Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm back!

It's been so long since I've visited LBT that many people won't know (or care) that I was gone. . . but I've been thinking about everyone, and when I had a dream last night about meeting a lot of you from your before-and-after pictures, I knew I had to stop by again!

I had a total abdominal hysterectomy in October, and wasn't posting much even before the surgery because I was in pain and doped up. Now, three months later, I'm pretty well recovered from the operation, although I had a lot of nasty, mostly unrelated, back/nerve pain over the past several months. And I was being a very bad bandster indeed. Not only was I unable to exercise since I couldn't really move for several weeks, I got into a horrible comfort-food habit, meaning ice cream, candy, you name it, even though I had lost a few pounds right after the surgery. It's amazing that I didn't creep back up over the 200-lb. mark.

Well, I swore off not only LBT but most of my computer activities for several months because I was spending too much time sitting (not to mention wasting time when I had a lot of other work and school stuff to do). And while I won't be visiting as often as I used to -- meaning several times a day -- I sure need the support and incredible humor of LBT.

Thanks to everyone who sent me messages over the past several months; I will answer them this week. I apologize for falling off the face of the earth. Right now I'm doing well, and ready to start a new challenge. Anybody interested in losing 20 lbs. in 26 weeks?

There you are! We have missed you and needed your big boot a few times, too. Glad you are recovering.

I thought of you when my sister had her hysterectomy Dec 1st. Remember fibroid tumor girl? No longer, and she's feeling better already. She's lost almost 20 pounds since her surgery. Her feet no longer swell (not sure exactly why they did) so she's not retaining Water like she used to. I hope you are enjoying good health as time passes.

Okay, there are a few challenges going on these days so jump in on one. I have sworn them off for a while. I guess I got burned out, but I joined Boot Camp where no whining is allowed and I pick my own goals. Mine are increased exercise and better eating. Yes, vague, but just enough structure for me. Plus NSV's must be listed. So there ya go.

Glad to see you posting. Lots going on these last months...catch up!!!

Welcome back Zoe! I was just thinking of you and hoping you'd reappear soon! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better, I know just what you mean about needing the support and humor here... I find I need everyone here for support to fight off the bad bandster demons...

Zoe! Zoe! ZOE! (the crowd swells!)

Yay! You're back! You're back! I'm so very glad you are back! (can you tell?) Glad you are recovering, sorry it took so long!

Good to see you back, Zoe!! Sounds like you've been through some tough stuff, but came through OK. Best wishes for a happy, HEALTHY 2006 and 20 lbs off in 26 weeks!! (I'm shooting for 20 lbs off in about 45 weeks...I'm happy to be a turtle.)

Hey Zoe!!

Sorry your recovery was so slow and that your back was bothering you. Glad you are feeling better now though!

Being a turtle I very much doubt I could lose 20 lbs in 26 weeks, but I'm very interested in what you are going to do to try and get that done. Maybe I could lose 10 lbs? I'd settle for breaking my 225 by even 5 lbs! Do tell!

(hugs)

Zoe, I've been trying to send you a get well card from the summer LV bash for 3 months. I think I finally threw the card away because, well, because that was 3 months ago. I might be able to fish it from the bin, so if you want it, PM your address (I got a new puter and lost all my info.)

Glad to see you. KIT, damn it!

Welcome back! Glad to hear what you've been up to, and sorry it wasn't anything pleasant...come here for laughs and support anytime! Cindy

Hey Zoe!

Good to see your face, again. Do tell. What's the plan for the 20 pounds in 26 weeks?

Hope you are feeling all the way up to par.

Welcome Back!!

:]

Welcome Back

I remembered your Hyst in Oct and even posted a How are you? Now I know. Sorry for the pain.