Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi

Guest IdahoLoser

Guest IdahoLoser

Hey, I was just wanting to know how many people from burley, id were in here? or Idaho at all. I am 5 monthes post op and have lost 60 pounds so far. How bout the rest of ya?:nervous

HELLO IDAHOLOSER...........I am also in Burley. I was banded on May 31, 2005. I have lost 73 pounds. Where did you have your surgery?

Welcome to LBT. RAE :clap2:

Hi Rae and Idaho.

Rae: Srinkath was my assist. surgeon, I love him!

Idaho: I am in Pocatello!

Hey all, Im in Boise. Just got my band on Monday.

Jessicazi, youre in Idaho!? Cool :) I guess we are the Idaho newbies.

My husband is from England, and he got so tired of everyone asking him where he's from when they heard his accent, that he started responding, 'Pocatello'. You'd be surprised at how many people give him a blank look followed with a meek, 'Really?'

No offense, but the best thing I've seen about Pokey (liked that a lot Vinesqueen :eek: ) is that you don't actually have to go in it on your way to Jackson! *grins*

Hi my name is Patty and I am in Kuna.I am going to go have a fill today at 12.00 I was banded in June and I have lost 37lbs so far.Hey Photonut you are really doing good to already lose 30 in amounth.Good for you.If you would ever like to meet let me know.

Hey Patty! You know, I was thinking we should get a group together for a once a month lunch thing like other groups do. I've also joined (but havent participated yet) smartbandsters and I've notices some folks on there from Idaho too. We might find some great friends amongst us.

Anyone interested? We can post our Idaho losers group prorgress photos on here too! Yehaw!

And.. Dawg and I are going to start going to the support group on the Tuesday night (Feb 7th) at St. Al's. Anyone else going? It will be my first time and I'd love to meet some of you there!

Idaho losers group

I refuse to be described as an Idaho Loser.

Can we make it the Idaho Winners?

I'm with PhotoNut (I shall henceforth call her P'Nut) :)

Oh, and I don't do photographs.

Hi all -

I'm here in Boise as well and am planning on attending the Support group on Tuesday night - does anyone know where and when they meet? I think it would be great to have some face to face time with people who know what we are going through!

plus, as I haven't officially gotten my band yet, I'd love to find out what the process was like for all the others.

Photonut, how long did it take for you to get back on your feet and "out and about" after the surgery? I've had my gallbladder out and I've heard the recovery time is pretty similar compared to that. Well, I was at the mall 2 days after that surgery, so I'm hopeful that this one won't be so bad?

Heyas Kayla,

The meeting is behind the new St. Al's bulding that's being built. There is a white tent like building in the parking lot that you can see from the connector. You can get there by going into the main entrance and following it between the buildings (there's a catwalk that goes overhead) and back until you see the first street on your left (Hartman) or you can come in from the Emerald St. side on Hartman. You can't miss the white tent thing. Its shaped like a long dome. There's no bathroom in there, so go ahead of time. *laughs* Not sure what time it starts. I'm thinking 7pm but I'll call tomorrow and check on that for sure and update this post.

As for me getting on my feet. I had hernia repair on my stomach at the same time, plus another "complication" that I won't go into here so I'm still not fully back on my feet. It would probably be best to ask others who just had the band surgery done. From what I've seen, it can take people from 2 days to a few weeks. Everyone's different, so it's hard to predict how you will do.

See you Tuesday night. You should be able to spot us easily. Paul (dawg) is very tall, dark hair in a ponytail, beard, probably wearing a worn out cap, and I'll be the short fat woman with him. LOL!

I'm looking forward to meeting you!!

I drove by St. Al's on my way to work today, so I'm pretty sure I know where to go now. Should be interesting...

Hey Kayla, I just got off the phone with my doc's office and was told the meeting will be from 7 - 8:30.

See you tomorrow night!

Any other Boise area folks coming??

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Some days I feel like an infiltrator... I'm participating in society as a "thin" person. They have no idea that I haven't always been one of them! 🤣
      · 0 replies
    • ChunkCat

Thank you everyone for your well wishes! I totally forgot I wrote an update here... I'm one week post op today. I gained 15 lbs in water weight overnight because they had to give me tons of fluids to bring my BP up after surgery! I stayed one night in the hospital. Everything has been fine except I seem to have picked up a bug while I was there and I've been running a low grade fever, coughing, and a sore throat. So I've been hydrating well and sleeping a ton. So far the Covid tests are negative.
      I haven't been able to advance my diet past purees. Everything I eat other than tofu makes me choke and feels like trying to swallow rocks. They warned me it would get worse before it gets better, so lets hope this is all normal. I have my follow up on Monday so we'll see. Living on shakes and soup again is not fun. I had enough of them the first time!! LOL 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches