Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No, shoot, I forgot to get some Vitamins. I will get some today. I need something. I am about the break down and have some coffee. Does anyone know why they would say no caffiene?

the reason some say no coffee is because the caffein dehydrates you and its hard enough to get all your Water in the first wk or so.

My Drs said caffeine can cause ulcers due to the caffeine sitting in the port too long. It can be dangerous similar to why they say no AdviL. I quit my wonderful espressos/cappucinos before surgery and haven't had any since. I drink green tea now. I really don't miss the buzz.

Dont understand what you mean by "sitting in the port" how does coffee sit in the port? do you mean the small stomach? it is a liquid it flows right through...huummm

I'm not suprised that you are experiencing fatigue. FYI when asked my doctor said "Why can't you have regular coffee?". The Nut said "Well I would have one cup (read 8 oz) of regular coffee to get you going in the morning and then Decaf for the rest of the day. So I do. Does'nt help that I live in the great frozen tundra that is northern NE and it's COOOOOOLLDDDDDD.

the reason being for no caffeine,is because it dehydrates if your a heavy drinker.i personally drink my morning coffee as that is one thing i refuse to give up..as long as i get all my Water in in i am fine

Caffiene can ulcerate the pouch. I dont drink it and dont miss it. It irritated the hell out of my stomach after surgery. I would say increase your Water and I wouldnt be doing B-12 Vitamins unless you are deficient in them. I am a year plus post op and I do not take supplements and my Vitamin levels are just fine. If your vitamin levels are fine you are only putting out expensive pee because your body will not use it if you dont need it.

I feel your pain or should say I felt your pain. Coming off of my beloved full caffeine coffee was awful, headaches, fatigue, I couldn't hold my head up in the afternoon. I do take my Vitamins and drink coffee but only half caffeine. I seem to be doing fine now. I know that first 2 weeks I was more fatigued which I attributed to the surgery. I try to drink more herbal tea with milk and splenda and don't want to go back to my caffeine intake pre banding. The withdrawals I experienced coming off the caffeine was alarming to me. I know drink less than 1/2 of what I used to and all is good.

Ok I was banded this past Monday and I am back to work today. My biggest complaint it I am SO TIRED. Like can't keep my eyes open tired. I know it is because of not having coffee or caffiene. Can someone give me tips? I have to make it through work and right now all I would liek is a corner to go curl up in and take a nap!! Help!!

i drink a whole pot every morning,and it dosent bother me.the reason they tell not drink it is because caffiene can make you dehydrate,and also irritate your belly.that choice is totally up to you