Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Recommittig for 2011

Count me in too! If we are all committed to doing this, we should check in on this thread or a new one throughout the year.

I was banded Sept 09, down 95 pounds. I have 28 more to go and have found myself getting lazy too. I haven't gained any weight but haven't lost either.

For motivation, I log on here but I often find books helpful. books and physically reading the writing grounds me and gives me the push to do what I need. I just purchased Bandwagon--strategies for success iwth the adjustable band by Jean McMillian. Even reading just a few pages remotivates me for success!

I'm there with you all, that last 15 does not want to come off! Part of it is my choices though too. So here we go to making goal this year!!!!! Good luck in all your journeys.

Count me in! I have lost 50 pounds from 230 down to 180. I seem to be stuck at 180 since September (the Holidays didn't help any).My goal is 150 and these last 30 pounds seem to be going soooo slow. The first 50 went easily. I have never kept a journal but plan to starting Jan. 1st. I have slipped back into old habits as far as eating to many sweets and a hand full of carbs here and there.I never overeat at one sitting thanks to the band it won't let me but I catch myself grazing too often. My exercise has been pretty good up until Christmas week then I got a lazy and got off schedule. My Fluid intake is good thanks to sugar free Kool aid and crystal light. I have been very diligent in keeping up with my fills and have a very good Dr. I also have good family support as far as I have a daughter (down 80 pounds) and son-in-law(down 50 pounds)that are banded also a good friend that was just banded yesterday.I am in need of a good support group if anyone knows of one.I live in the Mansfield/Marion Ohio area about an hour north of Columbus.Good luck everyone! With these wonderful tools in us to help we can all reach our goals and live healthy and more attractive lives. Tina

For me it isnt a matter of recommitting, but staying committed. I am very frustrated because I am not losing weight (5lb total for the last 2 months) and exercising.

I have scheduled an appt with my doctor to go over my food and exercise journal and see if he can figure out what I am doing wrong.

I had my first bad cheat 2 days ago and ate chicken Nuggets, Something that I havent eaten in years. Why? Because I am so frustrated.

But, I have vowed to keep on the diet as eventually it has to kick in.

That lapband book sounds interesting-- I'll have to look it up. I get SHAPE magazine, and I read the articles about weight loss successes, etc. and it helps keep me motivated.

TinyTina-- our stories are nearly identical!!! I'm still working out, but not as hard as I was. I think sometimes I'm just kinda going through the motions. For the first year after being banded, I didn't allow myself to eat any sweets (except maybe a bite or two on a birthday, special event), but lately I've been grazing as well. I am confident that I MUST stop this behavior in order to reach my goal and not end up back where I was (weight wise). It's a really tough habit to break. I think I need to come up with a new "distraction" or routine. I know that I graze usually out of habit, or due to emotions. When excited, or bored, or depressed, I reach for sweets or carbs. I would LIKE to cut out all snacking, but at least if I can omit the unhealthy ones for now. I don't think my body needs Snacks at all-- it's just a comfort thing for me :)

I am with you!!! I need to kick into high gear as well. I am starting a Facebook page for all of my friends to watch me lose weight...video blogs, menus and daily motivational posts!!! It's time to take my life back. I was banded on 02/08/10 an I've lost about 70 lbs this month. I am trying to have a baby and everything this year. I am desperate for this...

Thanks for being the catalyst to get us motivated!!!

Count me in too. I was banded in Sept of 09. I have lost 39 lbs only to gain

back 8 since my unfill in Sept. 2010. I have had many ups and downs on this

journey and right now I have been down since my unfill. Back to the old habits. I

have discovered I am not hungry but continue to eat and eat...it just makes me

feel so good. Then I get depressed and eat to bring myself back up.

I'm ready to get back on track and make this year successful, Look out 2011 here I come!

I with you also. I had my band 2 years and only lost 40 lbs. Fell off the wagon months ago and followed WW to keep me somewhat in line. Its time for me to be fully committed and finish what I started.

I hate to admit this but i am stuck in the 240 range. I've been there for awhile now. I keep going up and down. This will be the year for all of us! We can do this. I'm so ready to get all this crap off! I am also having the problem with my stomach. You can tell i've lost weight everywhere else but my stomach just doesnt wanna cooperate. I've noticed that it is getting smaller but then i noticed that it is starting to droop down & it looks like i've got all this extra skin there. I already had a droopy stomach with all that extra skin but now im getting more cuz of the weight loss. I always knew it wasnt gonna be easy and im not giving up. I made a promise to myself, my husband & my girls. We can all do this!

Add me to the list... I too need to get back into gear. I finally broke into onederland in November but have only lost 1 pound since then, using the holidays as an excuse to stray from the plan that has been working so well for me up until then. I am going back to NY to see my family in April, all of whom havent seen me in a very long time. I plan on getting myself back on track to show myself that I can follow through with what I set my mind to AND to show them how much better I look and feel.

WE WILL ROCK OUR BANDS IN 2011 !!!

Happy New Year to everyone!

I'm in-time to get serious. Vacation and then the holidays lead me totally away from eating right and I've gained 4 pounds. It's so easy to lose focus even with this great tool. I did have a NSV since I have gone to the gym everyday this week. I've also decided to go back to WW, they have a good support group that I obviously need (and it's cheaper than a therapist!). Hurray for everyone on the board and HAPPY HEALTHY NEW YEAR!

Okay, I am in too! I need to loose, I am about 10 pounds away from onederland and I really need to get there to stay motivated. Like many of you, I am frustrated but I am not going to give up. I am happy that I haven't gained, but know I NEED to loose! Let's all do this together and 2011 will be the year......

If not now when? today is the day and this is the year (innwtitdtity)....

Sorry for the delay, this new format of this webiste has got me all over the place. i thought I had posted a reply but apparently i was mistaken. Thanks to everyone for all the post and supportive comments. I am back on track, with the workouts, eating right "and all that jazz". Where ever you are in the process i welcome you aboard the recommitt, reconnect, re-whatever you want ot call it. Exciting 2011 ahead!

ddgal~ I'm in. It looks like we are in almost the exact same boat!!! I started at 278 and am down hovering in the 175-180 range right now. I was banded in June of 09 and am ready to get this last thirty or so off! I am recommitted and have been tracking my food, exercise, and Water at www.livestrong.com using their daily plate feature. When I was really losing weight in the beginning stages, I found that this tool helped me immensely! Do you like to cook? I've been working on some recipes to make this journey easier as well. I found a website that my dietitian recommended to count the calories in each recipe www.caloriecount.about.com Just a few suggestions! Thanks for starting this thread! Good luck to everyone!