Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have beentold and have heard thy bread and Pasta are big no no's and will get stuck and be very problematic. That said, I keep seeing people post about what they are eating and this often includes sandwiches, English muffins, Bagels and even subway! Really? And this doesn't cause problems? I am too scared to try it.

Well, the more Fluid I get in my band, the harder these things are to eat. However if I toast bread or and english muffin really well, I don't seem to have a problem. I find myself eating less of these things all the time though. If you get "stuck" on them often enough you learn not to even want them. That being said, I bought a package of the sandwich thins ( really really thin buns) I have had a couple of sandwiches made on them and they have gone down perfectly. There is not much to them. It is different for everyone, and the tighter your band gets the more problem you may have. Small bites are really the key. Good luck to you!

Depends on your restriction level. I have recently added bread back into my diet (high Protein bread) and had some for my pre-workout snack! Protein bread with almond butter and SF blueberry jelly. Delicious!!

Couldnt eat bread after surgery and a year later still cant. Pasta cant eat. I have eaten flat bread with some difficulty but I never was a big bread eater so Im not dying without it. Some people can never eat bread but it hurts like all get out when it does get stuck so I dont bother.

My ability to eat bread and many other supposedly difficult foods changes with restriction which changes from week-to-week and even from morning to evening. For the most part it just doesn't go down comfortably enough to make it worth the effort but every once in a while I can have a little. I could never do subway, way too much bread...way too much everything really. And I also can't do the typcal processed spongy bread from the bread aisle, I get a hearty bread from the bakery which is healthier anyway. 1/2 slice is usually enough. Pasta is never an issue.

I have beentold and have heard thy bread and Pasta are big no no's and will get stuck and be very problematic. That said, I keep seeing people post about what they are eating and this often includes sandwiches, English muffins, Bagels and even subway! Really? And this doesn't cause problems? I am too scared to try it.

I am only 3 months post op and have been able to eat anything I wanted so far so will power has played a HUGE roll in my journey.

This morning I had my 2nd fill... because I felt like I needed more help to get fuller a little faster so my experience may change with bread and Pasta. Everyone is different. For me the key has been to chew everything up into puree form before I swallow. I only had one time I didnt do it with a piece of fish I was eating..... it just basically sprung back up and I spit it out and started again.

Couldnt eat bread after surgery and a year later still cant. Pasta cant eat. I have eaten flat bread with some difficulty but I never was a big bread eater so Im not dying without it. Some people can never eat bread but it hurts like all get out when it does get stuck so I dont bother.

Yes, I can't eat bread either. No pasta, pizza, even WASA type crackers don't work! It does hurt so badly. I don't even try it anymore. No fill yet either. Banded Feb 7th. food removed like that is okay, less to deal with. I have gotten stuck twice and slimed once........hope never again! Yuk and pain!

I have been able to tolerate thin crust pizza, spaghetti noodles & croutons fine with no problems. I REALLY want some bread like a biscuit or a hot roll or bun but , I am REALLY afraid of ordinary bread products so I stay away. I just don't want to get stuck . I have 4.5 cc's in my band right now and I am pretty satisfied.

I agree with some of the other posters, it's funny how your restriction fluctuates on a daily basis ??

For me it is both a restriction (tightness of the band) and a sensitivity issue. I found that from the day my band was placed, even during bandster hell, I could not tolerate some foods like bread and Pasta. Dense meats like steak have also been a problem from the beginning. eggs are also a no-go from the beginning to today.

For me, it's definitely a day to day thing, and how long it's been since my last fill. In general, I can't do normal sandwhich bread. Too doughy, and my band does not like it at all. I very rarely go for bread products now, but if I do, it's usually part if a biscuit, or splurging on the top part of a piece of garlic bread. Pasta for me depends more on the type. i can do angel hair better than spaghetti, and ravioli is one of the easier ones. The last time I had pasta, I made it from scratch and rolled it out extra thin so I could enjoy some with my family. They didn't mind, and I was able to enjoy too. :)

Its interesting to see that most of you cant tolerate bread or pasta! I do eat subwa,y not very often ,but i can finish most of a 6 inch veggie! i think the surgeons used to big of a band on me cause i have never had anything stuck or had any pain when swallowing and im about at max capacity. I sort of wish i couldnt eat bread or crackers cause then maybe id see the scale move. i am a carboholic!

Hi there. I was banded Feb. 7th, 2011, and just have one fill so far. 5cc. I have never been able to eat bread since surgery. Can't eat it toasted, plain, sandwich, etc. it all gets stuck and once you get stuck you never want to try it again. It's painful. I've wondered about those 7-11 sandwiches like egg sandwich because they are soft, but i won't try one out of fear. I basically eat rice cakes. I eat them with tuna, Peanut Butter, cream cheese, regular cheese, basically anything topping works. I guess because they are crumbly they go down okay. I have to buy a lot of rice cakes because my two kids like them too. Pasta will go down if it's been cooked with like chicken broth...Lean Cuisines seem to be okay. I'm still new and figuring it out, but having anything stuck is too painful to go thru. I'm actually glad because it has removed bread for me, cake, anything like that. Less food to have to deal with. I eat a lot of greek yogurt, cottage cheese, lite and fit yogurt (I think that's the name) and lowfat cheeses. if pizza is crispy enough I can eat like one piece. I find vegetables difficult to eat, so I eat more fruit. Fresh fruit goes down pretty well, esp. watermelon.

I've just said goodbye to bread......which I don't really mind at all. Salads instead of sandwiches are okay. I order a sandwich sometimes when out to eat and just don't eat the bread.

Good luck!

i could always eat bread when I had Fluid in my band and found it a valuable food - i dont do white crap bread, but good wholegrains, half a sandwich or a slice of toast as an addition to a meal was a guaranteed rib sticker for me and would keep hunger away for hours and hours - it reduced the amounts of other foods that i could eat. At first I could eat 2 slices in a sandwich, by full restriction I coudlnt eat as much of it.

Now unfilled, I can eat normal amounts of bread - but I STILL cant eat Subway - that's actually caused a pb for me with an unfilled band! Doughy white crap stuff. Muffins and cakes also still cause me discomfort unfilled.

When I was first banded I had no issues with breads or Pasta.

After my first fill bread became an issue, rice was a problem, and Pasta was very difficult and resulted in getting stuck and PBing almost every time.

After my second fill, I can't eat any of them easily. Bread only if it's toasted so much it's dry and rice only if it's very dry and I can only have a couple of grains per bite. Pasta causes way too many issues to bother - even something thin like kraft dinner type noodles - two bites of whole grain pasta like that and I'm PBing.

I imagine I'm a little too full, but at least it stops me from eating foods that I shouldn't be eating anyway.