Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Oprah had WLS?

i dont think Kristie Alley had surg. She would not be able to eat the Jenny Craig food if she did. Plus the fact that they would not have her endorse their product if that is not how she lost the weight. It could ruin their company if it ever came out that she had surg to loose the weight and did not do it with their diet plan and exercising ...

Just my thoughts...

No, she has not. She has a personal Chef who cooks her every meal and a Personal trainer who works out with her everyday, she has done it all on her own.

Jenny Craig - and she lies! I know she was bigger than she is claiming she was. The camera may ad 10 lbs but my goodness. Oprah btw would soooo not lie about that. She would totally do a show about it - a series of shows - and give every body in the audience the option to do it and all kinds of stuff like that.

I have heard her say that she could never do anything like that to her own body but she is not judgemental of people that do. She doesn't even like the thought of diet pills. I believe her. I LOVE OPRAH!

I think you are right...KA is on nutra system. Her weight loss seems slow to me.

Kirstie Alley (sp?) i don't think had the surgery, but keep in mind, they do not ever show what the actual weight lost is. It is a marketing thing. They are trying to bring in the folks that have 20 or 30 pounds to lose. Not the 100's. If they show that she has lost 80 or 90 or 100 pounds on their system, those with 20 or 30 will think "well at least I don't have that much to lose. Their program is probably too strong for me. I'll just eat more apples." It is a bit of a joke in the weight loss industry. Usually you can at leasst double the number posted as the actual weight lost.

Oprah I just can't tell though. I don't think she has had the surgery, because she does fluctuate so much, and because she has a chef and personal trainer employed. But I don't think she is against it for anyone else. I have seen her and Dr. phil praise people who have reached a healthy life through the WLSs and Dr. phil even had a woman on last week who he is buying all of her plastic surgery for.

Amy

I don't think Oprah's had WLS, for many of the reasons already cited here: Her weight still fluctuates, she has a personal chef and trainer, and she'd probably not shy away from talking about it. I don't watch her show that often, but I was really impressed to see her allow the cameras backstage to photograph her without makeup. If she had actually been banded, maybe she'd invite an audience of low-income obese people to the show and give them free Lap-Band surgery as a surprise gift!

I didn't know her hair was a weave. It looks great, the best ever!

She hasn't had surgery, she said so and I think unlike Star Jones, Oprah is the kind of person who would say so if she had.

SHe says getting up every day to work out is what did it for her.

I don't think she had surgery, but Oprah was a big influence on me having mine. I know she's not an advocate, but the things she says about how she has to live her life to keep her weight down doesn't sound appealing to me AT ALL.

For instance, she has said that she allows herself 4 deserts and 4 glasses of champaign a year. Now, I'm not a drinker, so the champaign doesn't bother me. But to say I will only allow 4 deserts a year says to me that she has to think every single day about her weight and decide years in advance what she will and will not eat.

I personally don't want to be afraid for the rest of my life that I will lose my weight and not be able to keep it off. That is the biggest reason that I had WLS. I don't mind changing my eating, I don't mind exercise (although I have a hard time getting it done).

I do mind fear. I hate fear.

I think Kirti Alley had to have had surgery Nutri system or not....That was a pretty fast loss wasn't it? And I know on the add she says she lost like 60lbs -- I think its more like 160. She looks great. Star on the other hand, oh my...................

I know Oprah seems honest, but if she's come out and said she's not had any face work done, she's not being truthful. There is no way at her age she wouldn't have some wrinkles and signs of aging. But on the contrary, her face is 100% smooth and tight. She looks about 40 when I think she's in her 50's. At the very, very least, she's had major botox. Actually, I can find lots of pics of her from about 10 years ago and her face looks alot older than it does now! Thus, I do believe she has had the LAP Band because I do think she is capable of keeping it to herself as she has her face work, and also, she's kept it off for so long. Personal chef or no personal chef, there's nothing stopping her when she eats out (which I assume is very frequently) and when she eats at other people's houses (which I assume is also very frequently). There's many opportunities for her to eat food that her chef has not prepared. I vote yes on the LAP Band.

And just because Kirsty's the spokesperson for Jenny Craig, who says she even eats the stuff? The ad was just on TV and she certainly put none of it actually in her mouth, lol. I dont think the company would even care, its all about marketing and money. As long as they have a celebrity spokesperson who's dropped a ton of weight, they're not going to care how she did it.

I'm a cynic though. I wouldnt trust Oprah either. They're all about getting and staying rich, not being virtuous and honest.

My 2 cents:

Oprah: No surgery, can afford the chef and the personal trainer on call 24/7

Kirstie A.: I think she had the band.

Star Jones: I DEFINITELY think she is hiding something. Don't know what type or how, but yep.

Anna Nicole Smith: Crack, not Trimspa baby!