Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Gained Over Holidays

Okay, I go in for a fill on Wednesday, and I have to endure that horrific moment when I step on the scale and admit to the person weighing me that I overdid it during the holidays! It's like waiting for a root canal. I know this is a process and that perhaps I won't be the first one on the scale to have ever gained :P but I'm still in agony. Please tell me I'm not alone. And remind me that the scale needs to start moving the other direction!!! I was just banded on November 4th, so to see a gain this early in the game is killing me. I have no restriction at all, but thanks to replys on my earlier post I know that will change soon.

Chances are if you have no restriction your Dr. will understand that is alot of why you gained. You should keep your head high and just start moving in the right direction. Its a new year and a new start. Get that fill and you will be on the right path to losing!!! Looks like your doing great to me. You have lost 27 pounds right??? In 2 months.. Thats great!!

Clementine, it's common to gain weight after you heal up and start eating real foods again, holidays or not. You are already scheduled to go in for a fill, and I'm sure they've seen this happen a whole bunch!

You are doing great, and you'll be on the downward side again before you know it. :P

You gained over the holidays?

So did a lot of people, I suspect!

I don't know what Christmas is like in the USA, but here in the UK, we Celebrate Christ's birth by eating our on weight in chocolates, and sitting on a couch, watching the TV.

:P

I was banded 11/17 and have only lost 12 lbs so far and had one fill???? I too gained about 3 lbs the last week????? realize this band does not curb the desire..........(in my head) looks like you've lost 30 lbs....lets all hang in there!:Bunny

OH my Darlin', Oh my Darlin', Oh my darlin Clementine

You have lost weight

girlfriend you've done great

go for a fill

and you'll be fine.

(Sing it in the tune of oh my darlin' Clementine)

I don't know what Christmas is like in the USA, but here in the UK, we Celebrate Christ's birth by eating our on weight in chocolates, and sitting on a couch, watching the TV.

:P

Are you sure your not from New Jersey ? lol, we do the same.

I have 0 restriction as well and I'm dreading getting on the scale friday for my first fill. It is embarassin but heck, we are human and we did do this for help. Hang in there, your not alone.

I gained 1.5 pounds and I've only been banded since September. And I was restricted! Don't you worry. Like everyone else said, once you get restriction you'll lose those dreaded holiday pounds!

Pretty much the same here in the U.S. at my house on Christmas..LOL

Luckily for me I had not weight gain because of it..however I only ate 1/4 of my weight in chocolate :D

Where else can a girl turn for a little encouragement.....AND a song?? Thanks for the support. I'm dreading that scale tomorrow, but looking forward to tomorrow night when it is over and I'm back on track....hopefully with a nice tight band and enough guilt to keep me on target from now on! My headless chocolate Santa is now in the trash. That was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever said to a man. :D He had a good head on his shoulders (literally!) but I just couldn't stand the temptation any longer. So, he's outta here and I'm ready to be good.

Thanks again!

Dear Clementine,

Do not fret! I was banded Nov 22 and have had no fill yet in fact not until Jan 13th am I scheduled. I don't feel any restriction at this point either. I so look foreward to my fill. On top of all this my activity level has been ZERO! I have had the respiratory flu and feel like I've been hit by a truck! I got on the scale today and dum da dum.... I gained 3.5 lbs. ahhhhhhh! I totally understand where you are coming from. I told myself and I'm telling you now that the problem of the holidays are past so, lets all get on the ball and do better. I know I plan on it anyways. "The biggest part of fixing a problem is identifying it so you can get to the solution." I sound like Dr Phil. Only because I've heard him say that. So get back on track and you will be ok. Good luck to you.

Schel

I put on about 2 lbs also and I have good restriction. The difference being before it would have been more like 10 lbs and a downward spiral to overeating because Id already put on so much weight anyway. Now I just go back to the way I was before Chrissy and take it off again.

Dont worry it happens to most of us, the thing is now we have a band we just move on the next day :D