Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bought a bikini

LOL I know, its silly. But it is so much motivation for me. Yesterday we took my mother to visit Ron Jon, a famous surf shop here in Florida. I decided I would by myself a little bikini to hang on the wall and keep me motivated, like in that yogurt ad on tv.

Its a little black number, size large in case I never make it to a medium or small. But won't I be jumping up and down freakin happy if it ends up being TOO BIG!!! :)

Amy

You are one brave woman! I like your style! I just buy one size smaller pants, and keep them in the closet and try them on from time to time. You are much more courageous than I! Cindy

I bought my first bikini last summer. A couple of weeks ago we went north on a snowmobiling vacation, and I had to wear a teeshirt over my suit in the lodge pool, because it was too big! I felt so great that I could even wear a bikini last summer, I can't tell you how good it felt when it was too big!

I keep imagining when it is time to try it on, and finding that it is too big. It really is great motivation. I even made sure it was a style that will cover scars if I have a lower body lift afterwards.

I've had four lower-body surgeries (none of them cosmetic), so I've received a grant from the Keep America Beautiful Task Force to stick to my granny one-piece. But you go, Amy!

I've had four lower-body surgeries (none of them cosmetic), so I've received a grant from the Keep America Beautiful Task Force to stick to my granny one-piece.

LOL I am a big wuss when it comes to scars. But even if I just wear this in the presence of my close family or friends, it will be well worth it. Hek, even just being able to put it on alone in the bathroom will make me do a little wiggle dance. LOL

Amy

I can totally relate. Sixteen years ago I lost weight and got into a size 14. Well so happens I meet my husband and got married in two weeks time. Then (this is really corny) I got PREGNANT on the HONEYMOON. Had my only child 9 months 4 days after getting married. Well I bought a slinkly little black lace dress when we first got married but I NEVER got to wear it. I have been dragging this dress around 16 years with the tags still on it no less. I am going to be banded in two weeks and I have told my husband for my one year band anniversary I want to fit into that little black lace dress and go out for a night on the town. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

So you go girl. M