Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ive put out an additonal 1300ccs or so since my last post...I lost count at like 5 bags but an educated guess is that I'm probably on the 8th or 9th bag of lactated ringers since I got here...I think each bag is 1000ccs not sure though.....so I still have quite a bit of Fluid ine.....but at least its coming out....I also probably havent taken enough oral fluids becuase I haven't "gotten to kno" my new stomach yet and I am afraid of hurling ive only had about 32oz by mouth plus about 1/2c Jello and 1/4 cup of chicken broth since I got here yesterday....I am just petrfied of puking...I dont know if there's such thing as "vomit-aphobia" but if there I have it...last time I puked was summer of 1999! ya I remeber i becuase lets just say it was one of those memorable pukes...if you catch my drift....I'm sure I probably will at least once cuz I wll probably push my limits, but I hope not at least for a while...and if I do it in the hospital they said they were going to keep me another night...and I'm set for discharge in a few hours...so I wuld not want to blow that.....cant sleep in these hospitals..:blink:

Really glad things are "going" better for you. 32 oz by mouth is an awful lot of liquid immediately post op. I didn't have anything but ice chips for the first 20 hours, then a few oz for the swallow test and a small juice and a little bit of Jello. Drinking a quart might have made me queasy.

FYI, 1000 cc's is about 1 quart (33 or so oz), which weighs about 2 lbs. This explains why most of us gain weight when we have the band installed. It will take a few days to drain.

Ya no nausea for me at all yet-(knock on wood but it'll come eventually....everything seems to hurt more than yesterday..but my incions itch which means they are healing(or it means I'm allergic to the dermabond or the purple ink that it is colored with lol)...they put one of those Patches behind my ear I think that has something to do w/ the abscence of the nausea It took me like 15 hrs to drink that 32oz...I didn't chug it all at once lol. Same with the Jello. 1.5 snck size cups over like 16 hrs..anyway I'm glad I'm peeing now. No gas yetn although I have gas pains I haven't even tooted once.....do they allow u to take gas-x?....does it actually work in our situation?

Thanks for all the help guys!

I am not sure how much fluids I reeceived during my stay, but I know when I was wanting to leave, they had me urinated first and I really did not have to go, and I sat for a number of minutes just trying to will myself to go and then only had a little, but they let me go.

Off topic for a minute because I just thought of this. They put a anti nauseas patch behind my ear prior to surgery, and I just remembered it was there. Anyone know how long I am supposed to keep it on, I never asked.

Yes Gas X helps and yes that patch is why you aren't nauseated. Just an FYI b/c noone told me this until after I was freaked out- a side effect of that patch is that it can dilate your pupils and cause blurry vision.

I wasn't told that and I went in to have my tubes tied. The next morning I couldn't see out of one eye. I kept thinking WTF? WTF? I was freaked out. LOL It went away on it's own within 24 hours though.

Just keeping sipping on your fluids. That patch will last for 72 hours so I say keep it on for a while longer.

Dave...thank you for mentioning the weight gain. I cried when I weighed out before leaving...I was albs heavier than when they weighed me in. And I was in and out in 5 hours. Almost broke my heart to go up that much in 5 hours. But now, this morning @ home I've lost 4 of the 8 (survey was yesterday) and the gas is finally coming out

Dave...thank you for mentioning the weight gain. I cried when I weighed out before leaving...I was albs heavier than when they weighed me in. And I was in and out in 5 hours. Almost broke my heart to go up that much in 5 hours. But now, this morning @ home I've lost 4 of the 8 (survey was yesterday) and the gas is finally coming out