Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pause in weight loss

Well, folks, I've joined the club. I've not lost one pound, in fact, I've gained one instead. It is a bummer but I know why. I guess we all just have to wait until our fills. My doc calls it the "green light" phase, where you're losing and eating with no problems.

My first fill is not until March 29. Should be interesting!

Oh, and I finally got my new Asics, in the right size, so I have been walking! Now I am off to order the new sports bra. Enell.com here I come! LOL :P

Ok, now I'm hear to cheer y'all up! I had the week or not losing and now I dropped a couple over the past few days. Apparently, this is normal but we are all just anxious! I know I am!

As for the Constipation, yeah, I'm still there, too. Oy!

It is amazing to me that almost all of us have the lull in the weight loss around the same time. I go for my fill on 3/22 and I cannot wait. I've been good on my own but I'm looking to lose the hunger pains that I have to fight through.

WE WILL DO THIS!!!

BTW, does anyone communicate with smokey? I am a little worried. She was sooo active on here and now she has vanished. I'm worried also because she has mentioned in passing that she has had a tough time with her abusive ex. I don't mean to worry anyone else but I was hoping that maybe someone communicates with her personally.

I thought it was just me! I have been exercising and am still in the mushies phase. I seem to have experienced a lack in weight loss this week. Also, I am also pretty constipated (TMI). Glad to read I am not alone.

I haven't seen anything from smokey either... And am worried bout her too... Hopefully she is just off on a vacation... Hope she is ok..

SMOKEY!?! Wherefore art thou? :):unsure:

I'm joining this boat...I lost 18lbs between preop and the first week after and have stayed the same ever since! Grr... I find it hard to believe with the small amounts I am eating I am maintaining! Justplaintired...you're giving me some hope.:blink:

Hello All, I was banded 2/10/10 and had lost 12lbs after 3 weeks. I was disappointed bc I had been eating so few calories. Glad I got on here to here this may just be OK. I should have gone another week of mushies but just couldn't take it so I'm not eating regular food but chewing to mush. Unfortunately, I've been hanging with friends and partaking in cocktails which I know are NOT good :(.

I have heard that alcohol slows the process. Is that correct?

Update on the exercise and continued slow weight loss. Well I added 1/2 hour of walking per day last week and at first it was a bit tough. I started out at a fast clip but by the end I was shambling along. I still was able to do about a mile though. I did notice something funny though, no knee or back pain like there was when I was at my highest weight of 390 pounds (that's why I stopped walking in favor or the stationary bike). At 339 that pain is now mostly gone....:unsure: I can only imagine what joy in movement I can expect when I am finally under 300 pounds.

My average blood pressure is dropping too so good things are already happening.

I am going to see the surgeon later this afternoon for my first fill, I hope it's not a stingy one as I can now eat most anything and could eat more that I am supposed to if I wasn't careful.

I am starting to get hungry now that solid foods are on the menu again, strange I wasn't all that hungry till recently but a meal doesn't stave off hunger 4-6 hours at this point and it feels like the food is just slipping through the pouch pretty quickly.

The not drinking before and after a meal is harder than I thought it would be. It takes a lot of will power for me to do that. I would drink 2-3 20 oz tumblers of Water with every meal before the banding now just a sip only if necessary.

I'll report back on the fill in the fill thread I noticed for our group and let you know how it went.

Keep thinking good thoughts and remember to HUT Hut hut in the exercise as well as watching the food intake.

Bye for now.

Okay so I was banded in dec and was loosing really good it has taken me a long time to get from 46 lbs to 51! Ahhh Oh well it has been hard it has happened lets hope no more set backs!