Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

banded 11/17 only lost 13 lbs

I was banded on 11/17 I have had one fill on the 12/20 and I was hungry when I left the office, I dont feel any restriction....scared this isnt going to work. I am hungry all the time HELP!

It can take a few fills to feel restriction. Do you have another appointment set up for a fill? What are you eating? Are you getting at least 60-70g of Protein a day? Are you exercising?

Until you have restriction it's all on you. Be aware of what you're consuming, drink your Water, exercise, and you should be okay.

I was banded on 11/17 I have had one fill on the 12/20 and I was hungry when I left the office, I dont feel any restriction....scared this isnt going to work. I am hungry all the time HELP!

Bless your heart. I was banded on 11/22 and had my first fill this past Friday. I too am still hungry. The only thing I know to do is to keep your chin up, eat as your surgeon suggests, and forge ahead.

I don't think we will ever feel "full" like we did before being banded. Our "full" then was really "stuffed and miserable". Now, we all (new bandsters) have to learn what "satisfied" feels like. That will be our new definition of "full".

Chin up.....YOU CAN DO THIS!!

It can take a few fills to feel restriction. Do you have another appointment set up for a fill? What are you eating? Are you getting at least 60-70g of Protein a day? Are you exercising?

Until you have restriction it's all on you. Be aware of what you're consuming, drink your Water, exercise, and you should be okay.

I am getting a fil today 1/1/11. I am eating bigger portions, I dont have that full feeling. and you are right I need more protien because I am hungry all the time.

thank you

Bless your heart. I was banded on 11/22 and had my first fill this past Friday. I too am still hungry. The only thing I know to do is to keep your chin up, eat as your surgeon suggests, and forge ahead.

I don't think we will ever feel "full" like we did before being banded. Our "full" then was really "stuffed and miserable". Now, we all (new bandsters) have to learn what "satisfied" feels like. That will be our new definition of "full".

Thank you for the encouraging words. How did you lose so much weight? I am going for a fill today, I was eating lunch when they called, I had a spinach (fresh) 2oz turkey wrap all equaling 220 calories, I normally could eat both (lg Tomato basil wrap) but today I had one and I am full, whats with this???? I had yogrut and 1/2 bananna for Breakfast. tell me what I am doing wrong.

That sounds right, pay attention to your body, a good portion of this journey is mental.

I was banded on 11/22 and have lost 15 lbs since surgery and 22lbs since Pre-Op... my weight loss is slow as well, but i'm being very conscious of what I eat.

Thank you for the encouraging words. How did you lose so much weight? I am going for a fill today, I was eating lunch when they called, I had a spinach (fresh) 2oz turkey wrap all equaling 220 calories, I normally could eat both (lg Tomato basil wrap) but today I had one and I am full, whats with this???? I had yogrut and 1/2 bananna for Breakfast. tell me what I am doing wrong.

TX Harley i don't think u are doing anything wrong. I was banded on 11/22 and it's coming off slowly for me as well. I'm down 15 since surgery and 22 since pre-op.

Don't be discouraged! I am trying not to be, I was banded on 11/15 and have lost 30 lbs. However 18 of that was pre-op. I am extremely hungry all the time and have been loading up on as much Protein and Water as I can. I had my first fill on 12/13 and it was pretty good until about a week ago and now I am really super hungry and want everything. Trying to stay focused, my second fill is on friday 1/14 and I hope i will feel some restriction so that I can be motivated. I keep telling myself as long as I am going forward and losing something, its progress! Patience we can all get throught this, better things are yet to come!

Kim

Don't be discouraged! I am trying not to be, I was banded on 11/15 and have lost 30 lbs. However 18 of that was pre-op. I am extremely hungry all the time and have been loading up on as much Protein and Water as I can. I had my first fill on 12/13 and it was pretty good until about a week ago and now I am really super hungry and want everything. Trying to stay focused, my second fill is on friday 1/14 and I hope i will feel some restriction so that I can be motivated. I keep telling myself as long as I am going forward and losing something, its progress! Patience we can all get throught this, better things are yet to come!

Kim

I'm gonna tell my doctor that my fills are lasting about 3 weeks tops..i'd like to go 4 weeks without that hungry feeling...

I read these posts and I think "what was the stinking purpose of the band?" I mean couldn't we lose the weight doing what we're "supposed to do" with the band, without the band? ie, eat Protein, exercise, etc. It's an honest question not meant to be rude, and I just have to wonder is the band really doing anything at all, or are we just dieting now?

I read these posts and I think "what was the stinking purpose of the band?" I mean couldn't we lose the weight doing what we're "supposed to do" with the band, without the band? ie, eat Protein, exercise, etc. It's an honest question not meant to be rude, and I just have to wonder is the band really doing anything at all, or are we just dieting now?

When were you banded Mattie? From what i've been reading.. it doesn't seem to "kick in" until after 6 months. Right after i get my fill i'm good, but now that i'm coming towards a fill, it seems like i have to watch what i eat more than anything.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 lbs per week.

The average weight loss with the band is 1-2 lbs per week.

did you lose that kinda of weight during the first 6 months.