Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just had Surgery yesterday and Im in PAIN

I am by no means scolding anyone but come on you have to know pain is involved

i am actually feeling much better now. getting the hickups hurts like hell and laughing still does too, but ive noticed by body is starting to push out the gas now... my doctors had told me that i would be uncomfortable, but didn't really mention the pain in the shoulders and the collar bone. im still stiff of course and its hard to bend down and get up sometimes, but its getting better

they gave me the liquid vicodim, but i notcied i haven't gone #2 in about 3 days so i was thinking about taking a liquid laxative and switching to the liquid tylonal since the pain isn't so bad...

is a laxative ok to take after 3 days? im thinking it might even help with the gas

wow only 1 incission? i have 5!!! i've noticed the pain going away... walking really does help with the gas... i even tried riding a bike and honestly, that really helped! I want a buritto so bad tho haha

I was banded on the 26 and have pain in the port iscision. It is swollen and when I touch it there is a bump inside.

How long does it take for the port inscision to go away. Should I go se the doc?

I was banded on the 14th and my pain at my largest incision just went away. It wasn't great pain, just slight enough to know it was there. The days after i was banded was in pretty decent pain. They had wrote me a prescription for Dilaudid at the hospital, but I had my surgeon write me up one for percocets afterwards. The pain meds make you constipated, so make sure to take some Miralax and colace. It also suppresses your appetite so make sure you're getting enough Protein for the day.

Hello there,

Congrats on the surgery! When I had mine last month, I was so sore for about 2 weeks. People heal differently, though some pain is to be expected.

I had 4 inscion and my biggest inscion hurt me the most. I have been post op for about 3 weeks and Im feeling really good now, Still a little sore arround the port area.

Just give your body some time to heal, rest up and the pain will get better. I took 2 weeks off and went back to work after that, I felt good. If the pain dosen't get any better I would consult your doctor, but keep in mind everyone is different. It might take someone 3 days to heal when your body needs a little more time.

Just Keep up the good work and Congrats again on your surgery!\

Angelee :D

Hi guys, i got banded on monday (3rd), and still with a nasty pain in my back and some gas... I guess it will get better soon...

I got only one incision right on top of my belly buttom, and it only hurts when im getting in and out of bed...

Hope u feel better soon honey, life is good and great things are ahead of us!! God bless!!!

hey today is 2 weeks preop for me and I too was overwelhmed by the pain at first. I knew there was gonna be pain but didnt know the extent til I was experiencing it. The first few days are the worse and then u feel better. Im still sore now, and my belly button (i too had single incision) is still raw. Just keep taking gas-x and walk walk walk! Just do what i do and think of the results :)

I was uncomfortable for the first 2 days and then I felt pretty good. My biggest suggestions are to walk, use Gas X strips for the gas and a heating pad also helped with the discomfort in my shoulder from the gas pains. I only took prescription pain meds for the 1st day and then I used liquid Tylenol because the prescription knocked me out (I have a very low tolerance for medication). Give it a few days and you'll be feeling so much better.

Hi. I was banded November 1 and had a lot of pain that first week. Remember, you have had abdominal surgery. Not everyone has that discomfit, but it is normal. . . . and it goes away. Were you given a prescription for pain meds? Use them. Eat what ever you can - it will come back. I also had shoulder pain - I think they had my left arm stretched out during the surgery - at least that is what I remember before being put under. That pain also went away in a few days.

Good luck. Enjoy your new stomach!

I was banded the 29th of December. It has officially been one week!

The pain was almost unbearable the first 48 hours. We have a high bed so getting in and out of it was hard, but luckily I had help! I did take almost all the liquid vicodin they gave me. I had a Migraine from the recirculated dry air in the surgery center that took 2 days to go away. I literally did NOT sleep for almost 24 hours. I called the doctor's office about the migraine and they prescribed me phenigren (sp) for nausia and because it would "knock me out" so I could sleep off some of the headache. They did tell me to go ahead and take some ibuprofen also.

I had a lot of scar tissue in my abdomen from a back surgery that the surgeons had to go thru the front, do some fo the work-sew me up and flip me over then cut in the back and finish. My Dr. said it took him 1 1/2 hours to get thru the scar tissue and they ended up having to put in an extra port to get the band on. I have 6 incision sites! Only one of them hurts-and it almost makes me buckle when I stand up.

I did have the severe gas pains in my shoulders and back. Heating pad helped as did the old-fashioned GET UP AND WALK :o)

I asked myself at least 20 times "What the he!! did I do? Why did I do this stupid thing?"

Because I knew I needed this. Because I did everything else on this earth to get healthy. The first three days were a nightmare for me, again because of the scar tissue. It should be all uphill from here right? I haven't vomited one time, or even felt like I needed to once the migraine went away.

I CAN DO THIS!!!

weight.png