Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've been zapped! Laser Weight Loss

Chris called me at work today stunned that the laser center called to check on him. He's a simple guy, so that really impressed him. They asked how he's doing, and he said, "F-ING AWFUL, I'M LOSING MY MIND." So they encouraged him to go for a booster treatment. He went all on his own (that's like a kid making a dentist appointment on his own.)

Tonight Chris was much better. Whether or not it's the lasers, he felt pretty special in the lobby as the guy who hadn't smoked since Saturday. That's huge for him - HUGE.

As for me, I can't say if it's the laser treatment or not, but I've been able to avoid a table of goodies at work all week. My favorites - fudge, choco covered pretzles and more. I haven't snacked since de-banding. I've stuck to 1200-1400 calories, and my belly actually hurts - not from band removal but the sweet burn of too many sit ups.

So far, so good. Who cares if lasers work, I'll try anything at this point!

That's great DeLarla. It's very inspiring to see you succeed without the band. My insurance decided not to cover it anymore (after I did all the work trying to set it up) and I decided I will lose weight without a Lap Band.

It's been very hard so far, but seeing you do it proves weightloss is possible, and gives me hope!

Thanks for sharing.

See, if Chris hasnt smoked since Saturday, then the zapping has already (literally) paid for itself.

Actually, the hardest part of the nicotine cravings are over - the first 3 days are the worst. Just keep reminding him of that.

And Im with you on the "Ill try anything" stuff... thats why Im asking about it. :confused:

Yeah, I swore off all diets & weird tricks, but I'll do ANYTHING to help my hubby quit smoking. He's feeling just a tad better right now, but he's scared to death of leaving the house. He's been holed up ever since Saturday.

When my boyfriend quit smoking over a year ago he was sooo moody and irrational since he had smoked since he was 8 or 9 - so 20 years of smoking. He did not leave the house or go out with me in public for like 3-4 months! Even if there was a cigarette on TV - he'd flip the channel even if we were in the middle of a program. One night I came home so mad at him because I had won free tickets to a comedy club off the radio and was soo excited about it - but he had only been smoke free for a short time - he never was man enough to say he wasn't strong enough to go into a smoking environment yet. Instead he made me think he was just being an A-hole for saying he didn't want to go so I scrounged all night and found a friend to go with me but after I'd been thinking all night about how he ditched me on something that would have been so much fun - I came home all hopped up and mad going off on him about what a bad boyfriend he was to make me go alone until I found a friend at the last minute and only then did he really confess that he couldn't handle being in public around smokers yet. It took a good 4 months before his moodiness finally settled down - I didn't think we were going to make it though it! Its so hard and your a good woman to stick by him Delarla! I've been there too!

The laser weight loss is an accupressure type procedure, using low level (usually cold) lasers to suppress the nerve that causes hunger and cravings. The theory makes sense. For $30 I'd test it a time or two. Maybe it IS a good thing. Good luck, and keep us posted... I'd be in a size 7 by now if I could quit craving chocolate and frappecinno's!

Wow, Candysmooch! You just described my husband! He refuses to leave the house. I went country dancing alone the other night. I can't wait to get home to read your post to him! This morning he said he wanted to buy a pack of smokes. Our backyard faces the gas station where he bought his cigs, and he stands at the wall and stares at the gas station for 20 minutes several times a day. He used to stand at that wall smoking, watching the traffic and the cars at the gas station. He's having a really rough time. I told him to start focusing on all the good, and he actually told me, "The garage doesn't stink any more, does it?"

Chris always wakes up in his sleep and says, "Hold me." But I always told him he smelled too bad. How sad. Then he'd try to put his arm around me but I'd push it away because his fingers were like ashtrays. Now when he kisses me he smells like chocolate pudding and baked goods. Now I'm the one cuddling up next to him, so I reminded him of all these wonderful things. He sleeps like a peaceful baby now, and before it was awful snoring and gross, scary noises.

Thanks for asking, Paula, because I'm going to show him all the support he has right here :)

As far as me, I have not gone back for a 2nd treatment because I'm not struggling right now. I have been very fortunately blessed by the Willpower Fairy (out of the blue, I have no idea where this willpower came from.) So if I start struggling again, I'll go get a treatment. This place uses a warm laser.

I am, however, very disappointed with all the BULLSHIP advertisement from this laser center. Tons of commercials on all the radio and TV stations with people saying they smoked 3 packs a day for 20 years and left the first treatment cured. Damn liars! Our friend, CJ, also went for his treatment and is 1 week smoke free, but his whole family tells me how awful he is to live with. So maybe the treatments help to some degree (with Chris they help right afterwards for the day.) But they certainly don't turn smokers into non-smokers with just a few treatments.

I have not gone in for a 2nd treatment myself.

Tell Chris I'm proud of him..my husband gave up smoking for the New Year and I' loving it..I love to kiss & hug him now, sex has never been better. I used to hate to have him close to me cuz he would reak of ciggarette smoke and I'm a smoker but not a 2 pk a day smoker like he was..I smoke a pack in 3 days I wash my hands after every cigarette and have a mint or something to make my breath smell good.

It has been the toughest thing my husband has ever done but he has done it so far..it has only been 17 days though. He is like Chris, he sleeps better, feels better and seems to have become a better father from it spending more time with the boys. Way to go Chris, you too Lisa for this new found will power..I think I need to start calling you now for support..being bandless is tough. I'm working my head like never before..exercising more since the weight is not coming off and Iam able to eat larger portions. No weight gain so far though and I'm tickled pink about it!

Oh yes Delarla - do point out about the sex issue because that is going to start getting wayyyyyyyyy better! It was a huge thing with Jon and he slightly embarrasses me a little when friends ask why he wanted to quit and his main reason was because he couldn't make love to his old lady without feeling like he was going to die afterwards from being out of breath - now it is much more comfortable - he doesn't look like he's going to pass out trying to catch his breath afterwards and he's only been smoke free for 1 year but the effects in the bedroom were noticeable almost immediately. Tell him to keep it up!:) - (no pun intended, well ok yea I did intend :heh:)

ok Ms. Delarla...some time has passed... what's the verdict ? Really works or Rip-off?