Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The biggest loser episode 12-07

Angera
Sign in to follow this  

DId anyone see the biggest loser last night? The final four went home to reveal themselves.

It really got me thinking. It's so made for T.V. right, do families really react like that? I mean, it got me feeling terrible about how unresponsive my family has been about the fact that i've shed over 80 pounds. I hadn't seen any of them since about two months before surgery, I went home for thanksgiving with an 86 pound weight loss and I truly was expecting the "WOW, OMG, you look great!" the shock, but it was so the opposite and made me think that I hadn't done enough................I know I should just aim to please me, but a little family reinforcement and positive feedback would be nice!!

Perhaps i'm just being oversensitive, but I really felt like for once I had a huge weight loss accomplishment and it was just another day in the neighborhood for everyone else...........is it wrong for me to have expected my family to have had that "HOLY COW BIGGEST LOSER REVEAL MOMENT"????? Am I being oversensitive?

I had one aunt say "yea, i guess you've lost some weight, but not a lot". I had my 8 month pregnant sister saying "oh no, you might catch up to me on weight" and I had another aunt saying "yea you look o.k., but you should cut your hair different".............good grief, it's like i was damned if i do lose the pounds and damned if i don't!

I guess the good news is, my husband thinks I look amazing and i agree :wub:

On another note, I cannot wait for the finale next week!!! I'm hoping Ada makes it to the final 3!!!

I did see it as I am an avid watcher every season!

People react in different ways and yes you should expect your family to do the "wow, look at you!" thing but honestly, people do not like others to succeed! You are doing awesome and don't let their reactions hold you down or make you think you haven't done enough!

The best reaction is from your husband and he thinks you look fantastic so that is all that matters!

I really want Ada to win the whole thing but my second choice would be Patrick...Frado is too cocky and well Elizabeth didn't do anything, everyone else did it for her!

Take care,smile.gif

S

I'm sorry you got those comments. I didn't get the negative comments but more the "No comment at all". I'm not upset about it though, some families just don't express their feelings or thoughts as openly as some families. That is just my family. But I'm ok with it. I am proud of where I am and you should be as well! Good Job!

Girl I love the biggest loser! BUT, you have to remember that the contestants don't see their families for 3-4 months. I think that if we disappeared for that long and came back we would get a similar reaction. I also think a lot has to do with it being TV. They probably make them have a totally outrageous reaction for the sake of the show.

As far as your family not noticing...don't sweat it. Sometimes it's out of jealously and meanness. I'm not saying your family is but it happens. Someone told me that I don't look 9 months pregnant anymore...just 4. REALLY?!?! Thanks a lot. One of my brothers WHO DOESN'T KNOW I HAD THE SURGERY was being nice and said "wow you've lost weight" and his wife, who doesn't know either, said "yeah you did a little but I didn't say anything because you didn't tell me you were on a diet"....REALLY? WTF? My response "I'm not on a diet, I'm simply watching what I eat and exercising more...trying to get healthy" what I really wanted to say was "sorry b$^#& that I don't have a damn sign on my forehead saying 'I'm on a diet'". Everyone deals with their issues differently. But like you mentioned your hubby is loving it and you feel amazing so that should be the only thing that matters. Don't let them define your success. You define your success....it's an amazing achievement...bet you $100 that they wouldn't be able to do it.

Love the Biggest Loser - I am also rooting for Ada but just don't see how she is going to win against Patrick (i think thats his name???). I agree with the previous poster - these reactions are for TV. I can tell you reality TV is really not reality...I have a family member being filmed for a weigt loss show that will be aired sometime in the spring. I have been to a few of the scheduled "surprise" tapings and I was really shocked at how it is done.

Dont let your family get to you. Just keep up the good work. It seems like when someone makes a big move to change something about them others get upset - almost like they are jealous or something.

DId anyone see the biggest loser last night? The final four went home to reveal themselves.

It really got me thinking. It's so made for T.V. right, do families really react like that? I mean, it got me feeling terrible about how unresponsive my family has been about the fact that i've shed over 80 pounds. I hadn't seen any of them since about two months before surgery, I went home for thanksgiving with an 86 pound weight loss and I truly was expecting the "WOW, OMG, you look great!" the shock, but it was so the opposite and made me think that I hadn't done enough................I know I should just aim to please me, but a little family reinforcement and positive feedback would be nice!!

Perhaps i'm just being oversensitive, but I really felt like for once I had a huge weight loss accomplishment and it was just another day in the neighborhood for everyone else...........is it wrong for me to have expected my family to have had that "HOLY COW BIGGEST LOSER REVEAL MOMENT"????? Am I being oversensitive?

I had one aunt say "yea, i guess you've lost some weight, but not a lot". I had my 8 month pregnant sister saying "oh no, you might catch up to me on weight" and I had another aunt saying "yea you look o.k., but you should cut your hair different".............good grief, it's like i was damned if i do lose the pounds and damned if i don't!

I guess the good news is, my husband thinks I look amazing and i agree :wub:

On another note, I cannot wait for the finale next week!!! I'm hoping Ada makes it to the final 3!!!

Dont worry about what your family thinks. 80 pounds is a huge success and its' too bad that cannot aknowledge that. They sound jealous. Just keep plugging away and all that matters is that you are happy and will be healthier,,:D

Thanks everyone, it just really threw me off that my family was weird about it!

I figured living 5 hours away from them and physically not seeing them in 5 months, they would've had some sort of reaction!

It's o.k. though, my mom is really happy about everything and she was just thrilled about my progress. Mommy always knows best :)

You go girl! ... and go Ada :rolleyes:

One thing I noticed and plan on doing now, is the video the made to themself. I am newly banded so if you have lost a lot you'd be in a different place. But I thought the idea of sending a message from your old overweight self to the new at weight self would be a motivation down the line to keep thin and not go back to the old ways.

Unfortunately - you can't pick your family! lol That's one of my favorite sayings and my fiance and I use it all the time in reference to his "family" - if you can call them that!

Be happy with YOU girl - don't let their negativity affect you in the slightest - you're too nice - I would of been slinging some insults right back at 'em! lol But, then again - it IS family so I know you're more than likely just trying to keep the peace.... some people just need filters inserted over their mouths! :rolleyes:

Wow. I am just glad you don't live near them or they would eat you alive. It sounds like you have a wonderful husband and you just need to make him your number one family support and try to ignore the others.

:( That sucks. I'm sure you look amazing.