Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I AM STARVING ON PRE-OP DIET

Seriously, i am so hungry tonight. i wish i could have just another Soup as a meal. i am soooooo hungry and i still have 5 more days of this..then one day of Clear Liquids. the lord is punishing me for being fat.

hahahaha no, the surgeon is just preparing your liver ;) Hang in there! You'll look back on this as your first stepping stone. It also makes the post op diet easier to transition to.

I have been getting creative with my pre-op diet and live off of broth & Jello. What is your pre-op diet? Keep you eye on the prize!

Seriously, i am so hungry tonight. i wish i could have just another Soup as a meal. i am soooooo hungry and i still have 5 more days of this..then one day of clear liquids. the lord is punishing me for being fat.

Prtien baby...seriously ...only thing that cuts down the hunger. Muscle Milk rocks....try it...get the vanilla creme because the chocolate is a poor imitation of a true chocolate taste....and the vanilla perhaps you could even add flavors to. 22 g of Protein per 14 oz shake....easy to get in enough that way.

I was able to drink slim fast as my shake. That really helped. Then I had my broth. And when my hunger was unbearable, I had as many jellos as I needed just to keep me going. Its not easy but try to keep yourself busy too. I'm two days after operation and I have to say that I'm not struggling now with the hunger. So, it does help to do this now. It will be easier later.

Good Luck!!!

The Jello & broth are my saviors. I have at least 4 jellos in the fridge ready to go. So I don't get off track. I went to a 2 movie's and I love popcorn. I just took 2 jellos with me to keep me busy. Every time I just ate 1 Jello. I always carry back up food with me in case I get hungry.

How did your surgery go? How do you feel? Keep me posted. I get banded this Wednesday. Have a great weekend!

I was able to drink slim fast as my shake. That really helped. Then I had my broth. And when my hunger was unbearable, I had as many jellos as I needed just to keep me going. Its not easy but try to keep yourself busy too. I'm two days after operation and I have to say that I'm not struggling now with the hunger. So, it does help to do this now. It will be easier later.

Good Luck!!!

I wish I could drink shakes. My pre-op diet is 3oz Protein and 1 cup vegetables for each meal. Snacks are Jello and broth. They said if I need I can increase the portions, but do not cheat with other food. That is it!!

My surgery date is also this Wednesday, 2/9.

What helps me is I wait as long as I can in the morning to have Breakfast. If I occupy myself I am not in a rush and that helps with getting hungry in between meals.

well today is my last day - clear liquids only. so todays menu is: Jello, broth, Water, juice and ice pops. i made it through this whole week, my boyfriend just told me my face already looks thinner. I AM STARVING! but i am cleaning our house like a crazy person trying to get my mind off food.

tomorrow is the big day and i am scared and hungry. lol i am more hungry then scared actually.

LOL POOR THING

I HAVENT STARTED MINE YET

START 1200 CALS TOMORROW FO RTWO WEEKS THEN 2 DAYS CLEAR liquid

SURG DATE IS 2/23/11

Seriously, i am so hungry tonight. i wish i could have just another Soup as a meal. i am soooooo hungry and i still have 5 more days of this..then one day of clear liquids. the lord is punishing me for being fat.

JerseyMom29, It sounds like your doctor is trying to get you in the habit of band eating. Your diet is basically what my doctor recommends for post op eating, once your allowed back on solids. Until you have restriction it will be all about will power so this is good practice.

Thanks god for this site as it takes up time so I don't think about how hungry I am. I more day & then I am banded. Hang in there all!

I have been getting creative with my pre-op diet and live off of broth & Jello. What is your pre-op diet? Keep you eye on the prize!

Hey I am wed at 10am too band sister! Good luck! See you on the other side!

K

I wish I could drink shakes. My pre-op diet is 3oz Protein and 1 cup vegetables for each meal. Snacks are Jello and broth. They said if I need I can increase the portions, but do not cheat with other food. That is it!!

My surgery date is also this Wednesday, 2/9.

What helps me is I wait as long as I can in the morning to have Breakfast. If I occupy myself I am not in a rush and that helps with getting hungry in between meals.