Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Possible over-fil on first fill???

So I had my first fill yesterday. I have a 10cc band that had .5cc's already in it. The doctor put another 1.5cc's in for a total of 2 ccs. The doctor recommended liquids yesterday and mooshy today. Since the fill I have had a very hard time getting fluids down and its impossible to do anything else (even just mooshy foods). Before my fill I didn't feel any restriction so I find it hard to believe that I could be over-filled already. I hear a lot about swelling after fills as well as after vomiting and think that must be it. I am nervous though. I don't live in the same city as my lap-band doctor (2 hour plane ride away, 13 hour drive) and am not sure what to do. Should I wait a couple of days or should I call the doctor now? Am I overly worried?

You are right, you may have swelling. When I have been too tight after a fill I drank watered down Protein Shakes. However, I must say that there were a few times I suffered longer than necessary. I finally broke down and had a slight unfill and still had restriction. That's too bad your doc. is so far away- hopefully you will feel better in a day or two. If not I would call. Good luck!

I would call him, I doubt you are too full. But yea, probably just swelling. i was on liquids 24hrs after my fill. Then after that food felt funny for a few days.

First thing I would do is see if you could find a doctor in your area to administer your fills. 13 hour drives or getting on a plane to get a filled is probably the last thing in the world I would want to do.

I got filled two days ago. 3.5 CCs in a 10cc band. I had a little swelling at night where I'd burp up liquids, but today I'm fine.

find a fill doctor in your own state and go in there ASAP>

As long as you are able to get down and keep down at least 48oz (and ideally 64oz+) of Water plus some thin Protein Drinks a would wait it out for a couple of days. If not I would see if there is somewhere else you can go (dr office or er) to have a slight unfill as you can begin to dehydrate within 24 hrs and end up in the hospital within 48 hrs. I just went through this myself with my 2nd fill and ended up having .5cc removed (now @ 4.5ccs in a 10cc band and feel much better. Best of luck!

First thing I would do is see if you could find a doctor in your area to administer your fills. 13 hour drives or getting on a plane to get a filled is probably the last thing in the world I would want to do.

I got filled two days ago. 3.5 CCs in a 10cc band. I had a little swelling at night where I'd burp up liquids, but today I'm fine.

find a fill doctor in your own state and go in there ASAP>

I have had 2 - 1 cc fills and didn't feel anything other than the discomfort from the numbing needle. I didn't even stay on the liquids only as I was supposed to do this past Monday ... makes me think I will need a few more CC's in my band to feel some restriction. I know everyone is different and I'm grateful for no complications thus far.