Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

im feeling SO MUCH better than last week....still not out of the woods, but i got up off the sofa with NO pain this morning!

i have to admit, i was scared for a little bit that pain was gonna be my new way of life...

Great news! I felt the same way after about 8 or 9 days. Don't over do it. You still need time to heal but you are right it does get better now!

I had my surgery on the 14th and I know what you are saying I felt the same way, but have to admit this is a way better week for me. It seems to me that everyday I'm getting way better.. And I'm not feeling much pain at all anymore so just take it day by day :) ....

Hi, I had my surgery on January 3, 2011. I was sore for two weeks but now entering my 3rd week I'm feeling much better. I've been given the ok to eat soft foods. However, since starting I'm having gas issues again and now I'm constipated. Anyone else out there with the same problem, please respond.

hi everyone!

I'm about 5 days post op, and i still feel pretty awful.. the pain from the incisions isnt the problem though. I had extreme gas pains and still do occasionally. it feels almost like i really need to burp but cant. :-/ and i have ZERO appetite at all. its hard to image ever feeling hungry again, and i have to admit its starting to wear on me...

Good luck!

Glad to know you're feeling better... it DOES get easier... and as you lose weight, you'll forget more and more all the pain and strain and things you had to give up.... It's soooo worth it!

:)

I had surgery 4 days ago...my incisions feel like a very dull pain compared to the chest pains. I have constant chest and back pain. It hurts to breathe. Feels like I always have to burp I just want to feel normal again. I am so sick of broth and Protein lol. Today I had a few bites of cream of potato Soup and I felt better. I have had the runs for 2 days and its horrible! For me the surgery recovery was worse than I expected...people told me if I survived a csection than this surgery should be a breeze...YEAH RIGHT!

I had surgery 4 days ago...my incisions feel like a very dull pain compared to the chest pains. I have constant chest and back pain. It hurts to breathe. Feels like I always have to burp I just want to feel normal again. I am so sick of broth and Protein lol. Today I had a few bites of cream of potato Soup and I felt better. I have had the runs for 2 days and its horrible! For me the surgery recovery was worse than I expected...people told me if I survived a csection than this surgery should be a breeze...YEAH RIGHT!

I COMPLETELY FEEL YOUR PAIN! lol ive had the same recovery! i was expecting to feel abdominal soreness and pain at the incisions but really, its nothing compared to the gas pains in my chest! i had my surgery 5 days ago and today is the first day where i can actually take a breath and not wince at the pain. i too want to feel normal! im just clinging to the hope and reminder that i wont feel like this forever and it does get better! how is your appetite? hang in there! i'm right there with ya! :)

Hi, I had my surgery on January 3, 2011. I was sore for two weeks but now entering my 3rd week I'm feeling much better. I've been given the ok to eat soft foods. However, since starting I'm having gas issues again and now I'm constipated. Anyone else out there with the same problem, please respond.

Fiber choice chewables work well for me

my surgery was 1/17/10 and i started back at work today finally!! The best advicei can give is to walk as much as you can, even when you feel like you are having trouble breathing the walking is the only thing that helps with the gas pains. Once the gas pains start to subside the hunger pains will kick in and you WILL be hungry! Just remember to drink your Water and Protein even though you dont feel like u can. It gets much better by day 7 i felt almost back to normal. Good luck and if you have any question feel free

I had my one week check up and things are going swimmingly! Healing well, minimal pain and down 13 pounds! I'm almost to the point where I'm no longer too fat for my home scale!

I planned a reward of some new boots when I finally get down to home scale weight! I'm super psyched!

I had my one week check up and things are going swimmingly! Healing well, minimal pain and down 13 pounds! I'm almost to the point where I'm no longer too fat for my home scale!

I planned a reward of some new boots when I finally get down to home scale weight! I'm super psyched!

Congrats! We are both doing well i was down 10 in my 1 week checkup!!! keep up the good work!