Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"sweet spot", how many cc's to reach yours?

Everyone is different with the "sweet spot" (which is where you have the best restriction with food and able to keep down water). My doctor said I am right in the range (currently at 6.0), two fills ago I was put up to 6.2 (seemed fine at the time and then the next day not so much). This last time he tried to get me to 6.4 (according to the flouro it was good) again next day not so much. It does take time to get to the good restriction/sweet spot. I am right there and can reach it but just taking some time.

Just do what is good for you and not where everyone else is at. My doc has people at the sweet spot between 2 and 7.5 (most in the 60% range)

I just got my third fill on tuesday morning. I have 9 ccs in a 12cc band. i feel like that is alot of cc's, and the dr said i should have been ok with 6-7 cc's. with 9cc i get full faster and definatly eat less but i dont have problems with soda or bread and i am hungry again 3 hours later. Does anyone else have 9 or more cc's in their band and have this problem?

I just got my third fill on tuesday morning. I have 9 ccs in a 12cc band. i feel like that is alot of cc's, and the dr said i should have been ok with 6-7 cc's. with 9cc i get full faster and definatly eat less but i dont have problems with soda or bread and i am hungry again 3 hours later. Does anyone else have 9 or more cc's in their band and have this problem?

Hello,

I know that bread and generally the most common food to get stuck in our pouches. My doctor/nutritionist forbid any carbonated beverages, they can stretch the pouch out and make it like not being banded. Does your doctor/nutritionist allow carbonated beverages?

Joan

Wow. that's a bit scary. I just had the surgery on Friday 2/4. I lost 16 lbs pre-op and 5 lbs post op. In my support group (put on bvy my surgeons office) they talk all the time about the sweet spot, and also encourage speaking up if you are battling hunger. They say you should not have to endure severe hunger. If you do, it's time for a fill. I agree, i would be searching for another doctor. What state are you located in?.

I was at dr on Jan 25. I didn't get a fill, but I wanted one. I haven't had one yet. I answered all the questions and then he told me I didn't need one. I did the flouro and he showed me my band and said it looks like I do have restriction. I have about 2cc in my band from surgery. I told him I am fighting hunger every hour of the day. He told me there really is not a sweet spot, that its a myth. Told me that willpower is a very big part of it. I am losing weight, about 1 lb a week, and my dr likes it that way. I am feeling a bit depressed. I thought I would get some more help from my band with appetite control. If I could do all this myself, why did I spend all the money and effort on my band? I go back in 6wk, so hopefully I can convince him for a fill.

Hi Ladybug,

My surgery was December 2nd. I've lost only 9 pounds since then. :( I am definetly looking forward to my fill on Friday! When is your next fill scheduled for? I agree that my appetite and capacity are about the same as pre-band.

Joan

My next fill is scheduled for Tuesday 15th I'll keep you posted.

You need to look for another Doctor. The whole purpose of the lap band is to feel a restriction when eating. If he does not want to do a fill, then you need to find another Doctor. Tell him that he needs to go back to training about the lap band since he does not know what he is doing.

I have a 10cc band and have good restriction with 5.8cc in it. My best friend has the same band with 6.5cc and can eat pretty much anything. Everyone is different. Some people don't realize what a small amount a cc is. Its virtually just a few drops. A 10cc band has a total capacity of 1 teaspoon! You really can't compare yours with someone elses!

ive only had 4 cc's and i feel 0 restriction! seems like i'm losing weight on my own will power!!

10c band, 4 fills, 5.6 cc and right now I can not imagine ever getting another fill. I went 11 months and thought I had pretty good restriction but I could always eat quite a bit of food, but I was losing on average 10 pounds a month so I was under the impression this was good restriction. Then I had a month where I lost 2 pounds and I was always hungry. I got my 4th fill. Night and Day. I am eating like they say you should, about 1 cup at a meal. It has been a completely new learning experience with this fill. It's been 2 weeks and I finally think I've adjusted. I just can not take that one more bite, or I am miserable. Honestly didn't think I would ever be able to eat just 1 cup of food. I think I am finally at my sweet spot.

I agree that my fills help a lot with just not being so hungry. I get full faster too. Fills help me eat much slower. Going out to restaurants with others is kind of a joke. I always have to take most of my food home. I am grateful because I am a food addict and was never able to do for myself what the band does for me. I have 7ccs at this point. My surgery was 2/7/2011. Lost about 45 lbs now. Thanks.

My sweet spot (when I first reached it) was around 7ccs in a 14cc band. That stopped most of my hunger, and prevented me from eating a lot--normal, small-sized portions, but no more than that unless I wanted it to come back up and/or make me VERY uncomfortable. Since I was first banded, I have slowly gone up to about 9.5ccs to keep my hunger down. Although I'm going in for a very tiny fill tomorrow, I've been maintaining my weight with between 9 and 10ccs in my band for over a year now.

What does tha restriction feel like? And where do you feel it at? Sometime if i take too big of a bite food goes down extra slow down my throat! It's pretty scary!

I am not sure what that restriction feeling feels like either lately. The only time I felt restricted was when I first had surgery for the first two weeks. That feeling was great! I have a Large AP band 14cc capacity. As of this Monday, my band is filled with 8 1/2 cc. So far, I dont feel any restriction. I can eat as much as 2 cups or more of food with no difficulty (which I should not).

This past Monday the technician told me that I should probably not return to get another fill till in 3 weeks, and even then most likely I would not get a fill since I already have more than 8cc in my band. I completely disagree. If I was put a 14cc band then it obviously holds 14cc's. So I will be going back in 2 weeks to get a fill. I am a cash patient and I need the band to work out for me.

I also plan on going on an all liquid diet for at least a week. That should get me to feel what drinking only liquids is all about and hopefully help me to only eat 1/2 - 1 cup of food.< /p>

Has anyone gone through this? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Also, does anyone know of any support groups is San Antonio Texas? The one for true results is only the second Wednesday of every month and I am not able to go.

I have 3.25cc in my 10cc band. I am not hungry if I eat what I am suppose to and do not drink with meals. I can feel full for 3 to 4 hours. I am not as hungry as I use to be. I only have a little trouble with the band being tight in the mornings. But I have not lost anything since the second week of April which is frustrating. I have been about 1200 calories or less each day and I walk 5 miles per day...guess this is a plateau? I get another fill the first week of June if needed. I think I need it. (My surgery was jan. 27th and I have lost about 24 pounds.

I have 3.25cc in my 10cc band. I am not hungry if I eat what I am suppose to and do not drink with meals. I can feel full for 3 to 4 hours. I am not as hungry as I use to be. I only have a little trouble with the band being tight in the mornings. But I have not lost anything since the second week of April which is frustrating. I have been about 1200 calories or less each day and I walk 5 miles per day...guess this is a plateau? I get another fill the first week of June if needed. I think I need it. (My surgery was jan. 27th and I have lost about 24 pounds.