Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to stop beating myself up.....

With all the food challenges during the holidays, I think I did very well. I am trying to look at life with a band as a LIFE. Not a diet......a diet implies that you can choose to follow it or not.

So, I went into the holidays with the mindset of making good choices and not depriving myself. And I think I did very well. Did I have sweets? Yes--but just a taste....not several servings! And not 25 different tastes!! Just one or two. At Chrismas dinner (we did italian food --stuffed shells, meatballs, veggie lasagna) I had a little bit of what I liked. I didn't fill my plate with food I don't really like just to be polite. I had two stuffed shells and a meatball. I didn't have seconds (was full and didn't want any).

I still beat myself up........I had some chips and dip.......but the difference....this year, I had a few chips on my plate and a spoonful of dip. Last year, it would have been most of a bag of chips and the container of dip!! I don't know how long before I stop the mind games and start thinking like a thin person.

I do have to say, I had more carbs than I normally have and my GI tract didn't like it very much.....TMI...sorry. ;)

So, now I am back on track. I have a thing of chili in the crock pot (best thing to have during a blizzard!) My fill appointment for today was cancelled due to the blizzard. I need to call tomorrow and I am sure they will get me in tomorrow.

I hope everyone had a good holiday.

crock pot! yummmmm

dont worry, we all are getting used to things we arent used to like not eating a whole bag of chips. surround ur self with healthy foods. shop at markets, organic stores, whole foods. know and love what u put in ur body. cuzu only have one body

Don't beat yourself up. You did great over the holidays. It was so hard at my house with all of the breads and Cookies around but I only let myself have a few M&Ms. My family watches me like a hawk with my eating!

Oh you need to quick beating yourself up over the small things! It's your life and you've only got one to live. You've already made the right decision to have this surgery. It's the holidays and eating foods you don't normally eat is exactly what you should be doing, mild preportions like you did. It takes a lot of strength to get through the holidays and I praise you for it. This is all about a change in your lifestyle. You don't have to give up everything. All you've got to do is take it slowly and watch everything that goes in your mouth. You did wonderful and think of this as the small tiny steps which will lead you to the big ones.

I agree with your way of thinking. This is not a diet, it is a way of life. What's funny to me is to watch everyone else and I am soo glad I cannot eat like that anymore. Most people are miserable after stuffing themselves, but we're not! I love my band!

Agree with the others. Empower yourself by forgiving yourself and move on! YOU kept to small portions! YOU did not go back for seconds! YOU are ready to get back on your weight loss life plan! Kudos to you!:lol:

I think you should look yourself in the mirror and congratulate yourself on how far you have come! Great job!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
    • Aunty Mamo

Iʻm roughly 6 weeks post-op this morning and have begun to feel like a normal human, with a normal human body again. I started introducing solid foods and pill forms of medications/supplements a couple of weeks ago and it's really amazing to eat meals with my family again, despite the fact that my portions are so much smaller than theirs. 
      I live on the island of Oʻahu and spend a lot of time in the water- for exercise, for play,  and for spiritual & mental health. The day I had my month out appointment with my surgeon, I packed all my gear in my truck, anticipating his permission to get back in the ocean. The minute I walked out of that hospital I drove straight to the shore and got in that water. Hallelujah! My appointment was at 10 am. I didn't get home until after 5 pm. 
      I'm down 31 pounds since the day of surgery and 47 since my pre-op diet began, with that typical week long stall occurring at three weeks. I'm really starting to see some changes lately- some of my clothing is too big, some fits again. The most drastic changes I notice however are in my face. I've also noticed my endurance and flexibility increasing. I was really starting to be held up physically, and I'm so grateful that I'm seeing that turn around in such short order. 
      My general disposition lately is hopeful and motivated. The only thing that bugs me on a daily basis still is the way those supplements make my house smell. So stink! But I just bought a smell proof bag online that other people use to put their pot in. My house doesn't stink anymore. 

· 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

Oh yeah, something I wanted to rant about, a billing dispute that cropped up 3 months ago.
      Surgery was in August of 2023. A bill shows up for over $7,000 in January. WTF? I asks myself. I know that I jumped through all of the insurance hoops and verified this and triple checked that, as did the surgeon's office. All was set, and I paid all of the known costs before surgery.
      A looong story short, is that an assistant surgeon that was in the process of accepting money from my insurance company touched me while I was under anesthesia. That is what the bill was for. But hey, guess what? Some federal legislation was enacted last year to help patients out when they cannot consent to being touched by someone out of their insurance network. These types of bills fall under something called, "surprise billing," and you don't have to put up with it.
      https://www.cms.gov/nosurprises
      I had to make a lot of phone calls to both the surgeon's office and the insurance company and explain my rights and what the maximum out of pocket costs were that I could be liable for. Also had to remind them that it isn't my place to be taking care of all of this and that I was going to escalate things if they could not play nice with one another.
      Quick ending is that I don't have to pay that $7,000+. Advocate, advocate, advocate for yourself no matter how long it takes and learn more about this law if you are ever hit with a surprise bill.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches