Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone use Wii workouts?

ann_marie93
Sign in to follow this  

I am getting two for Christmas. I belong to a gym but never have time to go there. Both of my kids have learning issues and after work I spend HOURS helping them. I need to be able to work out in the evening.

I am getting Golds Gym Dance Workout. I'm also getting Wii Cheer, mostly for my daughter and I to have fun with, but the reviews all said that it was good exercise.

Any of you use Wii workouts? If so, which one?

I use Wii Fit and Wii Active. Out of the two I feel I get more cardio from Wii Active (the 1st version). The New Wii Active coming out looks like a blast too!

I have both Wii Fit Plus and EA sports Active. I used them a little when I first got them, but did not enjoy them much, I may try them again. I recently got Just Dance 2 and more recently Michael Jackson Experience (I love MJ) and have been doing the MJ one, it is not officially a work out game, but you can burn a lot of calories doing it. So I have been doing that as well as going to the gym. Also Wii Sports resort is fun, I try to move around a lot with the tennis to burn more calories (though I haven't playd it in a while).

I use the wii fit a lot. I did just order the zumba disks and have tried them. Enjoying them as well. I think the key to me working out home is to mix up the routine so i don't tire of one thing or the other. Mix them in with our home gym setup and i'm saving a mint by not having a gym membership and like you i can work out when my schedule allows for it.

Played Just Dance with my kids for the first time over Thanksgiving - so much fun. Santa is now bringing Just Dance 2, the Michael Jackson Experience for the "kids" and zumba for me!

Has anyone ever tried the Wii Zumba? Is it a good workout? Or are they talking about another kind of Zumba disk? Thanks for any info.

Starting Wii Biggest Loser Challenge today! ... I'll let you know how it is! B)

I just stepped off of my daughters' Wii fit board and I am loving it! :tt1: I got her the Golds Gym dance workout for Christmas and she really likes it (she's almost 14) I find it a bit to complicated for someone as uncoordinated as myself but moving in any way even if it's clumsily is better than not moving at all. I play the free rhythm step on the Wii Sports game it allows you to do "step aerobics" for as little at 10 minutes and up to 30 minutes, you control the tempo and the remote keeps the rhythm. I started out at 10 mins/800 steps everyday and am working my way up. You can even watch what you want on tv and aren't stuck looking at your Mii character the whole time...gotta say the Wii is for me! Can't wait to get Just Dance 2 this Friday!

Just Dance 2 is the best!! I sweat my behind off, I know I'm backwards but just ordered the first version! I love my wii!

I am getting two for Christmas. I belong to a gym but never have time to go there. Both of my kids have learning issues and after work I spend HOURS helping them. I need to be able to work out in the evening.

I am getting Golds Gym Dance Workout. I'm also getting Wii Cheer, mostly for my daughter and I to have fun with, but the reviews all said that it was good exercise.

Any of you use Wii workouts? If so, which one?

I have the Wii Fit and really like it, but today I bought the Just Dance 2 and I could only do 4 of the dances and I was worn out!! Talk about a workout!! Those were the easy ones too!! I am planning on using the two or these and switching up each day and see how long it takes me to get coordinated with these dance moves!! I am not a young person, so I have to work on my mojo some!! biggrin.gif

Someone said that any moving is better than no moving and I have to agree with that so even if I am not doing the moves exactly right, at least I am moving.....................rolleyes.gif

I have the Wii fit which I love! One thing I like is the customized goal setting and fitness plans that it offers. I also like the fact that it takes all of the work out of remembering what your last measurments and weight was. Each day you can do a body test to see where you stand.

However XBOX 360 KINECT IS THE NEXT BIGGEST THING!! I love it!! No balance board or controllers. So if you weigh more than 330 lbs, no worries, you can still workout and get the full benefit. Games like Biggest Loser, Zumba Kinect and Kinect Sports are just some of the ones that can really get you a great work out. I had friends over on yesterday and we played Kinect sports for about 2 hours...my body bug read that I had burned over 600 calories!!

I also LOVE Just Dance 2. Just Dance 1 is also fun. It get's my heart rate up, but not like a brutal workout, but I can easily play it for over an hour a day and not even realize where the time went. It's so much fun. My favorite game to get my heart rate up is Active Life Explorer. It's kind of like Indiana Jones. You run across the brige before it falls, or escape the alligators or mummies. You have to run fast; it really gets my heart rate up and is so much fun. You should check it out and again I would also recommend Just Dance 2. I tried Gold's Gym Dance Workout and didn't care too much for it. Walk It Out is okay too, it's not so much a game. You walk around (in place) and explore things, you can earn new items for your scenery or new songs based on how well you walk the the beat of the song. Have fun!