Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 weeks (almost) since TT, MR & Lipo and loving my new look

Hello!

I still experience some back pain towards the end of the day and still have some trouble sleeping comfortably. Do I have any regrets - HELL NO! I'm so very pleased with the way my clothes fit. I feel great and actually think that I look really good - this is a milestone for me as I haven't felt good about my appearance in over 20 years. I walk back straight (don't have a choice with this girdle :D ) and head high.

My husband is very pleased too as I'm a lot more frisky these days. I'm 49 and have big plans to wear a 2 piece bathing suit this summer - perhaps in the privacy of my backyard; in the recent past, I wouldn't have considered this as an option no matter what setting ...

Okay this is going to sound stupid, but it's exciting to see my belly button and my mons area without the sagging stomach. I'm still a little swollen but if it doesn't get any better than this and I don't lose another pound, I'm a very happy girl.

Yes, this was indeed the icing on the (weight loss) cake.

Many congratulations!!!! I am in almost exactly the same boat as you (45yo) just had a TT and breast lift/aug on 1/10 and have never felt better!!! I am so happy to read about someone else who is as thrilled with their results as I am - good for you! My husband is also *very happy*! Plus, he sees that the weight loss and surgery have boosted my self-esteem and happiness beyond the stratosphere, which I'm sure makes me much easier to live with!!

It's also reassuring to hear that you also are experiencing back fatigue (well, it's not 'good' but you know what I mean!!) because I am too and was a bit worried...I have a question for you, how long does your PS think you'll need to wear your compression garment? Also, do you still have some swelling? I have some but PS isn't concerned, and I am also a few weeks behind you - 4 week mark on Monday.

I soooooooo get the "seeing the belly-button and mons thing" too - have to lift a chunk of flab was beyond awful...

Again, congrats on your surgery, hope your recuperation continues to go well!!

Hello!

I still experience some back pain towards the end of the day and still have some trouble sleeping comfortably. Do I have any regrets - HELL NO! I'm so very pleased with the way my clothes fit. I feel great and actually think that I look really good - this is a milestone for me as I haven't felt good about my appearance in over 20 years. I walk back straight (don't have a choice with this girdle :D ) and head high.

My husband is very pleased too as I'm a lot more frisky these days. I'm 49 and have big plans to wear a 2 piece bathing suit this summer - perhaps in the privacy of my backyard; in the recent past, I wouldn't have considered this as an option no matter what setting ...

Okay this is going to sound stupid, but it's exciting to see my belly button and my mons area without the sagging stomach. I'm still a little swollen but if it doesn't get any better than this and I don't lose another pound, I'm a very happy girl.

Hello Ruthpets -

Thanks! and a BIG congrats to you too. The PS told me I could ditch the CG (girdle) during my visit last week (6 weeks out), I told him I was planning to hold on to it for dear life - of course he laughed. I tried living w/o it for a day and was very uncomfortable and actually swelled to the point that I was in extreme pain for the first time in weeks. I put it back on the next day and don't plan to give it up anytime soon.

I called him this past Tuesday to see if wearing it would cause me any harm and he said no, though he suggested that I consider a panty girdle to wean myself. I really wanted to get the girls done and get the lift/aug at the same time but chickened out. How is that going? I think that I'll get my breast done this spring. If not, I'll wait until the fall. Continue to hang in there.

By the way, yes, I still have swelling tend to get worse by the end of my work day. Also, I went swimming a couple days ago, swam 200 meters felt great. The downside, I woke up in pain 2 days later - felt like I'd done 1000 or more stomach crunches - much better today. I'll try again next week and swim perhaps 100 meters instead of 200.

Hello!

Congrats.

Hello!

Congratulations! Please do share some before and after pics.

Congrats! I'm 2.5 weeks out from my TT w/MR. I love it too! My Doc removed 8lbs of tissue. This is the second best thing Ive ever done, getting Banded being the first.

Losing so much weight revealed a curvy figure I didn't know I had at 344lbs. And with the traditional TT, I was afraid it would square my waist. I feared that I needed the extended tuck to preserve my curves and that getting the tradtional was a budgetary sacrifice. But WOW was I wrong. My hourglass is even more prominent, and I'm STILL hunched and swollen. I cant wait to see what the final outcome will be. Maybe next year I'll get to the boobs but right now I'm just so happy.

Btw what kind of CG do you wear? I'm using the post-surgical binder and a Flexees girdle together, but sometimes i think I could use more compression (might be losing weight).

Congratulations and Thanks! I wear Design Veronique brand, I'm currently wearing style 850, which were ordered by the PS. I ordered new garments from the PS office last week, I'm getting styles 1653H and 1450 - same brand.

PS told me to stop wearing but I feel so much more comfortable with it that I'll hold off for awhile; especially since he said it wouldn't cause any problems to continue wearing. I ordered new ones that don't have zippers and also a size smaller as the current garments are starting to bunch up along the side of the zippers. More importantly, I tend not to swell as much with the girdles on.

PS said that once the weather heats up I'll be happy to ditch them :D

Congrats on your PS. I was wondering (I know its personal) but can you all give me a aprox price you paid for theTT - Breast lift/aug, Its to soon for my to get any consults. Yet I want to start to save my $$$$ and I have no idea what im looking at. Thanks

3/11/10

Congrats on your PS. I was wondering (I know its personal) but can you all give me a aprox price you paid for theTT - Breast lift/aug, Its to soon for my to get any consults. Yet I want to start to save my $$$$ and I have no idea what im looking at. Thanks

3/11/10

Thanks! Fortunately, my insurance BCBS MA paid for everything. The TT w/MR was 100% covered, the Lipo (upper stomach) and moving my port was a gift from the PS. I plan to get the breast aug done in the fall allowing me the opportunity to save the money needed to cover the surgery, which based on consults the range $5,800-$6,400. I hope this helps.

Wishing you continued success.

I am two weeks out of TT and Breast Lift. I paid just under $11K.

My question for you is if you have swellng below your pubic suture line. I feel like it looks like I have a "package" down there. I hope it will improve but that is a big worry of mine. Was this ever a concern of yours?

Julie

I am two weeks out of TT and Breast Lift. I paid just under $11K.

My question for you is if you have swellng below your pubic suture line. I feel like it looks like I have a "package" down there. I hope it will improve but that is a big worry of mine. Was this ever a concern of yours?

Julie

Congratulations!!!

Yes, it's still puffy down in the mons area. It's crazy but my husband thinks it's sexy - go figure. I told a friend recently I no longer have a V but a U in that area now. The PS told me before surgery that this was a possibility and that he would need to do Lipo in the area to eliminate it. I recently had some lipo in the right side of my incision to get rid of dog ear and planned to discuss the mons area with the PS (this Tuesday 4/5) but I think it would break my DH heart if the puffy went away - not sure what I'll do.

My biggest concern now are the girls. I want breast augmentation but want the same surgeon to do it; unfortunately, he works through a hospital and the cost ($13,000) is twice that of a PS that has a surgical suite in his office.

It's nice to hear the happiness in your post. Wow! It sounds like a life changing experience. I had Lipo on my hips about 15 years ago and never regretted it even when i gained weight i had a not so bad looking figure. Please do post some before and after pics if you feel comfortable. Once again, congratulations!

Dear cherish, great pix of your tummy, it looks fabulous! I know you said BCBS paid but do you have any clue what they paid? It looks like you really had a great surgeon and a great result...I am sort of saving my pennies because I dont think my plan will cover...thanks!

Dear cherish, great pix of your tummy, it looks fabulous! I know you said BCBS paid but do you have any clue what they paid? It looks like you really had a great surgeon and a great result...I am sort of saving my pennies because I dont think my plan will cover...thanks!

Hi Xavier,

Thanks! It actually looks better now, the PS said that in another 2-3 months I'll see the final results. Fortunately and unfortunately, I've not seen any of the costs - never received anything from the hospital, PS or insurance after the surgery. I absolutely love the PS and recommend him highly. I will be going back in another week to get a minor adjustment - I have what they call a "dog ear" on the right side (at the end of my incision). The doc did some Lipo in his office a few weeks ago; however it's still there and he'll remove the excess skin under local in his office.

Don't hesitate contacting me should you have any additional questions. I wish you continued success.

Hi!

I'm so glad to read everyone's responses! I had a TT and Lipo on my hips on 4/6. Today is a bad day - massive back pain and can't stand up straight. Swelling seems even worse above the incision. I pushed the surgeon to remove my drain earlier than he wanted and now I have to get my left hip drained once a week (but, I'd much rather that then have had the drains longer. Those things made me feel SOOOOO miserable) I am also have some separation of my belly button. The surgeon's office said it's hard to re-stitch it and it's normal to have some so I'm keping it covered since it's so freakish to see a hole there.

I can't wait to see the final results. That's the down side to this, the recovery is really long so it's almost a let-down at first. I paid the money and am doing the pain - I want a flat tummy! :-) But the surgeon removed 5 lbs of skin and 3 lbs of fat with the lipo. And every time go in he 'reminds' me about the 20lbs I have left to lose...sigh. He's lucky he's cute!

I was thinking I was doing something wrong or had a problem since my back hurts so badly at the end of the day and I still have a lot of swelling. I knew coming to the forum would make me feel better! I haven't taken my pain meds in quite a while since they make me sleepy and the muscle relaxers don't seem to do anything. Of course, he didn't have to touch the muscles in my stomach to tighten them so maybe that's why.

I'm saving up for my arms next. TT cost me $6500, not sure what the arms will be.