I was eating yesterday (5 days post-op). I was super hungry, and it was only after eating that I remembered that, oh no, I'm not supposed to be eating anything "real" yet (I'm supposed to be all liquids for a week).

I'm not asking for forgiveness -- I know what I did was WRONG, especially because it DOES NOT FOLLOW doctor's directions, and I've already retreated to the liquid phase I'm supposed to be following post-op.

I just need to know how paranoid I should be that I've irrevocably damaged myself. I'm not in any pain, and the liquids I'm on are going through just fine.

I feel like this is the bandster version of those gut-wrenching, guilt-inducing driver's ed movies we had to watch back in the days. All I can say is, lesson learned.

Don't worry... but you have to follow the diet, you don't want to stretch out your pouch. You can eat food soon enough. This is a good lesson in discipline :)

Unless you at a ton, I wouldn't worry.

You'll be fine :) Just pick yourself back up and get back on the post-op diet.

The veggies don't worry me at all they are mush with one chew. As for the chicken not that worried but yes please return to your doctors orders. I was on Clear Liquids for 7 days and then full liquids (tomato, squash )soups for another seven days with Protein Shakes. Then I could move to cottage cheese. Is your program similar? For liquid phase I highly recommend MRS Dash unsalted flavorings esp. Chicken. If you put it in preheating it reconstitues the the tiny minced garlic and onion and makes the Soup soooooo much better. My fav. Soups were Pacific brand sweet red pepper with Tomato, and Progresso tomato basil. Once you can have egg whites, at the very end of cooking I would add 1/8 cup of low fat chive cottage cheese so good. At canned chicken stage I mixed mine with low fat laughing cow cheese (lots of flavors); since it's cheese you can heat it in the oven.

I was also banded the 10th I still don't have an appetite. I feel pretty good but i m still on Clear Liquids so far i m down 18 lbs. Friday I go back to Dr and get cleared for full liquids. But as of now I have to make myself drink my Water and Protein Shakes and I eat one sugar free Jello a day, and I am full.