Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone remember me?

Hi all,

wow - there are a LOT of new people here - wonder if anyone remembers me? I haven't posted in a while and wanted to check in and say hi.

I haven't caught up with all the new posts yet, but am really sorry to hear about all the eroding/band removal ordeals that some of you have gone through - Donali emailed me to tell me about Lisa, Michelle and Penni - I hope you have all recovered from your revision surgerys - and I know it's belated but I'm sorry you've all been through so much.

I am now over two years banded - celebrated my two year "bandiversary" at halloween (!) and am happy enough with my progress I guess... At this stage, I actually realise what is meant by "the band is a tool", I can use it to help me to feel fuller, eating healthy food or I can eat rubbish and drink it all down with a large latte if I want and not lose weight. I have had a pretty rough time lately as I am suffering from depression. The last six months have been difficult and the fact that I am posting here shows me that I'm getting better! I haven't lost much weight in the last six months but I haven't put any on either, which I am choosing to regard as a triumph ;-) . I have established some really good healthy eating habits which I have managed to maintain during my 26 month band-age (!). I eat low fat probiotic yogurt with seeds for Breakfast most days, healthy lunches and dinners - my downfalls are snacking in the evenings, which can be cookies/popcorn at certain times of month - chocolate other times :) - also I am hopeless at exercise - every day I promise to get my ass moving and every night I feel guilty that I haven't. As I have had a lot of dark days recently, when I can just about get my kids to school, I have been kind of scared to go out - I'm a lot better now and hoping to join the gym again or something. Basically my good ol' band is there for me, reducing my food intake to 1/3 of what I used to eat (according to my husband) - if we indulge in a chinese or indian take-out, we usually share a meal - it used to be two seperate meals with me having tonnes of "accessories" with mine!. I haven't had any type of soda since the surgery - and drink Water, green tea, coffee and wine pretty much. I'm pleased with the weight loss, planning to go get another fill (I am 6cc in a 9cc band) soon - I take size 18/20 jeans, 16/18 tops (american sizes) and have even lost two shoe sizes. I am healthy - have only pb'd once, never have had reflux or other issues with my band - highly recommend it to anyone.

Ok sorry this is so long - hi to all my old friends - and hoping to partake of the community spirit and meet some new ones here.

thanks for reading xx

Hi Bright! I for one remember you well!:) I'm sorry you have been having problems, maybe if you come here a lot we'll make you feel better. :) :) :)

Don't you just love the fact that even when we get down and don't eat right our band lets us know? It sounds like you are still doing well with your band. You are a beautiful gal (I remember from the pictures of you) and you have always been a sweet person here on LBT. I am happy your are back!

I'll keep you in my prayers that things get better for you. If I can do anything at all to help you, please let me know!

Hugs and well wishes!:)

OF COURSE I remember you. I am so happy to see you posting again. How is ole Ireland? I still wanna get there to visit sometime.

HUGS!! I hear you on the depression issue. I fight that every day, on top of my eating now as well. It is a wonder I even get outta bed sometimes, but somehow I manage to do it. I know you will too.

So glad to see you back posting. Don't stay away so long next time.

Hi Bright! Welcome Back :)

I'm sorry to hear of your depression but like you said not gaining during depression is a triumph cuz I bet without your band you would of.

I'm so happy to see you here posting again..keep posting, it will help..we all are here for you

Hey Bright, I remember you too. Sorry about the problems, eww did you have to mention the Latte? Yes some things do go down entirely too easy, then others can send you running to spit.

Stay in touch, don't be a stranger.

Hey!!!!!! I remember you too and am glad to have you back around!!! Some of us oldies are still here......most of us you can't make go away.....

Stick around and maybe the depression will hit the door....Missed you!

Hi Bright,

I remember you too and glad to see your back. I've been off of LBT most of last year too. Just got busy and wasn't losing. I hear you about the "triumph" of just maintaining. I need to get serious again too. Best wishes, Teresa

Oh it's so good to see you posting! Welcome back! Please don't go for so long again, okay? Even if you don't feel it, you are a ray of sunshine here. I have missed you! Get back on the bandwagon, girlie. Cut back on the lattes...liquid calories are EVIL, I say! You can do this.

How's school going? Are you done yet? Hang in there and stay in touch.

BRIGHT!!! Great to see you, girlie girl!! You too, Teresa!! It's old home week here at LBT, ladies and gentlemen. :) :) :)

Maintaining IS success, ladies. Don't you ever think otherwise. Think back on all the past diets and failed weight-loss attempts and realize you are in the middle of the most successful project you have ever undertaken on this score. If you want to lose more weight someday, you will, but in the meantime relish the fact that you are STABLE!! What a revelation! To be not worrying every single day that two Cookies will increase your weight by a pound, never to come off. This is a new world, people, and we're living it!

I'm so glad to see the two of you; there aren't enough long-termers here and I hope you come back and post again. I miss you!!!

Hey Bright! I remember you.... Its great to see you back. Hang in there, and come here for support.. its great you know... ((((((((hugs)))))))

Bright! Welcome back!!!!!

I'm so glad to see you post and I hope that the dark clouds have lifted enough for a little sun to peak into your world.

I went through an episode of depression myself this fall so I can relate.

Fill us in on your life...how's your family? School? Etc!!

Megan

Bright! I have really missed you! Every time I have wasabi I think of you. The story you told the skinny bitches of you diet of oxtail Soup with wasabi....

Depression has hit me as well, I've got my first appt with a shrink today, I just can't stand the sadness I've been in lately.

Glad to see you back! Please stick around and chat more often and you too Teresa.

HEY BRIGHT!!!! dang girl! you brought eveyone out of the woodworks to say HI!!!!

i defintally consider your maintaining TRIUMPH!!! i think one thing that happens to us is the bands "newness" wears off, things return to normal.

is it winter in ireland? i know during winter months here with shorter days, and not being able to go out and do much "winter blues" is quite common. its like depression that sets in from less activity, lack of sunlight and overindulgence during the holidays.

take care bright, i hope to hear from you soon!

michelle

Hey Bright You will always be remembered here on LBT!!! There are lots of new people but us old people still hang out here to!!! Welcome back and don't leave us for so long again!!! Congratulations on your 2 year bandiversary and with your cotinued success!!!! Sorry you have had a hard time. I hope the new year brings you lots of happy healthy days!!! Keep your chin up and no more depression okay... come here and talk out those problems and we will be glad to help!!!

I"m one of the new ones, but I am so proud of your two year journey! I think you're right: it is a good sign that you are posting here again, and hope you continue to get better and better! Nice to meet you, Cindy