Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start the PreOp diet today!

So today is the day I start my preop diet. It seems pretty typical - from what I've read. I'm mentally prepared for it but since I work this jacked up shift - I had my last normal meal just before midnight. I didn't go wild - it consisted or a turkey with provolone on wheat, strawberry greek yogurt, and a banana. I will have a protien shake in a few hours and then it'll be my bedtime a few hours following that. I'm actually pretty excited. I can't believe I'm only two weeks away. Luckily I have an amazingly supportive husband who is doing most the preop diet with me. <Yes ladies, I realize how blessed I am with this!>:rolleyes:

Just hoping I don't hit too many road blocks (and cravings). Having my big 30th birthday party this Saturday - so I'm a little nervous about that. But i have told my closest friends so they will ward off the evil doers LOL :lol:

Any advice?

I have no advice Swan56 but just wanted to say good luck to you. My surgery is the 28th so I start the pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. It great you have such a supportive husband. I asked my wife if she wanted to do the Protein shake diet too, haha, not a chance.:lol: I do almost all of the cooking and meal prep for her and my daughters. She did agree to take over that duty for the next 6 weeks or so which is nice.

I told her in 6 weeks I would make her a nice romantic meal of mashed potatoes and apple sauce to thank her for her support.

Also, Happy 30th Birthday. What a nice present you are doing for yourself this year !!

Good luck, you can do it. Take it day by day and don't forget your end goal. The hardest part for me has been preparing meals for the family. I have 2 five year olds, 17 year old, and the hubby to prepare for. My husband does what he can while he's here but he works a lot of overtime. But oh the smells drive my stomach crazy :) Other than that I have been surprised at how well the shakes keep the hunger away.

So today is the day I start my preop diet. It seems pretty typical - from what I've read. I'm mentally prepared for it but since I work this jacked up shift - I had my last normal meal just before midnight. I didn't go wild - it consisted or a turkey with provolone on wheat, strawberry greek yogurt, and a banana. I will have a protien shake in a few hours and then it'll be my bedtime a few hours following that. I'm actually pretty excited. I can't believe I'm only two weeks away. Luckily I have an amazingly supportive husband who is doing most the preop diet with me. <Yes ladies, I realize how blessed I am with this!>:rolleyes:

Just hoping I don't hit too many road blocks (and cravings). Having my big 30th birthday party this Saturday - so I'm a little nervous about that. But i have told my closest friends so they will ward off the evil doers LOL :lol:

Any advice?

I just have to say that im happy for you, your husband is doing the pre-op diet with you, My husband is going to do it with me as well, he needs to lose a few pounds but not much so for him he sees it as a total plus hes helping me and himself! now i just need to get rid of all the kids fruit Snacks lol. ill jepp a watch on your posts for updates! and yes we are blessed with amazing hubbies!!! :)

I started my pre op diet today, too!! I'll be banded on Dec 30!

I didn't know what to expect, but it's not so bad. I've been told that the first 3 days are the hardest as your body detox's from the sugars.

We have our family Christmas party at our house on Saturday, so I can relate to your concerns about your birthday. Happy Birthday, you are giving yourself a great gift!

I am doing Optifast for the next two weeks. What is your program?

Good luck, let's keep in touch.....

Good luck! i am 1/2 way through and will be banded on Tuesday! This site is very supported and you will find awesome ideas on how to deal with this. Good luck again and have a great evening!

I have started my liquid diet and today is my second day. It feels like this is going to be a tough journey, but i will make. I have 12 more days of this. My surgery is December 28, 2010. I am missing eating a little bit but i am excited about the future!

Tomorrow is my last day of preop! I will have surgery Friday morning at 6:00am by Dr. Adam Smith in Fort Worth, Texas! I'm excited! I have been using Jillian Michael's whey Protein chocolate flavor and adding about 1 tbs Peanut Butter along with ice cubes Yum! My children are grown and my Husband said he would fend for himself for a while so it's been easy for me.

I was allowed one meal as Soup any kind with clear broth and with all the veggies in it. Parties haven't been an issue as I make sure to have my shake if it's almost meal time and drink Water when I got to the party.

Today is my third day, and seemed to be harder today. I am hungry right now. I was at my bowling league and someone on another team was eating fries and ketchup, it smelled so good, but I held my ground. I have had a string cheese, but nothing else. I am dreading the last 2 days on Clear liquids...

I see some of you are using the tickers starting with your pre op diet? I guess I should start mine now, huh?

I started my preop diet today too! I only have 7 days but I already know they will be VERY long. You're so lucky to have a partner with you to share the pain. The chicken broth wasnt as disgusting as the protien shake surprisingly enough. I guess I thought they'd taste like slimfast. Boy was I wrong! Is it just me or is it extremely draining to the point that you can't even exercise like we're supposed to?

I had to do a 6 month requirement of documented dieting, so I started my ticker when I started losing weight.

GOOT LUCK EVERYONE!! just think how good we are going to look in JULY!! yeah baby!!

I started my preop diet today too! I only have 7 days but I already know they will be VERY long. You're so lucky to have a partner with you to share the pain. The chicken broth wasnt as disgusting as the protien shake surprisingly enough. I guess I thought they'd taste like slimfast. Boy was I wrong! Is it just me or is it extremely draining to the point that you can't even exercise like we're supposed to?

I know about the exercise. I haven't been to the gym since I started the pre op diet, I almost went to day, but I was to tired. Even so since the diet started I have lost 6.6 lbs. I know a lot is Water, but is that even healthy to lose that much. At this rate by the end of the week, I'll have lost like 15 lbs, but I guess it probably slows down, I assume

I have no advice Swan56 but just wanted to say good luck to you. My surgery is the 28th so I start the pre-op liquid diet tomorrow. It great you have such a supportive husband. I asked my wife if she wanted to do the Protein Shake diet too, haha, not a chance.:lol: I do almost all of the cooking and meal prep for her and my daughters. She did agree to take over that duty for the next 6 weeks or so which is nice.

I told her in 6 weeks I would make her a nice romantic meal of mashed potatoes and apple sauce to thank her for her support.

Also, Happy 30th Birthday. What a nice present you are doing for yourself this year !!

Thank you Cunner! I'm glad to hear that your wife has agreed to do more in the kitchen to help you (especially with temptations). That seems to be the hardest time for me - while my husband cooked for the kids it was still hard seeing it when i was STARVING! LOL I read all these posts about people being so hungry on the preop diet and thought to myself, "I should be good, I don't eat a lot to begin with..." boy was i wrong. But when people say, it gets better - it does. I'm sure you're right about peak "suck" right now... but tomorrow will be better. It's gotten better for me atleast. I guess the good thing for me, my kids aren't mine biologically - I have two stepsons and they're with their mom the week before Christmas. So we only have them a few days this week and then get them back Christmas Eve - so it's not tempting to want to eat what they're eating. I HATE when they're gone but at least it'll be a little easier on me foodwise. Good luck on your journey! Keep in touch and let me know how you do :)

Good luck, you can do it. Take it day by day and don't forget your end goal. The hardest part for me has been preparing meals for the family. I have 2 five year olds, 17 year old, and the hubby to prepare for. My husband does what he can while he's here but he works a lot of overtime. But oh the smells drive my stomach crazy :) Other than that I have been surprised at how well the shakes keep the hunger away.

Thanks for the luck tntbelt! I definately have needed it the first few days but it's getting better. Tomorrow may be VERY rough though - I promised the kids I'd bake sugar Cookies so they could decorate them for their teachers. The smells right out of the oven will be ridiculous but luckily cookies was never really my weakness anyway - I'll be fine ...

I just have to say that im happy for you, your husband is doing the pre-op diet with you, My husband is going to do it with me as well, he needs to lose a few pounds but not much so for him he sees it as a total plus hes helping me and himself! now i just need to get rid of all the kids fruit Snacks lol. ill jepp a watch on your posts for updates! and yes we are blessed with amazing hubbies!!! :)

So awesome that your husband is willing to help as well! Mine has been a little grumpy with the lack of intake but I think he'll be okay... :rolleyes: